Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Ah trust John Browne to ruin the future plans for Wexford Campus IT Carlow he was warned about that last year to stop bringing up Enniscorthy and a campus in or near St Senans as an option as Wexford plans were nearing the finishing line.

Wexford Campus had a good spot in Wexford town be a shame if it doesn't happen now and even worse if its put up in Ennisscorthy

This isn't whats best for Wexford its about a councilor/TD trying to score points.

Brown retired last election. The son is a councillor/TD,wouldn't have thought he'd have any major clout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Brown retired last election. The son is a councillor/TD,wouldn't have thought he'd have any major clout though.

There was a big push to have the campus built in Wexford as political bias played a big part despite the location chosen being too small. Points scoring took precedence over common sense. At least the site in Enniscorthy is big enough for future expansion if needed and a technology park is also planned for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just had the last slice for lunch. :D

You could have shared a bit with us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

BuboBubo wrote: »
    However. it's back to absolutely dire signage on the new cafe - yet to open - on Abbey Square.

CAFE.JPG[/quote

Is this cafe open yet? I Haven't been in that end of Enniscorthy for a few weeks.

Anyone got news on the 1798 Centre?

One more question - will there be another Christmas Tree Exhibition in St Mary's Church this year? Last year's was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

However. it's back to absolutely dire signage on the new cafe - yet to open - on Abbey Square.

CAFE.JPG[/quote

Is this cafe open yet? I Haven't been in that end of Enniscorthy for a few weeks.

Yes, it's open but for how long?

Anyone got news on the 1798 Centre?

Closed for the season but officially it's to reopen in 2018 - apparently the sale fell through 1798 is still important.

One more question - will there be another Christmas Tree Exhibition in St Mary's Church this year? Last year's was lovely.

Yes, not sure of date yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

24129493_10215168487834027_7908149788458930627_n.jpg?oh=0a796b89c813d7abb86788eb7145838d&oe=5A90F7A7

paulaa wrote: »
    24129493_10215168487834027_7908149788458930627_n.jpg?oh=0a796b89c813d7abb86788eb7145838d&oe=5A90F7A7

Popped in yesterday, it's lovely and for a very good cause. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I see the Polish shop down at Dunnes Stores has expanded into the space that was previously Corrigans carpets

Why do Polish shops in general blank out their windows so that you can't see in? Result - in my case - is that I have never been inside one. Are they the sole preserve of Polish immigrants? :confused:

Brooklyn is on RTE over the Christmas,no idea what day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Why do Polish shops in general blank out their windows so that you can't see in? Result - in my case - is that I have never been inside one. Are they the sole preserve of Polish immigrants? :confused:

Depending on the shop it's a branding thing.

I.e. Polonez. They also own Moldova & that shop, supermarket in truth is similar in branding on windows.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Depending on the shop it's a branding thing.

I.e. Polonez. They also own Moldova & that shop, supermarket in truth is similar in branding on windows.

Thanks. I reckon it's madness as I know other locals who never go into their shops for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Thanks. I reckon it's madness as I know other locals who never go into their shops for the same reason.

Also the curiosity factor; I.e. I wonder what's inside? Only one way to found out.....

Like phone calls from blocked numbers; you won't know who it is unless you answer.

Normally if it's a known/shown number I'll let it ring out if I don't recognise or amn't expecting it & Google it subsequently.

But with a blocked number?

Can be good, can be bad.

Company I used work for used ring those who owed 'em money for the very reason people wouldn't answer if they knew their number.....

A new Ancient East tourist guide/sign thing has been erected in the market Square,right beside the carousel thing that sits idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I'm Irish, albeit with a Polish wife, and go into them all the time. The butchers in the one in Dunnes is lovely, and cheaper than anywhere in town. Great sausages, especially for the bbq season!

See quite a few Romanians, other eastern europeans in them. Good few Irish people too. My mate owns a Polish shop in Gorey, and he is a butcher, makes all his own meats etc... Fabulous stuff.

A new Ancient East tourist guide/sign thing has been erected in the market Square,right beside the carousel thing that sits idle.

It's just another piece of meaningless urban clutter and begs the following questions - Why? How much did it cost? Who paid for it? How long before it has something scrawled on it - like the 1798 memorial which is once again defaced?

It's just another piece of meaningless urban clutter and begs the following questions - Why? How much did it cost? Who paid for it? How long before it has something scrawled on it - like the 1798 memorial which is once again defaced?

Probably out of the budget for the revamp of Templeshannon which seems to have gone from a multi million Euro project to a fraction of that.

10.30am - 12.30pm in aid of the upkeep of the Athenaeum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Just a word of thanks to everyone involved in the Patron, the cemetery is looking very well indeed. I'm down for a flying visit every 4 weeks or so and it always looks in good condition.
    jca wrote: »
    Oooh I say how nice of you to drop in on us yokels and judge our graveyard.

Touches cap and leaves.... To feed the horses....

Some people rise in the morning, and the day isn't right until they can take offence at something.

kneemos wrote: »
    Brooklyn is on RTE over the Christmas,no idea what day though.

Christmas night apparently,for anyone not seen it. Couldn't be arsed paying for it.

• Advertisement

Nice to see someone eventually get busted for blocking the bus stop on the quay. The Gardai were the ones who were issuing tickets.
    They could rinse and repeat every day on the quay and people would still park in the bus stop bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Nice to see someone eventually get busted for blocking the bus stop on the quay. The Gardai were the ones who were issuing tickets.
    They could rinse and repeat every day on the quay and people would still park in the bus stop bay.

If only they'd do the same at the roundabout at the Credit Union.

It was interesting watching a 40ft truck and trailer trying to maneuver his way around it last week when there was a car parked there while the owner was in the credit union.

Used to have a warden for the top and bottom of the town. Only see one guy around now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I think that's a great idea, if IT Carlow campus was to go ahead this would help with accommodation issues, I don't think we need another luxury hotel in Enniscorthy plus I would be interested in having a look at the apartments as an alternative to buying a house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I wouldn't live in the mental for diamonds.

TheChevron wrote: »

Zero chance of catching the crazy at this stage I'd say.

I see the timber hoardings which surrounded the old Murphy Floods site are gone, that patch of ground has become a litter infested eyesore.

Homestore Plus on Rafter St have extended out to the back of the shop. It's full of cheap nik-knacks, but there are several other shops selling similar fare in town.

T Chevron,
    Apt. 23
    St Senans Lunatic Asylum,
    Enniscorthy
    1AM M4D.

I'd visit. I'd bring biscuits too. Crackers ;)

• Advertisement

There's madder people walking the streets, speaking of mad,I see a couple of our "ethnic minority" tried to bring piebald ponies into Treacys Hotel Saturday night.

Advertisement