Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

IMG_7382.JPG

The work of the village idiots is spreading and this latest bit of welcoming graffiti is on show to visitors (and locals) walking along the promenade. How long will it remain or will it be joined by more? At least they spelt Brits correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Must've been out sick the day they did geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Great stuff for attracting tourism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

paulaa wrote: »
    Great stuff for attracting tourism :rolleyes:

Quite confusing for the tourists however.. Belfast of Enniscorthy????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Maybe they've been watching Derry Girls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

They must have been on one of those mural tours up North and seen the amount of tourists on those tours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

McLoughlin wrote: »
    They must have been on one of those mural tours up North and seen the amount of tourists on those tours.

Yea right, if any of those numptys went further north than the Blackstoops roundabout they'd never find their way back.

Apparently the plan is for no left hand turn from the old bridge onto Templeshannon. People will have to use Springvally.
    Would have thought a one way system the other way would make more sense,particularly for heavy traffic and bus's for Treacys and the swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

kneemos wrote: »
    Apparently the plan is for no left hand turn from the old bridge onto Templeshannon. People will have to use Springvally.
    Would have thought a one way system the other way would make more sense,particularly for heavy traffic and bus's for Treacys and the swimming pool.

Can't imagine Anton being too happy with that, or coaches going up the backhill, and then trying to turn at Toss Kavanagh's...

Can't imagine Anton being too happy with that, or coaches going up the backhill, and then trying to turn at Toss Kavanagh's...

Disaster either way. You'd have traffic using Slaney View and Rectory Rd, or that boreen up by Vinegar Hill to get to or from the Oulart Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I think part of the €4.3 million redevelopment of Templeshannon is that the buildings from Toss Kavanaghs down to the former off licence are to be demolished (they are ready to fall down as it is)
    The added influx of traffic from the new interchange at Finchogue means that a new traffic plan will have to be drawn up for the area.

I think part of the €4.3 million redevelopment of Templeshannon is that the buildings from Toss Kavanaghs down to the former off licence are to be demolished (they are ready to fall down as it is)
    The added influx of traffic from the new interchange at Finchogue means that a new traffic plan will have to be drawn up for the area.

Charlie Cullens, The Club, Movitas, TK Cabs etc are set to be demolished?

Charlie Cullens, The Club, Movitas, TK Cabs etc are set to be demolished?

Most of them from what I've been told although Toss Kavanaghs might be moving into the old Club premises.

Most of them from what I've been told although Toss Kavanaghs might be moving into the old Club premises.

I learned how to drink in The Club! Pints of harp and pool, and a jukebox, with Charlie and his baseball bat..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I believe the lower Curracloe road is a very quiet place this morning following a mass exodus to the UK.

TheChevron wrote: »
    I believe the lower Curracloe road is a very quiet place this morning following a mass exodus to the UK.

As is around Friary hill..

Public information evening on the regeneration of Templeshannon from 6.30 pm in Treacys Hotel on Monday 19th February.

Can anyone clarify if the Councils municipal office is the building in Market Square or the one out the Old Dublin road? Anyhow €1.2 million is going to be spent upgrading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Can anyone clarify if the Councils municipal office is the building in Market Square or the one out the Old Dublin road? Anyhow €1.2 million is going to be spent upgrading it.

Google says it's the Market Square

Enniscorthy Municipal District Council Office  
    Address: Market Square, Templeshannon, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford, Ireland

Didn't think Market Square was in Templeshannon though :-)

• Advertisement

1.1 million on the courthouse.

We're getting a new Library as well apparently for 3 million.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

kneemos wrote: »
    1.1 million on the courthouse.

We're getting a new Library as well apparently for 3 million

whats wrong with the existing Library id like to know. ?

Navarre wrote: »
    whats wrong with the existing Library id like to know. ?

Not fancy enough;)

Do we really need a big glass box that will invariably be built ala Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

A vintage-style pop-up shop has appeared, today being it's first day. It's across from the Athenaeum. It's open 10am till 5pm every day until the 25th February, interesting stuff!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

not another Brooklyn Shop.

2 girls seriously sexually assaulted in the town the weekend before last. No doubt I'll be tarred as xenophobic if I say who the perpetrators were that drugged and raped them.

2 girls seriously sexually assaulted in the town the weekend before last. No doubt I'll be tarred as xenophobic if I say who the perpetrators were that drugged and raped them.

And this is fact or speculation? Gardai are involved? Crime reported?

ps, sending private messages, unsolicited, to others, with xenophobic connotations, will be deemed as xenophobic.

And this is fact or speculation? Gardai are involved? Crime reported?

ps, sending private messages, unsolicited, to others, with xenophobic connotations, will be deemed as xenophobic.

Do you want me to name the victims to keep you happy?
    Not wanting criminals in the town is not xenophobic, I don't care if they come from The Shannon, Bellfield,Timbuktu, or anywhere else for that matter.People acting the scumbag around town is not something I want to see or hear about.
    Wanting that IMO is not remotely xenophobic.
    Let's leave it at that as the argument will just go around in circles and we'll still be back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seperate incidents?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Seperate incidents?

The same perpetrators, happened last Saturday week. 2 women out for drinks,had them spiked and ended up being brought to a house and assaulted. Apparently those who carried it out have been identified and charges will be pending so maybe it's best not to say any more.

Advertisement