Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

These attacks on women seem to be turning into a worrying trend in the town,more have been reported over the last couple of weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

See Sinn Fein have opened a propaganda office on Castle Hill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Standing Bear

See Sinn Fein have opened a propaganda office on Castle Hill

Nice welcoming sight for visitors to the town. In more positive news, a new shoe shop is almost ready to open on Weafer Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

These attacks on women seem to be turning into a worrying trend in the town,more have been reported over the last couple of weekends.

Agreed. Based on the small bit I heard, and assuming its true, its really disturbing that we have not just one, but a gang of warp minded individuals going around ruining people's lives. I hope they're caught and get whats coming to them.

"small bit I heard, and assuming its true" - that's the thing. Are the rumours true? Or hearsay?

(No offence JBP1974)

My sister showed me a piece from that great source of factual, reliable news that is Facebook, last week, where local idiots were saying that with the amount of Romanians in the town now, that a mosque will be built soon to cope with them!

How much of this is basic gossiping, fear mongering and made up by thicks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

"small bit I heard, and assuming its true" - that's the thing. Are the rumours true? Or hearsay?

(No offence JBP1974)

My sister showed me a piece from that great source of factual, reliable news that is Facebook, last week, where local idiots were saying that with the amount of Romanians in the town now, that a mosque will be built soon to cope with them!

Made up by thicks I'd say.
    Romanians are almost exclusively Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

(No offence JBP1974)

One of the cases is true. The woman in question works with a relative of mine.

kneemos wrote: »
    Made up by thicks I'd say.
    Romanians are almost exclusively Christian.

Exactly. Our own could so with some education!

jca wrote: »
    One of the cases is true. The woman in question works with a relative of mine.

Yep, I was told from a very reliable source that I would trust.

Alternatively, how much of it isn't?

I'm not sure what rubbish about religion and mosques has to do with the credibility of the story, but there's certainly no harm in people being wise to what may be going on and trying to stay safe.

I'd be as happy as the next person it all turns out to be untrue, we want our town to be a safe place to live. You won't see me casting too many stones in any particular direction just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

A dispute between the owner of the Tipperary Crystal brand and a giftware seller over alleged passing off of trademarks on packaging of items offered for sale has been resolved.

Allied Imports Ltd, owner of Tipperary Crystal, had sued Co Wexford based Kavanagh Giftware Ltd.

The action concerned alleged unlawful use by the defendant of Tipperary Crystal marks on packaging of certain goods, including mugs and cups, being offered for sale by Kavanagh Giftware.

Kavanagh Giftware had rejected all the claims against it, including alleged infringement of Allied Import’s intellectual property rights.

The case had been admitted to the fast track Commercial Court list but, when it was mentioned before Mr Justice Brian McGovern on Monday, he was told the case had been resolved and could be struck out.

The case had centred on the use by Kavanagh Giftware of a grey and white coloured graphical representation on the outside and inside of the packaging of items being offered for sale by the defendant.

The plaintiffs claimed this breached their copyright and alleged the defendant had been offering the allegedly infringing products for sale through its retail outlet in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, and online.

It was also alleged Kavanagh Giftware was engaged in the wholesale distribution of the infringing products to other retailers in Ireland and the alleged unauthorised use of the Tipperary Crystal mark had caused confusion with the public.

-Irish Times (Paywall)
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/tipperary-crystal-owner-and-giftware-seller-settle-dispute-1.3406186

• Advertisement

****ing Dunnes is stripped clean.
    You'd think the apocalypse was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

kneemos wrote:
    ****ing Dunnes is stripped clean. You'd think the apocalypse was coming.

I was pulling up to Aldi thinking great there's not too many cars......that's because there's nothing on the shelves!!!

The early bird gets the worm. Plenty of food and water in over the weekend, plenty of candles, cameras charged, pub three doors away... May decide to pick up a camping gas stove in Smyths tomorrow just to be safe. Bring it on. :D

Bells21 wrote: »
    I was pulling up to Aldi thinking great there's not too many cars......that's because there's nothing on the shelves!!!

Trucks doing deliveries today,I reckon what's stocked from them will be gone within a couple of hours.
    I hope our shopkeepers and residents around town don't believe the bs that was going around in 2010 that if you clear outside your premises and somebody falls they can sue you. As a result back then the paths around town and outside people's homes were lethal.

The same perpetrators, happened last Saturday week. 2 women out for drinks,had them spiked and ended up being brought to a house and assaulted. Apparently those who carried it out have been identified and charges will be pending so maybe it's best not to say any more.

According to the Guardian, the Gardai have not received a single report, complaint or know of any incident of sexual assault in the town recently. So don't know where that info is coming from. All seems to be made up bs to me.

According to the Guardian, the Gardai have not received a single report, complaint or know of any incident of sexual assault in the town recently. So don't know where that info is coming from. All seems to be made up bs to me.

Like I said before,I won't name names just to prove a point.
    I'd be happy to report that it's made up bs but unfortunately it's not.

Like I said before,I won't name names just to prove a point.
    I'd be happy to report that it's made up bs but unfortunately it's not.

Fair enough, but it clearly hasn't been reported to the gardai.

Fair enough, but it clearly hasn't been reported to the gardai.

Is that because it hasn't been reported on in the local newspaper?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Is that because it hasn't been reported on in the local newspaper?

No, its because its been said by the Guards that they haven't received a single report of any incident.

No, its because its been said by the Guards that they haven't received a single report of any incident.

OK gotcha, so there was an article in the paper. Apologies, I misread your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

So clearly charges are not pending. Sounds like much smoke, no fire.

alastair wrote: »

Exactly, plus Gardai do not press charges. They arrest. DPP presses charges. And arrests on suspicion of sexual assault / rape are difficult to prove, and the time between arrest and charge is more than a week or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

alastair wrote: »

It did happen I know the girls name, she works with a relative of mine. She hasn’t been in work since it happened. She’s been to the Guards who immediately got her admitted to hospital, no one knows anything more than that, rightly so too considering the seriousness on the crime.

jca wrote: »
    It did happen I know the girls name, she works with a relative of mine. She hasn’t been in work since it happened. She’s been to the Guards who immediately got her admitted to hospital, no one knows anything more than that, rightly so too considering the seriousness on the crime.

As I said,just because a local paper doesn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Anybody stop to think why the papers round here are called "The local liars".
    One poster here seems to have an agenda and is grasping at more straws than a scarecrow having a **** trying to justify their denial that there were sexual assaults in the town.

Is there a shop open anywhere?

The town looks at its best this morning with no traffic, and the general grime of the place covered over by drifting snow.

grasping at more straws than a scarecrow having a ****

Sorry to go off topic, but that made me laugh out loud :)

As I said,just because a local paper doesn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Anybody stop to think why the papers round here are called "The local liars".
    One poster here seems to have an agenda and is grasping at more straws than a scarecrow having a **** trying to justify their denial that there were sexual assaults in the town.

The papers reported that the Guards have not received a single complaint re alleged sexual assualts. A Garda spokesperson confirmed that no reports have been received. You stated charges are pending, yet the Guards have said that they haven't received a complaint. I think I'll believe the Gardai rather than a rumour from facebook.

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there a shop open anywhere?

Apparently the shop in Drumgoold is opening from 15-1800

• Advertisement

The papers reported that the Guards have not received a single complaint re alleged sexual assualts. A Garda spokesperson confirmed that no reports have been received. You stated charges are pending, yet the Guards have said that they haven't received a complaint. I think I'll believe the Gardai rather than a rumour from facebook.

I'm not on Facebook so seeing rumours on it might be a bit of a problem for me. ;)

You believe what you want so it suits you but sorry to say this stuff happened.
    I'm leaving it at that as we are going around in circles.

Advertisement