Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Navarre wrote: »
    it was reported on the radio on monday morning that some young lads pulled a gun on a passerby in the Market square on Sunday last. more than likely it was BB gun but they look so real nowadays.

They had BB guns and were throwing eggs at cars,as usual they disappeared by the time the guards arrived. Back in the day you could give them a clatter and their parents probably would too but these days you'd end up with the guards and a solicitor's letter arriving at your door.

Some flesh on the bones of the BB guns and window breaking stories. Apparently these lads are part of the traveller family living down Brownswood area. A crowd of them 'invaded' and robbed a load of stock from the shop on Esmonde Rd.
    Didn't CAB confiscate a load of vehicles from them a while back? They have done nothing but cause havoc and hassle around the locality and further afield. One stunt before Xmas was trying to bring a horse into Treacys Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Edermine Bridge is closed due to flooding.
    Could be another watery scene in town by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tide looked very high in Wexford town earlier & strong southerly winds driving the river upstream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Standing Bear

High in Enniscorthy a few minutes ago. Water already up to basement level at Farrell's old chemist shop at the bridge.

• Advertisement

Sandbags and flood defences in place. 2 council workers sitting in a van opposite Burger Mac's,cones at the ready.

At least the snow is covering up all the crap left by kids and young teens around the town yesterday. Shaving foam and silly string everywhere. I thought after last year the shops were told not to sell it to kids.
    The town centre looked like a bomb site yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

At least the snow is covering up all the crap left by kids and young teens around the town yesterday. Shaving foam and silly string everywhere. I thought after last year the shops were told not to sell it to kids.
    The town centre looked like a bomb site yesterday.

In fairness, shops are private, commercial enterprises, local government authorities or the gardai, can tell them not to sell anything they want (as long as it is legal, obvs) to anyone. They can ask, but something like that is unenforceable.

In fairness, shops are private, commercial enterprises, local government authorities or the gardai, can tell them not to sell anything they want (as long as it is legal, obvs) to anyone. They can ask, but something like that is unenforceable.

Used to tell some of the chippers to close before a certain time. Dunno if any of them paid a blind bit of notice or not,but taking a liberty though.

kneemos wrote: »
    Used to tell some of the chippers to close before a certain time. Dunno if any of them paid a blind bit of notice or not,but taking a liberty though.

Last year,the Chinese discount shop was told to cease selling the stuff on Patrick's Day. It's not legally enforceable but kids charging around causing havoc spraying people with stuff was an issue.
    Speaking of causing havoc, teenage travellers were at it yesterday.The guards had to run them from the square and then they proceeded to throw cans and stuff at council workers trying to clean up after the parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I believe the recent assault incident has drawn to a conclusion. The alleged victim, apparently in a fragile state, does not wish to endure the emotional turmoil of a court case and therefore will not be pressing charges.

That's all I know and all I'll say on the matter.

I've been told that the new filling station being built in the Milehouse will have a cafe and Burger King as part of the development and it will be an Apple green branded station.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I've been told that the new filling station being built in the Milehouse will have a cafe and Burger King as part of the development and it will be an Apple green branded station.

i was told that there will also be a Chinese takeaway going there. Its great to such a big development going on in the milehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Not good for the waistline... I'd be very partial to a Double Whopper, Triple when they have them on the menu :o

On a slightly unrelated matter, but to do with developments also, anyone notice anything strange about the houses being built near Gort na Greine / Rugby club area??

Navarre wrote: »
    i was told that there will also be a Chinese takeaway going there. Its great to such a big development going on in the milehouse

I didn't hear about a Chinese but I do know that once the town's main drainage is upgraded there's gonna be a lot of houses built out that way. There's a new road to run between there and The Moyne and 100 council houses along said road.
    New council houses already being built out the Ross Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Maybe then they'll put a surface on the potholed maggot track that's called Greenville Lane.

I see some wannabe artist has defaced the 1916 flagpole in Abbey Square.

I see some wannabe artist has defaced the 1916 flagpole in Abbey Square.

Looks like the same bit of imaginative drawing also available to see in larger scale on the old solicitors office on Castle Street

Robbie's ( the pub) has gotten it's name change to T Doyle's. Looks better too.

• Advertisement

Robbie's ( the pub) has gotten it's name change to T Doyle's. Looks better too.

Wasn't it called that years ago too? Can't be sure though. But agree, looks very well now, good clean paint job.

Wasn't it called that years ago too? Can't be sure though. But agree, looks very well now, good clean paint job.

I think so, I'm sure I saw an old photo of the square and that was the name over the door of the pub.

I think so, I'm sure I saw an old photo of the square and that was the name over the door of the pub.

He (Hugh Martin) let go the lads that worked for Robbie, not sure what crowd he is looking for there

He (Hugh Martin) let go the lads that worked for Robbie, not sure what crowd he is looking for there

I spoke to a mate who was in there over the weekend,the pool room is to be closed to stop any antisocial behaviour. The new staff didn't impress anyone on At. Patrick's Day. They were a bit overwhelmed.

I spoke to a mate who was in there over the weekend,the pool room is to be closed to stop any antisocial behaviour. The new staff didn't impress anyone on At. Patrick's Day. They were a bit overwhelmed.

Was never in it before, no plans to go now again! Stamps is the only place I'd be bothered it, when I do venture out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

If you like Stamp's you will be happy with some very good news planned for Good Friday. ;)

Del.Monte wrote: »
    If you like Stamp's you will be happy with some very good news planned for Good Friday. ;)

Wouldn't drink on Good Friday! Karl is also taking over the Antique!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Wouldn't drink on Good Friday! Karl is also taking over the Antique!

Has he still got Boggans? He got burnt with that one. I can't take to him at all I think he's a grumpy aul ****er, his staff a decent enough, Jimmy is a sound bloke.

jca wrote: »
    Has he still got Boggans? He got burnt with that one. I can't take to him at all I think he's a grumpy aul ****er, his staff a decent enough, Jimmy is a sound bloke.[/QU]

He has Boggans still, closes for the winter, think it is open again now.

• Advertisement

Some steaking out of the Island along the riverbank,must be nearing excavation.

Advertisement