Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A Chinese Restaurant going into Vinnie's apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Maybe it's just me, but driving around the town it seems like it's almost becoming the norm now for people (of all ages) to simply walk out in front of you when crossing the road. There's definitely an imaginary zebra crossing right outside Dunnes.

Back in the day, you'd give your kids a verbal if they did that.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but driving around the town it seems like it's almost becoming the norm now for people (of all ages) to simply walk out in front of you when crossing the road. There's definitely an imaginary zebra crossing right outside Dunnes.

Back in the day, you'd give your kids a verbal if they did that.

Should be a zebra crossing outside Dunnes.

The yield sign should be on Irish St,not have people stopping on the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I decided to walk down along the prom the other evening when the weather was good-what a mistake!! Firstly, people clearly using the bins along there as their own bins. Bags of rubbish over flowing and surrounding the bins. Secondly, walking by all the 'boy racers'. Tearing up and down the roads beeping and not giving two sh1ts about anyone else along there. Lastly, crowds of youths down further, blocking the entire footpath and refusing to move even an inch, forcing people onto the grass and thinking they were hilarious! Making a mess of the playground and making people hesitant to enter it with their kids.
    This is an area most likely to be used by tourists staying in the hotel and yet this is the advertisement that they get when they step outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

At least the Celtic Tiger is in evidence at Smyth's Arro store. Work ongoing on the redevelopment this morning.

FADE.jpg

• Advertisement

Three years to complete the floor defence scheme.
    http://enniscorthyfds.ie/index.php/programme-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Bells21 wrote: »
    Secondly, walking by all the 'boy racers'. Tearing up and down the roads beeping and not giving two sh1ts about anyone else along there.

In fairness to the "boy racers", most of them are there not to cause trouble. I've been down the prom in a car myself a few weekends and lads go there because there's little else to do at the weekends other than drink. The proms a nice place to park up and have a chat with others. Lads might rev up there cars but haven't seen anyone "tearing up and down" the prom.

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Lads might rev up there cars but haven't seen anyone "tearing up and down" the prom.

I have.. too many times to count. I was even taken over there a few weeks ago fair aggressively by a fella who must have been in a rush. "How do you know he was a boy racer?" - I saw him parked with the gang earlier when walking the dogs.

God forbid the day when something happens and they have to make an emergency stop.

Then there's an unreal amount of fast food cartons, boxes and bags dumped on the road there across from Dessie Sheen's place. Obviously can't blame the boy racers for that as I've no proof, but its the same spots they occupy there most evenings so.. make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Having no proof is usually not an issue on these here pages. Rumour, inuuendo and fiction are the norm.

Having no proof is usually not an issue on these here pages. Rumour, inuuendo and fiction are the norm.

That's life boss... let common sense guide you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

EIREDriver wrote:
    In fairness to the "boy racers", most of them are there not to cause trouble. I've been down the prom in a car myself a few weekends and lads go there because there's little else to do at the weekends other than drink. The proms a nice place to park up and have a chat with others. Lads might rev up there cars but haven't seen anyone "tearing up and down" the prom.

Well I beg to differ, on that evening alone I was crossing the road, nothing coming. A split second later a loud car tore right up alongside me as I was middle of the road, revving the car impatiently. I'd have no problem with anyone pulled up having a chat but behaviour like I just mentioned isn't fair on others who also want to use this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I see both of your points of view and agree that the actions mentioned are wrong and shouldn't happen. I just wish we weren't all painted with the one brush due to the actions of a few. A lot of the lads that meet up at petrol stations and the prom etc have respect for others and are there as it's one of the only alternatives to pubs and Benedicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

EIREDriver wrote: »
    I see both of your points of view and agree that the actions mentioned are wrong and shouldn't happen. I just wish we weren't all painted with the one brush due to the actions of a few. A lot of the lads that meet up at petrol stations and the prom etc have respect for others and are there as it's one of the only alternatives to pubs and Benedicts.

The lads with decent cars tend not to act the bollix around town in them. Too much time and money invested in them to go messing around. It's the lads driving sh1tboxes that tend to cause hassle and 99.9% of them aren't even from town.

Contractors for Virgin Media back in town, extending the network further out the Milehouse.
    SIRO lads also around mapping out the town for rollout.

Also tenders are being invited for the creation of a "detailed plan on the development of Enniscorthy".

Contractors for Virgin Media back in town, extending the network further out the Milehouse.
    SIRO lads also around mapping out the town for rollout.

Also tenders are being invited for the creation of a "detailed plan on the development of Enniscorthy".

Lol - it will be left to the councillors and their cronies as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Lol - it will be left to the councillors and their cronies as usual.

Can't visualise any councillors pulling cable..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

jca wrote: »
    Can't visualise any councillors pulling cable..

Oh God!

That's an awful image in my head...

I don't think the Templeshannon regeneration plan was posted.
    https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/business/economic-development-projects/templeshannon-regeneration

There's a pdf included. In it there's a list of protected buildings which equates to half of the street.

I was sure that I posted this here previously but perhaps not. Anyway here it is again. I first noticed it back in February and finally got around to contacting Paul Kehoe and James Browne about it two weeks ago. Despite promises of action it's still there tonight - a real tourist attraction.

Brits%2BOut%2521.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I was sure that I posted this here previously but perhaps not. Anyway here it is again. I first noticed it back in February and finally got around to contacting Paul Kehoe and James Browne about it two weeks ago. Despite promises of action it's still there tonight - a real tourist attraction.

Brits%2BOut%2521.png

It’s not even decent, modern, “artistic” graffiti. Certainly no Banksy. It makes Enniscorthy look like it’s in a 35 year time warp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Elected representatives and county councils in do-nothing shocker

It's private property. Presumably they can't go painting it at will?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

kneemos wrote: »
    It's private property. Presumably they can't go painting it at will?

Now listen here, you can’t be bringing facts into the discussion when there’s Corpo-bashing to be doing.

davef1000 wrote: »
    Now listen here, you can’t be bringing facts into the discussion when there’s Corpo-bashing to be doing.

They can serve notice under the litter pollution act apparently,if they have a mind to.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/council-not-responsible-for-graffiti-on-private-property-27795289.html

Not the property owners fault either though to be fair.

kneemos wrote: »
    They can serve notice under the litter pollution act apparently,if they have a mind to.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/council-not-responsible-for-graffiti-on-private-property-27795289.html

Not the property owners fault either though to be fair.

Why don't they? Zero tolerance of this sort of carry-on is the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I see some muppet stuck a Palestinian flag on Vinegar Hill too.

I see some muppet stuck a Palestinian flag on Vinegar Hill too.

Can you prove it was a muppet that did this? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Can you prove it was a muppet that did this? :p

Animal strikes again...

jca wrote: »
    Animal strikes again...

I heard it was Kermit. Will have to wait to see what the local newspapers have to say about it tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I heard it was Kermit. Will have to wait to see what the local newspapers have to say about it tomorrow.

Well it made the paper. No mention of which Jim Henson creation put it there.

Advertisement