Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

go further up and around the bend past the derelict house and the footpath has collapsed. signs have been up for nearly a year now telling people not to walk on the foothpath

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    There was a time the footpaths got maintained.
    Another couple of years the path out the New Ross road will have been completely reclaimed by nature. It looks bad on an approach road if nothing else.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCml4vtIwwIW77OK6BTz5nb5njQNzehv/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's a tale to annoy people. I was told this by someone who used to be on a CE scheme a couple of years ago. They were cleaning that stretch of road with a few others and they started to dig back the weeds and clear the path when a certain employee of the council drove past and came back to berate them and telling them to stop as that was his job and they'd ruin his overtime. The path was never maintained or kept clear since.

Planning permission notice on the hoarding at the old Murphy Floods site,I was in the car so didn't get a good look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Planning permission notice on the hoarding at the old Murphy Floods site,I was in the car so didn't get a good look at it.

Think that's a derelict notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Saw some posters advertising the Rockin Food Festival on that horrible plastic sheeting where Murphy Floods used to be. I hope somebody does something soon to improve that area, the wasteland/old car park behind it is shocking, full of rubbish and graffiti!

Who owns it anyway? And why was the car park closed up? Ridiculous, in the middle of the town where people might actually use it!

The umbrellas on Slaney Street are still looking good, the nice weather helps. Will they be left to rot like the last time? Hopefully not.

Smyths extension in the old Dunnes Stores car park is a very slow build, no hurrying there.

Nearly got mown down by a low flying car on Weafer St this evening.

Anyone got any good news in Enniscorthy? I need some positive vibes lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Saw some posters advertising the Rockin Food Festival on that horrible plastic sheeting where Murphy Floods used to be. I hope somebody does something soon to improve that area, the wasteland/old car park behind it is shocking, full of rubbish and graffiti!

Who owns it anyway? And why was the car park closed up? Ridiculous, in the middle of the town where people might actually use it!

The umbrellas on Slaney Street are still looking good, the nice weather helps. Will they be left to rot like the last time? Hopefully not.

Smyths extension in the old Dunnes Stores car park is a very slow build, no hurrying there.

Nearly got mown down by a low flying car on Weafer St this evening.

Anyone got any good news in Enniscorthy? I need some positive vibes lads :(

"The Antique Tavern" started doing food again last Monday and it's yummy, just as in the past. Everything freshly made while you wait - Breakfast menu below.

If you're a peasant like me and hanker after a simple ham and cheese toastie with zero adornments such as crisps, rabbit food and other decoration that too can be ordered. Sadly toasties with burnt-on polythene bags from under the grill are NOT available - don't even ask as a slap in the teeth may offend.

Image%2B%25282%2529%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

As regards Murphy Floods I think you need to take up with Anton Treacy in Templeshannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Does anyone know own when we can wave goodbye to the 'funfair'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

May not be a large number, but 15 new jobs (presumably skilled/professional/whatever) for Enniscorthy over the next 2 years seems like good news: https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/75-jobs-announced-for-dublin-and-wexford-852420.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In other good news, the South East Animal Rescue shop on Slaney Street has been reprieved - for the time being - and will remain open for the rest of this year.

https://www.facebook.com/South-East-Animal-Rescue-338813226139254/

The Slaney is at the lowest level I've seen in years.
    Time to get digging and take out the gravel banks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Slaney is at the lowest level I've seen in years.
    Time to get digging and take out the gravel banks. :)

Was there last week and kids swimming and jumping around in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

cython wrote: »
    May not be a large number, but 15 new jobs (presumably skilled/professional/whatever) for Enniscorthy over the next 2 years seems like good news: https://www.breakingnews.ie/business/75-jobs-announced-for-dublin-and-wexford-852420.html

Great news, good, well paid jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Good old property tax,you can't beat it... 3 county council workers currently standing outside my house doing absolutely nothing other than standing around talking... been there since about 10 o'clock this morning.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Good old property tax,you can't beat it... 3 county council workers currently standing outside my house doing absolutely nothing other than standing around talking... been there since about 10 o'clock this morning.

They'll break for lunch surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

They'll break for lunch surely?

They've literally just left... off to the next rural hiding spot I'd imagine. Its laughable, I know... but the total and utter lack of productivity must cost a fortune over the course of a year.

They've literally just left... off to the next rural hiding spot I'd imagine. Its laughable, I know... but the total and utter lack of productivity must cost a fortune over the course of a year.

I hate getting caught behind 1 of the Councils " Laois Hire" vans/trucks driving along roads. I also hate getting caught behind the Vans that are driven by workers for St Johns and used to be St Senans hospitals. The vans have big ramps on the back doors. They bring food and other stuff from st johns to all the out houses around the county and they really take their time heading back to st jonhs.

Navarre wrote: »
    I hate getting caught behind 1 of the Councils " Laois Hire" vans/trucks driving along roads. I also hate getting caught behind the Vans that are driven by workers for St Johns and used to be St Senans hospitals. The vans have big ramps on the back doors. They bring food and other stuff from st johns to all the out houses around the county and they really take their time heading back to st jonhs.

Haven't seen them lately ,but there was nothing slower than a Letts lorry.

There is its called the street bin pushers. :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

jpb1974 wrote:

I passed three sat on a bench eating ice creams at 10:20 this morning, were still there when I was coming back from the vets 45 mins later! I don't know how many mornings I've been held up because one of the vans stops in the middle of the road to have a chat with another worker on the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Yes there was, Blondie "Connors" on the dumper!!! Clouds of black smoke from the Petter single cylinder complete with "reconditioned" injector supplied by Tony Pepper. Those were the days. We used to overtake him on the bikes for the crack.. he thought it was a right laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

God be with the days of Ba Wildes...

The new garage out the milehouse is opening on Thursday. Anyone hear of Drive fuel? It's the fuel they're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

jca wrote: »
    The new garage out the milehouse is opening on Thursday. Anyone hear of Drive fuel? It's the fuel they're selling.

I don't use facebook but this might be them -

https://www.facebook.com/pg/driveservicestations/about/

Locations include -
    Centra Ballinaboola, Co wexford
    Daybreak Courtown Co Wexford
    Centra Tubbercurry, Co Sligo
    centra leighlinbridge co carlow
    Centra Mountmellick rd portlaoise

I've been told that the new filling station being built in the Milehouse will have a cafe and Burger King as part of the development and it will be an Apple green branded station.

Any news about Burger King ?
    Is it coming or just wishful thinking ? ( please say it's coming :pac: )

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I don't use facebook but this might be them -

https://www.facebook.com/pg/driveservicestations/about/

Locations include -
    Centra Ballinaboola, Co wexford
    Daybreak Courtown Co Wexford
    Centra Tubbercurry, Co Sligo
    centra leighlinbridge co carlow
    Centra Mountmellick rd portlaoise

Any news about Burger King ?
    Is it coming or just wishful thinking ? ( please say it's coming :pac: )

That's the logo, you're spot on there. I don't know about burger king tbh, I don't eat in those type of places. Any idea what the quality of the fuel is like? Hopefully it isn't that applegreen muck.

I don't know about burger king tbh, I don't eat in those type of places.

Don't eat much of it myself , just occasionally .
    Be nice to have the option , although is it not a bit too far from the town centre to be viable ? (if it is going ahead there )

Any idea what the quality of the fuel is like? Hopefully it isn't that applegreen muck.

Haven't a clue , sorry .

Ordered a burger in Burger King a while ago,got a burger between two buns...nothing else.
    Meanest thing I ever seen in my life.

I think the Mace garage in Bellfield are demolishing that house next door and expanding onto that site,maybe there's a "restaurant" going there.

Ordered a burger in Burger King a while ago,got a burger between two buns...nothing else.
    Meanest thing I ever seen in my life.

I think the Mace garage in Bellfield are demolishing that house next door and expanding onto that site,maybe there's a "restaurant" going there.

If you think that's bad , I ordered a "Bic Mac with just tomato ketchup" ( I don't like cheese ,lettuce gherkins etc.) and got just a bun with ketchup .

No burger , nothing , just a bun with ketchup :confused:

Happened to me twice .

No Burger King at the Milehouse. Centra and Coffee shop alright.

The word is that there's gonna be a huge amount of houses built out that way soon.

No Burger King at the Milehouse.
    :(

Ah well , at least my waistline will be happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Why would you eat in BK when you've got the likes of Malocca's in the town!

Advertisement