Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why would you eat in BK when you've got the likes of Malocca's in the town!

Maloccas isn't even that nice anymore. Chipmonger up Greenville Lane is the nicest chipper in Enniscorthy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Maloccas isn't even that nice anymore. Chipmonger up Greenville Lane is the nicest chipper in Enniscorthy now.

Must try it. I've now got Molly Malone stuck in my head, "she was a chipmonger......" :)

Must try it. I've now got Molly Malone stuck in my head, "she was a chipmonger......" :)

The chicken is really good up there, chips as well.

The chicken is really good up there, chips as well.

Is there seating in there?

Is there seating in there?

Nope. Just a small counter to order.

• Advertisement

Nope. Just a small counter to order.

There's my problem unfortunately, I don't live close enough so would have to eat in the car.
    Prima-donna, I know.....

There's my problem unfortunately, I don't live close enough so would have to eat in the car.
    Prima-donna, I know.....

Could you not drive home and eat at home :confused: that's what I always do with chipper food

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Malocca's has gone down a lot in my opinion, Sandro's on the Market Square is the only place for decent chips these days.

https://slaneyview.wordpress.com/eating-out/

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Malocca's has gone down a lot in my opinion, Sandro's on the Market Square is the only place for decent chips these days.

Have you tried Chipmongers? Chips are far nicer than Sandro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Why would you eat in BK when you've got the likes of Malocca's in the town!

I do prefer proper chipper food than BK (or McD ) , but sometimes fancy it for a change :)

Tried Malocca's a while back , wasn't overly impressed .

My wife really likes their Pizzas , the rest of their food looks nice .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

kneemos wrote: »
    Ordered a burger in Burger King a while ago,got a burger between two buns...nothing else.
    Meanest thing I ever seen in my life.

I think the Mace garage in Bellfield are demolishing that house next door and expanding onto that site,maybe there's a "restaurant" going there.

Maxol are going to extend the forecourt and the shop. I think there will be a seated area in the shop but I'm not sure of that. There will be several charging points in the new forecourt.
    Even though it was my homeplace I wish they would knock down the house. I hate seeing it derelict.

Have you tried Chipmongers? Chips are far nicer than Sandro's.

I was talking of chippers in town not out in the country! :D

I was talking of chippers in town not out in the country! :D

Ah here...:pac:

There's a JCB in the river across from the bus stop shop at the minute.

Wonder are they going to dig out a bit of the gravel?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's a JCB in the river across from the bus stop shop at the minute.

Wonder are they going to dig out a bit of the gravel?

I was about to post that, spotted the track machine there and there's lads taking levels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Archeological dig apparently.

Something on Facebook about some rare weed that will prevent dredging of the river?

kneemos wrote: »
    Archeological dig apparently.

Something on Facebook about some rare weed that will prevent dredging of the river?

A load of bollix,the weed survived hundreds of years of dredging and digging in the river. As usual some tree hugger decided to jump on a bandwagon about saving a weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The River is protected by the European Natura 2000 Act. Its called as a SAC a Special Area of Conservation so what they can do is limited due do the protection rights that certain plant life and wildlife now have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Must try it. I've now got Molly Malone stuck in my head, "she was a chipmonger......"

Molly must've changed jobs since I learned the song, I thought it was fishmonger lol! But either way chipmongers is definitely very tasty!

Anybody notice anything about these photographs from Flood Defence Scheme leaflet?

Image%2B%25284%2529.jpg

• Advertisement

Anybody notice anything about these photographs from Flood Defence Scheme leaflet?

Image%2B%25284%2529.jpg

The shirt on the man in the photo in the right is from the early 90s?

The Quay is completely empty, unusually.

Bells21 wrote: »
    Molly must've changed jobs since I learned the song, I thought it was fishmonger lol! But either way chipmongers is definitely very tasty!

I know what she worked as!!! :)

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The River is protected by the European Natura 2000 Act. Its called as a SAC a Special Area of Conservation so what they can do is limited due do the protection rights that certain plant life and wildlife now have.

Must be some level of priority if public welfare or property is at risk?

Speaking of chippers in town,I was away for the day so we popped into Tony's on Rafter Street. They have a half price special on pizza on Tuesdays and they are yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Speaking of chippers in town,I was away for the day so we popped into Tony's on Rafter Street. They have a half price special on pizza on Tuesdays and they are yummy.

Tony's chips are also great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Tony's chips are also great.

Never been in it. Haven't used any chipper in the town for at least 10 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Never been in it. Haven't used any chipper in the town for at least 10 years....

Nice contribution to the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

paulaa wrote: »
    Maxol are going to extend the forecourt and the shop. I think there will be a seated area in the shop but I'm not sure of that. There will be several charging points in the new forecourt.
    Even though it was my homeplace I wish they would knock down the house. I hate seeing it derelict.

Sorry for quoting myself but I found the planning application for Maxol Mace Bellefield
    Development Description: Permission for (a) demolition of the existing bungalow (125 sq.m.) and outhouses (65 sq. m.), (b) extension of filling station forecourt including revision to site boundaries to include new customer parking and 4 no. electrical car charging points (c) extension of (100 sq. m.) to the existing building (236 sq. m.) to include new deli and food counters, customer rest and seating area, new customer toilets (d) relocation of the existing company sign and any ancillary and contingent works.

Advertisement