Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Getting tedious now.

It's okay - out already as there's not much left to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Heard Grants pharmacy are one of the potential stores for the old Dunnes.... pointless really if it isn't somehting new and exciting to attract footfall.

The three different levels and all the nooks and crannies are probably difficult for a single store.

It was the only place of a decent size though and given nobody can build anything more than ten feet outside the town centre it doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eurospar also rumoured to be moving in to the old Dunnes.

Eurospar also rumoured to be moving in to the old Dunnes.

Unlikely surely as they would be in direct competition with Dunnes?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Unlikely surely as they would be in direct competition with Dunnes?

Dunnes don't own the building anymore. Their veto on anything perceived as competition there is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Dunnes don't own the building anymore. Their veto on anything perceived as competition there is gone.

Do you know who owns it Cantona's Collars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Do you know who owns it Cantona's Collars?

Have it on a good word that it was Grants chemist themselves that have bought it and that they intend to keep their existing store at the Duffry and put a 2nd one into Dunes

Grants, Kavanaghs (no contraceptives lol :D), Mc Cauleys, Kelly's, Coppens, Garahys, am I missing any?

There's no shortage of chemists in Enniscorthy, unless you need one on a Sunday - a trip to Wexford is necessary then, or Bunclody.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Grants, Kavanaghs (no contraceptives lol :D), Mc Cauleys, Kelly's, Coppens, Garahys, am I missing any?

There's no shortage of chemists in Enniscorthy, unless you need one on a Sunday - a trip to Wexford is necessary then, or Bunclody.

Is there not a chemist beside the doctors surgery behind the wilds?

Do they do a rotation on Sunday,in the mornings anyway.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »

They do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Farrells over in Templeshannon.

Thats a very small window, if you're in the Caredoc any time in the afternoon on Sunday no chance of getting your antibiotics etc, yes - I know the caredoc will give you the first few tablets to tide you over, had this discussion with the doctor myself last week - she agreed it's ridiculous.

Kavanaghs isn't much use to a woman in need of the morning after pill. All those chemists - and none open for more than 2 hours on Sunday. No wonder so many just hop in the car and go to Wexford.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there not a chemist beside the doctors surgery behind the wilds?

That chemist closed a few months back. Pity as they were lovely in there but I guess they didn't have the footfall to keep operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So Sunday evening in Enniscorthy.
    Feeling a little worse for wear from Saturday night I decide to head into town for a Chinese, wife says we need a loaf of bread as well, I need diesel and 5 yr old daughter says she’ll come in with me for the spin.

Pull up outside Kehoes (yeah Kehoes, I know!)to go into the Shang Hai whilst taking my daughter from the car 3 young fellas come flying out of the pub bumping into me as I take my daughter from the car, no such thing as an apology whilst my stare at them results in a “what are ye going to do about it” stare in return.

Into the Chinese give in my order and say ill be back in 10 mins decide needing diesel and a loaf ill head up to the Applegreen in Druimgoold, kill 2 birds with one stone and as I turn to go up Spring Valley said young fellas of our ethnic minority has grown to 4 with 1 literally standing with his hand down his trousers literally scratching his balls whilst another proceeds to pee up against the wall in that little green patch beside the motor factors, “whats that man doing Daddy?”, oh nothing pet, don’t be looking out the window.

Up to Applegreen (no loaf lefts which is another story) and because my route back down Drumgoold and Esmonde Rd is now blocked by a transit van in full conversation with a bunch of lads and lassies across the road I decide to take a left out of the applegreen, up to the cross back down Drumgoold villas taking the left to go back down Spring Valley.

Im then greeted on the sharp bend to the right with an Astra car at full speed literally coming around the corner on 2 wheels which at the last second swerves back to avoid hitting me with another Van in hot pursuits something akin to the “dukes of Hazard” in full flow.
    Back down Springvalley only for my friends from Kehoes now having grown to 5 or 6 at this stage with 2 on the middle of the road and the others up Esmonde road having loud jovial conversations and gestures amongst themselves whilst proceeding to pelt each other with stones back and forth one of which proceeds to hit the very window my 5 yr old is looking out, I stop only to be quickly stared at by at least 5 of them and im faced with the prospect of what can I really do, “ daddy whats happening Daddy, whats happening?”, nothing pet we’re going now!

Eventually got a loaf of bread in the bus stop shop, Chinese was nice!
    As for everything else I keep saying why would I bother with enniscorthy when another 5 mins on the road has me in another town as much as I want to see the town do well!

Kehoes got a good review by the pub spy last week. Imagine them going in if there was an ethnic gathering.

Mary%2BElizabeth.jpg

Mary-Elizabeth's moving out from Castle Street today.

Another one bites the dust - congratulations to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for lunchtime on a Saturday in Enniscorthy? I see that there are one or two nice Italian restaurants which look good and I would appreciate it if someone could let me know which is the best of them or recommend any other good restaurants.

Hopefully, Saturday lunchtime in Enniscorthy will be a bit more sedate than Sunday evening 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Unfortunatley, the Italian restaurant don't open during the day for lunch.

Via Veneto
    Monday Closed
    Tuesday Closed
    Wednesday 5:30–9:30PM
    Thursday 5:30–9:30PM
    Friday 5:30–10PM
    Saturday 5:30–10PM
    Sunday 5–9PM

Alba
    Monday Closed (open only August)
    Tuesday 05:00 – Late
    Wednesday 05:00 – Late
    Thursday 05:00 – Late
    Friday 05:00 – Late
    Saturday 5:00 – Late
    Sunday 5:00 – Late

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Unfortunatley, the Italian restaurant don't open during the day for lunch.

Via Veneto
    Monday Closed
    Tuesday Closed
    Wednesday 5:30–9:30PM
    Thursday 5:30–9:30PM
    Friday 5:30–10PM
    Saturday 5:30–10PM
    Sunday 5–9PM

Alba
    Monday Closed (open only August)
    Tuesday 05:00 – Late
    Wednesday 05:00 – Late
    Thursday 05:00 – Late
    Friday 05:00 – Late
    Saturday 5:00 – Late
    Sunday 5:00 – Late

That's a pity but thanks for letting me know. Anywhere else nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a pity but thanks for letting me know. Anywhere else nice?

Galo Chargrill should be open for lunch.

Well the sale of the Old Dunnes made the front page of The Guardian.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Mary%2BElizabeth.jpg

Mary-Elizabeth's moving out from Castle Street today.

Another one bites the dust - congratulations to all involved!

She's moved to Bunclody,the sky high rates and rent in Enniscorthy claiming another victim.

Well the sale of the Old Dunnes made the front page of The Guardian.

And there was actual work going on at the premises on Wednesday with materials being unloaded off a lorry!

The site beside Donohoes Garage has started to be cleared. Remember when there was grand plans for Tesco etc. out there?

The site beside Donohoes Garage has started to be cleared. Remember when there was grand plans for Tesco etc. out there?

Bolands have bought Donohoes apparently. Think they we're looking for planning at the roundabout years ago but got refused.

Bolands have bought Donohoes apparently. Think they we're looking for planning at the roundabout years ago but got refused.

I remember one former shop owner objected to the filling station because "it would lead to an increase in traffic".
    A new filling station open in the Milehouse and there's no reports of gridlock due to it.
    Too many nimbys in the town.

• Advertisement

Great to see Enniscorthy making the news! :rolleyes:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardai-arrest-operation-thor-wexford-13237876

Hardly surprising given the non-existent border controls between Ireland and other EU states.

Advertisement