Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

More consultants for the Templeshannon regeneration? I thought they were already on the case but according to the Guardian, there's one still to be appointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

P.Smiths on Raffter street must be one of the best shops in the county if not the country. What a range of products. Some amount of work but it seems to have happened so quickly. Good luck to the owners.

Not quite Enniscorthy but some absolute scum wrecked the playground,nature area in Monageer. Smashed the place up and broke up the equipment etc. Some cnut even took a sh1t in the park library on the remaining books that weren't scattered around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

roroliam wrote: »
    P.Smiths on Raffter street must be one of the best shops in the county if not the country. What a range of products. Some amount of work but it seems to have happened so quickly. Good luck to the owners.

Absolutely. Popped in for paint one evening this week. Huge transformation. It really is great to see someone with faith in the future of the town. I too wish them luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not quite Enniscorthy but some absolute scum wrecked the playground,nature area in Monageer. Smashed the place up and broke up the equipment etc. Some cnut even took a sh1t in the park library on the remaining books that weren't scattered around the place.

The kids responsible have been given a good clout by the looks of it

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/09/22/monageer-grotto-restored-followed-vandalism/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

kneemos wrote: »
    The kids responsible have been given a good clout by the looks of it

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/09/22/monageer-grotto-restored-followed-vandalism/

Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What's happened to Joe Keane & Associates - their Slaney Place offices appear abandoned?

Joe%2BKeane.jpg

Something stirring at the former Chernobyl shop on Wafer Street.

New%2BShop.jpg

Del.Monte wrote: »

New%2BShop.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6xdZfXgzRBFrnc7RA

Dereliction notice posted on the door of The Old House.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Dereliction notice posted on the door of The Old House.

End of a era

And another one bites the dust - closing down sale underway on Rafter Street.

Window%2BDressing.jpg

Typical waste of money from HSE. St Johns old hospital and all its land is left to crumble and they are now looking at land elsewhere to build on.

Navarre wrote: »
    Typical waste of money from HSE. St Johns old hospital and all its land is left to crumble and they are now looking at land elsewhere to build on.

They sold off most of their land in recent years, surprised they never sold St John's. Though parts of it are still in use for physio and stuff.

Lidl have planning notice back up for redevelopment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Navarre wrote: »

This is gov departments and county councils all over the country, easy to spend other peoples money so they do, in style.

The size of property and all the land that's with St Johns hospital and HSE are renting the prefabs of the old Irish school down ross rd and using them as staff offices. They are also renting Arnold house which is only around the corner from St Johns hospital and are using it as a unit for CAMHS they are renting an industrial unit out the old Dublin rd and using that as an Ambulance depot.

• Advertisement

Workers in the old Xtravision premises.
    Building also flying along at Mace,Bellfield. I heard that Abrekebabra are rumoured to be opening an outlet there.

• Does anyone know what’s going on with the old dunnes premises? I see lads in there the past few weeks gutting it

• Del.Monte wrote: »

New%2BShop.jpg

Yeah it’s a sewing shop now

Does anyone know what’s going on with the old dunnes premises? I see lads in there the past few weeks gutting it

New shops opening in it. AFAIK Grants Pharmacy is one of them.
    I was told that another pharmacy is opening right across the road.

• New shops opening in it. AFAIK Grants Pharmacy is one of them.
    I was told that another pharmacy is opening right across the road.

Oh cool, a wee shopping centre. Any news on what other stores?

Yeah the town hasn’t enough pharmacies, maybe this one will open of a Sunday for more than 2 hours. :rolleyes:

According to the Guardian,the sale of the 1798 centre has fallen through.

Workers in the old Xtravision premises.
    Building also flying along at Mace,Bellfield. I heard that Abrekebabra are rumoured to be opening an outlet there.

Xtravision was just being tidied up and there's a "For Sale" sign on it now.

According to the Guardian,the sale of the 1798 centre has fallen through.

Is that the second time they've changed their minds?

Is that the second time they've changed their minds?

I heard it was the potential buyer pulled the plug and the Centre is to stagger on for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement

• Seriously had enough of Homestore+ the owners/managers whatever they are have to be some of the most ignorant people I’ve ever dealt with. While browsing the eliquids a while back I was on two occasions by both the male and female owner/manager accused of opening bottles & when I protested that I had not they threatened to check the cameras??? Like okay go ahead prove yourself wrong and mortify yourself :confused:

Shortly after that while still browsing a minor argument erupted with the woman and another customer about how she bought a phone case worth €10 for €8 (undercharged by staff!!) and she has to make up the difference then and there. Eh sorry love but that’s not how it works! You screwed up that’s on you not the customer.

I think my biggest gripe was going to buy myself and my girlfriend a bottle of BPM, told that it’s €1.50, when I pointed out that the label on the fridge said €1, the romainion staffer ran to the fridge and ripped the label aggressively off & demanded it was €1.50. Like, 50 cent is 50c, it’s not a huge deal and if that sticker was there in error I can appreciate that, but to be so crass and rude about it. I just can’t understand them.

I don’t know why I even bother with them anymore. Honestly should’ve stopped visiting that store the day they changed my phone battery, didn’t bother to properly stick it down and then they refunded me by throwing money at me.

Am I the only one with bad experiences in that place? Do they just not like me or something? :pac:

Advertisement