Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Looks like the Wexford Town brigade want to challenge us for Dog Shít Capital of the South East... cheek.

Seriously had enough of Homestore+ the owners/managers whatever they are have to be some of the most ignorant people I’ve ever dealt with. While browsing the eliquids a while back I was on two occasions by both the male and female owner/manager accused of opening bottles & when I protested that I had not they threatened to check the cameras??? Like okay go ahead prove yourself wrong and mortify yourself :confused:

Shortly after that while still browsing a minor argument erupted with the woman and another customer about how she bought a phone case worth €10 for €8 (undercharged by staff!!) and she has to make up the difference then and there. Eh sorry love but that’s not how it works! You screwed up that’s on you not the customer.

I think my biggest gripe was going to buy myself and my girlfriend a bottle of BPM, told that it’s €1.50, when I pointed out that the label on the fridge said €1, the romainion staffer ran to the fridge and ripped the label aggressively off & demanded it was €1.50. Like, 50 cent is 50c, it’s not a huge deal and if that sticker was there in error I can appreciate that, but to be so crass and rude about it. I just can’t understand them.

I don’t know why I even bother with them anymore. Honestly should’ve stopped visiting that store the day they changed my phone battery, didn’t bother to properly stick it down and then they refunded me by throwing money at me.

Am I the only one with bad experiences in that place? Do they just not like me or something? :pac:

Cultural customer service differences?

• jpb1974 wrote: »
    Cultural customer service differences?

I don’t think so. Ignorance is universal.

Looks like the Wexford Town brigade want to challenge us for Dog Shít Capital of the South East... cheek.

maybe they’ll stop bringing their dogs down here to **** around the town as I suspect they are doing. There can’t be that many in enniscorthy to leave that much ****e behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not entirely sure what the Guild of Freemen of the City of London are,but they're getting wined and dined anyway.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/10/23/enniscorthy-strengthens-its-links-with-london/

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what the Guild of Freemen of the City of London are,but they're getting wined and dined anyway.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/10/23/enniscorthy-strengthens-its-links-with-london/

A quick Google suggests they eat a lot of dinners

https://www.guild-freemen-london.co.uk

jpb1974 wrote: »

Don't get out of bed for less than a good nosh up by the looks of it.

I do too, should I pop to Astor’s in the Mormont and look for my free meal?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

maybe they’ll stop bringing their dogs down here to **** around the town as I suspect they are doing. There can’t be that many in enniscorthy to leave that much ****e behind.

We are just sharing the love!:D We have enough of a problem here! Its such a sh*te state of affairs!

• Advertisement

• kneemos wrote: »

Probably building a storage room out the back. Glad to hear it’s not just a pharmacy in there. McCauley’s must be ****ting themselves. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »

Can't see any point relocating the recently refurbished library. The library seems considerably quieter than it was before the last makeover and what about the lack of outside play area for small kids if it moved to Rafter Street. Presumably, the council would use the old one for even more urgently needed office space. :rolleyes:

• Del.Monte wrote: »
    Can't see any point relocating the recently refurbished library. The library seems considerably quieter than it was before the last makeover and what about the lack of outside play area for small kids if it moved to Rafter Street. Presumably, the council would use the old one for even more urgently needed office space. :rolleyes:

With any luck the funding request gets denied. There’s no good reason to use up that space on the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I assume the taxpayer is funding this juncket? What a joke

Never knew we had a literary festival. Apparently the fifth one is this weekend.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/10/31/meet-the-faces-behind-the-ink-at-enniscorthy/

• The pharmacy is coming along nicely. They’ve taken down the window covers

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

The pharmacy is coming along nicely. They’ve taken down the window covers

Anything else going in there? Or is it just going to be a massive chemists? It's great to see that building finally being put to use!

• BuboBubo wrote: »
    Anything else going in there? Or is it just going to be a massive chemists? It's great to see that building finally being put to use!

Yeah phase one is the chemist but they’re looking for potential retailers to occupy the rest of the space. The pharmacy has only taken up id say 1/4 of the downstairs. The library has applied for funding to move upstairs, but I’d like to see that rejected. I think it’s a waste of prime retail space & the library’s location is fine as is imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Yeah phase one is the chemist but they’re looking for potential retailers to occupy the rest of the space. The pharmacy has only taken up id say 1/4 of the downstairs. The library has applied for funding to move upstairs, but I’d like to see that rejected. I think it’s a waste of prime retail space & the library’s location is fine as is imo.

Bang on and the library will not create any extra footfall into the town or get people spending money, or create jobs and will leave another empty building.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bang on and the library will not create any extra footfall into the town or get people spending money, or create jobs and will leave another empty building.

When the 'brains' in the Council get involved, common sense goes out the window.
    The library is perfect where it is. Anyhow I was told on good authority that it'll be all retail in the old Dunnes.

• Advertisement

When the 'brains' in the Council get involved, common sense goes out the window.
    The library is perfect where it is. Anyhow I was told on good authority that it'll be all retail in the old Dunnes.

Definitely going somewhere by the look if it.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/no-definite-decision-made-on-library-move-37279351.html

Definitely going somewhere by the look if it.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/no-definite-decision-made-on-library-move-37279351.html

McCauley's are opening a Pharmacy on Rafter St. apparently , according to Slaney News.

• kneemos wrote: »
    McCauley's are opening a Pharmacy on Rafter St. apparently , according to Slaney News.

:confused:

Why even bother? I’m gonna guess they’re moving into the old window dressing place. I can’t recall anywhere else on rafter street that’s unoccupied at the minute. Doesn’t really make sense for them to do this, unless they’re planning to move into the Dunnes premises? Hardly likely grants would allow that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

:confused:

Why even bother? I’m gonna guess they’re moving into the old window dressing place. I can’t recall anywhere else on rafter street that’s unoccupied at the minute. Doesn’t really make sense for them to do this, unless they’re planning to move into the Dunnes premises? Hardly likely grants would allow that though.

Do they own that building? Or Gary McCauley? He used to have a grocers there, and then the sports shop. The original McCauleys chemist was next door, if I remember correctly.

• Do they own that building? Or Gary McCauley? He used to have a grocers there, and then the sports shop. The original McCauleys chemist was next door, if I remember correctly.

I don’t know. But the very day Window Dressing shut the door a shop fitting contractor was in renovating. So that’s why I assumed that’s where they are moving. Or maybe they’re just opening a second branch there? My theory would be perhaps they’re going to move the pharmacy to the window dressing shop and use the other building for the rest of the stuff. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I don’t know. But the very day Window Dressing shut the door a shop fitting contractor was in renovating. So that’s why I assumed that’s where they are moving. Or maybe they’re just opening a second branch there? My theory would be perhaps they’re going to move the pharmacy to the window dressing shop and use the other building for the rest of the stuff. Maybe.

It's Gary that's opening the pharmacy there afaik. The other McCauleys is staying where it is.

• It's Gary that's opening the pharmacy there afaik. The other McCauleys is staying where it is.

A bit confused now, so Gary McCauley isn’t connected to Sam McCauley’s at all?

Jesus Christ 3 chemists within spitting distance of one another. Just what the town needed. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

https://countywexford.blogspot.com

Drug problem in Enniscorthy?

• Advertisement

• I’ve noticed an amusing trend in enniscorthy
    It seems impossible to not have an overinflated market in this town.

Off the top of my head

15 takeaways
    10 or so pubs
    8 chemists
    4 or 5 pound shops
    God knows how many hair salons or barbers
    At one time at least TWO SuperValus

Like no wonder there’s no one around shopping it’s all the same old shíte.

Advertisement