Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Del.Monte wrote: »
    https://countywexford.blogspot.com

Drug problem in Enniscorthy?

A better question to ask I think is why it’s called County Wexford blog when he/she only posts about enniscorthy. :pac:

• Took this picture Thursday evening (I think it was Thursday) for anyone who hasn’t seen the new pharmacy

i]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A better question to ask I think is why it’s called County Wexford blog when he/she only posts about enniscorthy. :pac:

I understand that the blogger rarely leaves "Stamps" for long enough to visit the rest of the county. :D

I understand that the blogger rarely leaves "Stamps" for long enough to visit the rest of the county. :D

That matches up with the fact the only remotely positive thing I saw was about stamps. :pac:

The blogger has a more positive/sanitised site here: https://slaneyview.wordpress.com and the "Antique Tavern" also gets a plug. Apparently, the blogger ventures that far on occasion. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The blogger has a more positive/sanitised site here: https://slaneyview.wordpress.com and the "Antique Tavern" also gets a plug. Apparently, the blogger ventures that far on occasion. :D

Same owner as Stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I’ve noticed an amusing trend in enniscorthy
    It seems impossible to not have an overinflated market in this town.

Off the top of my head

15 takeaways
    10 or so pubs
    8 chemists
    4 or 5 pound shops
    God knows how many hair salons or barbers
    At one time at least TWO SuperValus

Like no wonder there’s no one around shopping it’s all the same old shíte.

Don't forget the 37.5 charity shops and 19 boutiques for the over 70's :P

The day after the 'War to end all Wars' is commemorated the first shots of a new war are fired on Rafter Street. Grant's opened their doors today and across the street, work continues apace on Sam McCauley's new premises. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but at least the old Dunne's Stores outlet has been partially resurrected.

faded.jpg

The day after the 'War to end all Wars' is commemorated the first shots of a new war are fired on Rafter Street. Grant's opened their doors today and across the street, work continues apace on Sam McCauley's new premises. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but at least the old Dunne's Stores outlet has been partially resurrected.

faded.jpg

It’ll pan out about how you’d expect

Most will go to the bigger one

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

I heard it’s sam Macaulays son opening the chemist and he has nothing to do with his fathers business anymore. He is out on his own now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The council have put CPO on lands up the Shannon for social housing.

Went into the Garda station in Enniscorthy today to get a form signed. 3 people in front of me and after waiting 15 minuets not one guard came to the hatch.. absolute joke in there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mondo44 wrote: »
    Went into the Garda station in Enniscorthy today to get a form signed. 3 people in front of me and after waiting 15 minuets not one guard came to the hatch.. absolute joke in there

Hope you brought your own pen? They don't have pens in Garda Stations !

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hope you brought your own pen? They don't have pens in Garda Stations !

Didn’t hang around.. 10 minuets of ringing the bell and no answer was enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Didn’t hang around.. 10 minuets of ringing the bell and no answer was enough for me

You should have rang the station and asked if someone might attend the front desk. Pathetic that.

Out for the night enjoying - if that's the word for it - watching my favourite team (the All Blacks) losing to an incredible performance by Ireland but almost assaulted when leaving the pub by a baboon from the shallow end of the gene pool. Imagine the temerity of wearing a shirt for the team that I have supported for years! If I didn't have the responsibility of looking after my son, waiting at home for me, I would have gone back into the pub for him despite him being about twenty years younger than me....Grrr!!! A night out ruined but I never forget an ignorant beardy git!!!:mad:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Out for the night enjoying - if that's the word for it - watching my favourite team (the All Blacks) losing to an incredible performance by Ireland but almost assaulted when leaving the pub by a baboon from the shallow end of the gene pool. Imagine the temerity of wearing a shirt for the team that I have supported for years! If I didn't have the responsibility of looking after my son, waiting at home for me, I would have gone back into the pub for him despite him being about twenty years younger than me....Grrr!!! A night out ruined but I never forget an ignorant beardy git!!!:mad:

Name the pub and I could probably name the clown

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Name the pub and I could probably name the clown
    Shame they don't automatically Bar clowns, this is what damages a pubs reputation over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

I presume said baboon has never taken to a rugby pitch - easy to be brave in a pub - not quite the same when you receive that ball with a nice freshly painted red cross on it. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw 2 council trucks this morning full to the brim with illegally dumped rubbish that they picked up,this is an almost daily routine around the town and just seems to be getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Enniscorthy shop black "face" friday specials.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=wVo0Tencshg#menu

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

McLoughlin wrote: »

Disturbing in all kind of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

McLoughlin wrote: »

He did say he was cleaning out his fireplace just before add was made.

Nothing wrong with it. We are gone too soft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Bad judgement.

Bad judgement.

Only for snowflakes like yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Idiot. I'm no snowflake. I think he made a bad judgement call, that's it. I think the reaction to it is ridiculous. Seems nobody can do anything now without offending someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate, be respectful of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No it was terrible judgement.

How did he think it was going to be perceived in this PC world? When I saw the video my first reaction was that he hasn't thought this through and there's going to be a backlash.

That's exactly what's happened. It was picked up by national media yesterday and has gotten quite a bit of attention.

Advertisement