Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mondo44 wrote: »
    Only for snowflakes like yourself

No it was terrible judgement.

How did he think it was going to be perceived in this PC world? When I saw the video my first reaction was that he hasn't thought this through and there's going to be a backlash.

That's exactly what's happened. It was picked up by national media yesterday and has gotten quite a bit of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I'm surprised that he, and whoever made the video with him, didn't see the danger of offending people themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The majority, here and elsewhere online don't seem to get why black face is so offensive.

They're clearly okay with mocking people who're black.

Now imagine someone dressed up as, and this may be extreme but I'm making a point, T** H*******s?

Would they be ok with it?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The majority, here and elsewhere online don't seem to get why black face is so offensive.

They're clearly okay with mocking people who're black.

Now imagine someone dressed up as, and this may be extreme but I'm making a point, T** H*******s?

Would they be ok with it?

In this situation I don't think he was doing a black face but was actually dressed up as "Black Friday" but I can see why people thought otherwise.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note

Mondo44 you have received a warning as there was no need for a comment like that from you towards another poster here. please dont do it again.

Only for snowflakes like yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Some brilliant bargains to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Anyone know of a good driving instructor in Enniscorthy and what would lessons cost these days. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Navarre wrote: »
    Mod Note

Mondo44 you have received a warning as there was no need for a comment like that from you towards another poster here. please dont do it again.

Yet actual racist comments are allowed go on here....wow.

Where was the racist comments.?

Where was the racist comments.?

• Advertisement

I will make it a hat-trick! Where were the racist comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Their stoves seem very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

From Smyths -

We would like to sincerely apologize to anyone upset or offended by our recent video post. While naive on our part, we in no way intended to impersonate or insult anyone based on their race, however on reflection we can see how it would be perceived that way and for that we are very sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good driving instructor in Enniscorthy and what would lessons cost these days. thanks

St Aidan's driving school. I think lessons are between €40-€50 these days.
    http://www.driving-wexford.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Holy mother of god. I got a warning for calling someone a snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Holy mother of god. I got a warning for calling someone a snowflake

Agree, utterly ridiculous, yet I received racist comments via private messaging, and not a thing was done.

Mod Note

Mondo 44.. you received a warning for what you called another poster. The topic of conversation was about a FB video of a white man painted black waggling his tongue and saying the words big mother. Now i suggest you go google "calling someone a Snowflake" and you will see why i gave you the warning.

EverythingGood.. what your hitting at happened last feb/march between you and another poster and it was dealt with by Cmods and Admins back then and i am fairly sure yous were warned not to bring the subject back up again or yous will get a ban.

And please dont quote posts or mod notes from me or any of the other mods here in the future.

This is the end of this matter now so its time to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don’t care what anyone thinks but in my experience Navarre has been, and is, one of the best mods on boards. He rarely intervenes unless you act the dick, so for me it’s a thumbs up to Navarre.

One of our firemen had his van stolen from outside the doors of the fire station last night. A woman was seen on CCTV taking it and driving off in the direction of the 1798 centre.
    Literally metres away from the Garda Station too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

One of our firemen had his van stolen from outside the doors of the fire station last night. A woman was seen on CCTV taking it and driving off in the direction of the 1798 centre.
    Literally metres away from the Garda Station too.

Thought you needed a key for modern cars?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2163188187278626&id=100007623979457

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »

Probably on a call out and in the rush left the keys in it.
    Off helping someone in need and some scumbag steals his van.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

She don't look like your everyday car thief, seems odd.

vicwatson wrote: »
    I don’t care what anyone thinks but in my experience Navarre has been, and is, one of the best mods on boards. He rarely intervenes unless you act the dick, so for me it’s a thumbs up to Navarre.

Agree. Navarre does a great job.

I was at the turning on of the Christmas lights the other evening and people were urged to shop local. The only problem is the stuff I need isn't available in Enniscorthy. Once more I had to drive through the town and onto Wexford where I met other people who did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Cooney's for Christmas Pudding (already got) and mince pies - nearer the day; Wickham's (brandy butter) and the very occasional book purchase in Byrne's. A six pack of Guinness and a pack of smoked salmon from Dunnes and that's it. The other Christmas food - turkey etc. comes down to me from Dublin.

As the previous poster said it's not a matter of price but the stuff isn't available in town or in many cases Ireland. Every year my most expensive purchases are made online. Buy local is all very well - when you can.

Only 600 new jobs for the entire South East region in the last year.

https://m.independent.ie/business/jobs/dublin-swallows-up-majority-of-new-job-opportunities-37557650.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Cooney's for Christmas Pudding (already got) and mince pies - nearer the day; Wickham's (brandy butter) and the very occasional book purchase in Byrne's. A six pack of Guinness and a pack of smoked salmon from Dunnes and that's it. The other Christmas food - turkey etc. comes down to me from Dublin.

As the previous poster said it's not a matter of price but the stuff isn't available in town or in many cases Ireland. Every year my most expensive purchases are made online. Buy local is all very well - when you can.

How much for the pudding please?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Could you not buy a turkey in Enniscorthy?

Could you not buy a turkey in Enniscorthy?

I assume he has guests coming for Christmas dinner and they are being nice and bringing a few bits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

vicwatson wrote: »
    How much for the pudding please?

€19.95 for the large 3lb one - and I can recommend from previous experience.

Pudding.jpg

Advertisement