Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

One of our firemen had his van stolen from outside the doors of the fire station last night. A woman was seen on CCTV taking it and driving off in the direction of the 1798 centre.
    Literally metres away from the Garda Station too.

Did he get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Did he get it back?

Yes the van and tools were located. A person who saw the Facebook post gave information which lead to it being recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The village idiots were out again last night and smashed one of Wickham's windows - for the umpteenth time. :mad:

WICKHAMS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Some resistance building to the new traffic plans for Templeshannon.
    Can't say I blame them, it's a crazy idea.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213581302915497&id=1490596910

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

How is it crazy... it’s a mess the way it is.. one way system is the way to go. It’s absolute madness when two trucks meet just outside the cinema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

HGVs are killer down there in several spots - the cinema, Toss Kavanaghs and the bend by the graveyard - the road is just inadequately wide to cater for them without causing chaos. Coupled with traffic trying to get onto The Quay at peak hours and the place is a total and utter disaster.

I'd be curious to know what the counter-proposal looks like. Anyone have an info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Mondo44 wrote: »
    How is it crazy... it’s a mess the way it is.. one way system is the way to go. It’s absolute madness when two trucks meet just outside the cinema

Yes but to be fair will the proposed change just simply move the bottleneck up the shannon?

For example will it still be a 2 way street going up past senans church and the entrance to colaiste bride?

If so it will be a nightmare as it’s generally a bottleneck trying to get past that part of the street where the shop and the entrance to colasite bride is at the moment, significantly increasing the volume of traffic there will be a nightmare.

Mondo44 wrote: »

How does traffic get out the very busy Oulart Rd?

the kelt wrote: »
    If so it will be a nightmare as it’s generally a bottleneck trying to get past that part of the street where the shop and the entrance to colasite bride is at the moment, significantly increasing the volume of traffic there will be a nightmare.

Clamping down on the illegal parking would be a huge help up and around that area. Cars on the double yellow lines outside the school entrance makes it pretty damn awkward for even a single car to pass. Just like the road outside Dunnes Stores I might add.

Won't happen though... I think Enniscorthy welcomes ridiculous parking once it means punters don't have to walk an extra 100 yards to a shop.

kneemos wrote: »
    How does traffic get out the very busy Oulart Rd?

Probably going to have to go out to Scarawalsh, get onto the bypass and exit out around Finchogue.

Or God forbid... up the back way, onto the Shannon and out by the back of Vinegar Hill (awful road if you meet a car on it on some of the bends).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Clamping down on the illegal parking would be a huge help up and around that area. Cars on the double yellow lines outside the school entrance makes it pretty damn awkward for even a single car to pass. Just like the road outside Dunnes Stores I might add.

Won't happen though... I think Enniscorthy welcomes ridiculous parking once it means punters don't have to walk an extra 100 yards to a shop.

Enniscorthy is like a magnet to it, double parking and parking on double yellows.

Dunne’s stores double parking, ban of Ireland atm, credit union etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

the kelt wrote: »

Enniscorthy is like a magnet to it, double parking and parking on double yellows.

Dunne’s stores double parking, ban of Ireland atm, credit union etc etc

Sure if you are only going in for a minute....

Wickhams window smashed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Surely more than meets the eye on this? Is it the local glass supplier doing it?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Surely more than meets the eye on this? Is it the local glass supplier doing it?

Fair chunk of change anyway. Wouldn't want to be doing it twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Hope centre window smashed the other night and the charity shop on mill park road had a door smashed..

The boarded up building beside the bus stop shop was set on fire this morning about 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Was an incident in Wexford Town long time ago. One young lad smashed a few windows one weekend he was identified and turned out his father owned a window/glass business so long story short his dad ended up having to replace windows free of charge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I heard the windows and doors of Dealz were damaged too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I heard the windows and doors of Dealz were damaged too.

Definitely the door, saw it today. Not sure about windows, looked ok today.

Glass door done last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Glass door done last night.

There are some right arseholes living in the town. I thought there was CCTV in the square?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Talking of scumbags, great to see work ploughing ahead at the Castle Venue - the grand reopening can't be far off.

If all the HGVs looking for access to Monageer, Blackwater, Oulart etc. were to take the bypass route when it opens, then it'd improve things no end. You'd also expect traffic from the Old Bridge to The Quay to decrease at peak hours meaning traffic coming from Templeshannon onto The Quay would flow better.

Scratched record time - You'd think a steady flow of traffic would be a priority... but the total and utter empathy (general public and local authorities) towards the buses being unable to access the bus stop, effectively turning The Quay into a single lane of traffic, tells you otherwise.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

If all the HGVs looking for access to Monageer, Blackwater, Oulart etc. were to take the bypass route when it opens, then it'd improve things no end. You'd also expect traffic from the Old Bridge to The Quay to decrease at peak hours meaning traffic coming from Templeshannon onto The Quay would flow better.

Scratched record time - You'd think a steady flow of traffic would be a priority... but the total and utter empathy (general public and local authorities) towards the buses being unable to access the bus stop, effectively turning The Quay into a single lane of traffic, tells you otherwise.

I do think the Bus stop in all fairness would be better suited over in the old L&N car park. the building that used to be a pet shop would be ideal for a bus shelter/shop and the buses could pull up outside on the prom without any issues the only way to combat the total lack of respect and ignorance that is caused by people parking in the bus lane on the quay is to impose heavy on the spot fines there. If HGV and Bin Lorries were to do their collections and deliveries before 8am each morning there be not much problem with traffic flow thru the town. Thursday mornings the whole town comes to a standstill with Bin lorries and its always between 8.30am and 9am.

I think they're expecting hoards of traffic to be coming in the Oulart Rd.
    Seems they want to change it when traffic flow might not actually be a problem.

I think they're expecting hoards of traffic to be coming in the Oulart Rd.

Ya.. not sure that adds up in my mind. Are they anticipating that anyone heading to town from south of Oylegate will come up the bypass and exit at Finchogue? Is that where all the extra traffic is supposed to be coming from, or is it the appeal of Paddy Furlongs and Popovicis that will have cars flocking from all parts of the country? Can't say I'd bother going the bypass route if I was coming from that direction.

Ha ha.. disaster waiting to happen. Not sure why I'm laughing, I live out that way... its just the thought of trying to force a potential waterfall through a hose pipe is just so freakin' absurd.

I'm also assuming that anyone heading to town from the North will still come in via Blackstoops?

Oh, hang on, there was something in that article about an extra 400 houses out that road... oh my lord, chaos could be looming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

It's an absolute joke. Ground was only broken on the site for St. Patrick's new school a few weeks ago. So that will mean traffic from 4 schools using a one way system up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Putting buses in L&N Car Park would add probably 10 minutes to the journey time to/from Dublin by the time the bus arses around and gets in there and then gets out onto the Dublin road. For me, what is needed is a few tickets to be dished out to those parking in the Bus Stop.

Advertisement