Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Drove down The Quay last night and whilst there wasn't a single car illegally parked in the bus stop, a Wexford Bus decided it'd be handy to park 10 ft out from the footpath blocking up the left hand lane for oncoming traffic. I've seen Wexford Bus do this several times in the past few weeks. You can't win...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Huge queue waiting for the obviously imminent arrival of a bus,people still park directly in front of them.

Regarding this Plan B -

Knocking down building from the old Farrell's chemist on, in order to facilitate a left hand turn into the Waterfront Car Park... can anyone see any benefit in this, other than allowing Anton his coaches to arrive with ease (my guess)?

Seems pretty radical for such a small gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

small gain? No buses means no hotel. Anton went and invested in legal advice and a town planner to come up with this solution. Have you a better one?

trigger26 wrote: »
    small gain? No buses means no hotel. Anton went and invested in legal advice and a town planner to come up with this solution. Have you a better one?

Don't really like your tone mate... keep it for someone who's into the internet arguing crap, I'm not.

But since you asked - buses could use the bypass and exit at Finchogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

trigger26 wrote: »

Can the bus not unload on the corner at Boyle Sports and the guests can walk the 50 yards?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Can the bus not unload on the corner at Boyle Sports and the guests can walk the 50 yards?

Might as well go up around and let them off at the swimming pool entrance sure.

Not clear how he's being inconvenienced.

kneemos wrote: »
    Might as well go up around and let them off at the swimming pool entrance sure.

Not clear how he's being inconvenienced.

Well if the busses come in the Island Road and park outside Boyle Sports then they don't have to go into Temple Shannon at all. Then the bus could park in one of the many council car parks around the town.

That would stop a lot of traffic issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Surely Anton (and the council) thought about bus parking around the hotel before he applied and they gave him planning all those years ago??? :D yeah I know.....

Surely Anton (and the council) thought about bus parking around the hotel before he applied and they gave him planning all those years ago??? :D yeah I know.....

They did. The same day they thought about Dunnes deliveries.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    They did. The same day they thought about Dunnes deliveries.

LOL - thought exactly the same thing.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Dont think it would add any time to the journey as there be no need for any bus to enter into the car park the buses can pull up on the promenade outside the old pet shop which could be used as a shop/ticket shelter the car park is perfect for people dropping off and collecting people at the bus. With a little bit of forward thinking it would be the ideal location. Then again it would mean the council would need to surrender about 20-30 car parking " Money Making" spaces where the framers market is and along the promenade outside the back of the old pet shop and i really cant see the council doing this.

Navarre wrote: »
    Dont think it would add any time to the journey as there be no need for any bus to enter into the car park the buses can pull up on the promenade outside the old pet shop which could be used as a shop/ticket shelter the car park is perfect for people dropping off and collecting people at the bus. With a little bit of forward thinking it would be the ideal location. Then again it would mean the council would need to surrender about 20-30 car parking " Money Making" spaces where the framers market is and along the promenade outside the back of the old pet shop and i really cant see the council doing this.

There's very few parking spots in the town to facilitate staff of local businesses. Most of the spots within reasonable walking distance are 2 hour maximum stay. The Prom and the Car Park behind Dunnes/Across from Esso are the only two as far as I'm aware? Of you took 30 spaces from the Prom where are the staff going to park? It looks full down there most mornings and I driving by.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's very few parking spots in the town to facilitate staff of local businesses. Most of the spots within reasonable walking distance are 2 hour maximum stay. The Prom and the Car Park behind Dunnes/Across from Esso are the only two as far as I'm aware? Of you took 30 spaces from the Prom where are the staff going to park? It looks full down there most mornings and I driving by.

once the plans to rejuvenate the abbey square and turn it into a pedestrianized area come along and once the new bridge is removed then the parking spaces i am on about where the farmers market is held probably wont be parking spaces anymore. As i said a bit of froward thinking is whats needed but sadly i cant see it happen.

pedestrianized area

I just pray that we don't end up with another disaster like our existing "Parisian Boulevard" (aka Rafter Street).

You couldn't trust these bloody people with the placement of a zebra crossing, never mind the rejuvenation of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Just heard Toss Kavanagh's Pub has gone?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just heard Toss Kavanagh's Pub has gone?

Gone... as in closed down?

Hang on, got it -
    A LOCAL LOSS!
    Very sad today to see the doors of my local pub - Toss Kavanaghs - closed. We take so many things in life for granted and I guess I have taken the simple pleasure of a pub “where everybody knew my name” for granted.
    Tosses wasn’t the perfect pub, no more than any of us are perfect human beings, but it reflected the community it was located in. It was down to earth, rough around the edges but warm and welcoming to all and unashamedly and authentically working class.
    Fintan and his team had a word for all and a love for music and the arts that elevated our little corner of the world. I will be eternally grateful to him for his unfailing support of the Roots and Rock n Roll Community. The list of memorable days and nights we enjoyed there under his kind hospitality is endless and they will live with me forever.
    My remarks above are in the past tense but I really hope a way can be found to return them to the present tense.
    Fintan Kelly’s version of Toss Kavanaghs has brought so much to the social, sporting and music life of this community, it is a Christmas tragedy to see the doors closed. I urge all who have frequented this establishment to reach out to Finto with words of support, he can use them at this tough time.
    If it really is the end, then I offer a simple thanks to my pal Fintan for all the good times.

Revenue Sheriff apparently.

I was told today that the same business man owns the whole block of buildings on that corner Movitas, Charlie Kavanaghs, Charlie Cullens, Toss Kavanaghs and the taxi rank. It would be a right spot for big roundabout. wink wink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Gone... as in closed down?

Revenue closed it down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was told today that the same business man owns the whole block of buildings on that corner Movitas, Charlie Kavanaghs, Charlie Cullens, Toss Kavanaghs and the taxi rank. It would be a right spot for big roundabout. wink wink

I heard he tried unsuccessfully to buy The Old House before also.
    Sitting on empty properties and waiting for the money to roll in from the regeneration project.....or maybe that's just the cynic in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A word of warning to anyone taking out large sums from the Credit union etc. One woman was followed from Abbey Square to Pettits and a large sum of money stolen from her car recently.
    These types of crime always happen but are more prevalent this time of year.

The Drug Wars continue...the 'new' Sam McCauley's - across the road from Grant's and it seems to be doing the same amount of business.

Sam%2BMcCauleys%2B2.jpg

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The Drug Wars continue...the 'new' Sam McCauley's - across the road from Grant's and it seems to be doing the same amount of business.

Sam%2BMcCauleys%2B2.jpg

But is it part of the Sam McCauley group/chain or is it just a McCauley family member who has opened a chemist shop just called McCauley ??

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

But is it part of the Sam McCauley group/chain or is it just a McCauley family member who has opened a chemist shop just called McCauley ??

It’s the son who opened the shop and he has nothing to do with the McCauley group anymore. He is out on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Boycott all McCauley's after their move to Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

vicwatson wrote: »

??

What exactly do you think that would achieve? If everyone was to boycott the shops in the south east those shops would close and the employees would lose there jobs.

• Advertisement

Couldn't get the staff in Wexford apparently.

https://www.google.ie/m?q=McCauley%27s+move+hq&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1

Advertisement