Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kneemos wrote: »

Yes, but not believeable

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mondo44 wrote: »
    It’s the son who opened the shop and he has nothing to do with the McCauley group anymore. He is out on his own

Yes i was told that this morning and i wish him all the best for going out on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

They can't get the staff for what they want to pay the staff is what I hear is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Sure once Sam McCauley sold up, the company had no loyalty to Wexford which is understandable. If they can't get the staff, what can they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

McLoughlin wrote: »
    They can't get the staff for what they want to pay the staff is what I hear is the issue.

They'll have to pay a good whack more if they want Dublin staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

The Slaney is looking fierce this evening, hope it doesn't get any higher tonight, took this at the New Bridge at 5.40pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

BuboBubo wrote:
    The Slaney is looking fierce this evening, hope it doesn't get any higher tonight, took this at the New Bridge at 5.40pm

I'm pretty sure that I read earlier the next high tide was due at 1am. Hopefully the homes and businesses down around the river won't be totally ruined again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Flooded as far as Kehoes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

The party night that the Riverside was to hold has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Fierce flow on the river tonight - Shannon Quay flooded and the Promenade from the new bridge. High tide due 11.30 and then the fun will really start. The new bridge will surely have to be closed around the same time and anybody gone to Wexford for a night out would want to be back before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Water tampers with the electrics on cars .
    I would advise all motorists not to drive through floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

I'm sure Paul Kehoe will be on the radio this morning, telling that he has the whole army on the job, how he has worked hard for flood defence measures, etc etc.
    And people still vote for this tool.

Heavy persistent rain forecast for tomorrow night and Into Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Not looking good this morning with roads on quays on both sides of river flooded. Trains still operating but the water level is high on that bridge too.

FADED.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Any update on the island rd.

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Any update on the island rd.

Grand.

The few that are left have barricaded themselves in.
    Must have sleepless nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

vicwatson wrote: »
    Boycott all McCauley's after their move to Citywest

Yeah great stuff Vic. Let’s boycott the stores that employ more wexford people than the support office. Absolutely sound plan. No problems there only a couple more hundred jobs.

Zhane wrote: »
    Yeah great stuff Vic. Let’s boycott the stores that employ more wexford people than the support office. Absolutely sound plan. No problems there only a couple more hundred jobs.

Maybe.

You can be sure though that the Wexford shops will be the first to go if they downsize unfortunately, Dublin ones will stay. Imo that would not be the case if the head office stayed put.

How many of the 600 jobs are Wexford based I wonder, given they have 32 shops around the country?

Maybe.

You can be sure though that the Wexford shops will be the first to go if they downsize unfortunately, Dublin ones will stay. Imo that would not be the case if the head office stayed put.

How many of the 600 jobs are Wexford based I wonder, given they have 32 shops around the country?

You have absolutely no evidence that the Wexford stores would be the first to go. Its a business, if the stores are making a profit they will stay open. They have signed new leases for two out of three stores in Wexford, (they own Redmond Square as far as I know).

They are even opening a new store in Wexford next year. And the rest are due to be rebranded with the new brand this year too.

You are feeding gossipmongers and panic amongst people, and you really should be writing for the Wexford People.

• Advertisement

The local leftie loonies down in Wexford Town were on about protesting outside the local McCauley's and organizing a boycott. Thankfully nothing come of it. Professional Protesters who would protest anything.

You have absolutely no evidence that the Wexford stores would be the first to go. Its a business, if the stores are making a profit they will stay open. They have signed new leases for two out of three stores in Wexford, (they own Redmond Square as far as I know).

They are even opening a new store in Wexford next year. And the rest are due to be rebranded with the new brand this year too.

You are feeding gossipmongers and panic amongst people, and you really should be writing for the Wexford People.

Oh give it over will you :rolleyes:

You equally have no evidence

Ps it’s reported there is 150 people working for McCauley in CO Wexford and Howlins meeting came to nothing and the head office is moving to city west.

Real pity that.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The local leftie loonies down in Wexford Town were on about protesting outside the local McCauley's and organizing a boycott. Thankfully nothing come of it. Professional Protesters who would protest anything.

Who are they?

Who are they?

Mostly the People Before Profit crowd known for turning up protesting at any and everything without knowing the facts. I tolerated them to a point but they got verbally abusive to staff at Dunnes Stores when they were protesting there once and asked to leave.

You can protest all you want but when you start being abusive to people thats a line you don't cross

Grants planning further expansion in Bellfield.

Free parking Sat,SunMon. Presumably it's for on Street parking also?

https://wexfordtoday.com/2018/12/20/useful-information-for-christmas/

Oh give it over will you :rolleyes:

You equally have no evidence

Ps it’s reported there is 150 people working for McCauley in CO Wexford and Howlins meeting came to nothing and the head office is moving to city west.

Real pity that.

Working for them gives me enough evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Toss Kavanaghs back open tonight, best of luck to the lads

• Advertisement

Working for them gives me enough evidence.

How? Are you the owner?

Advertisement