Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Zhane wrote: »
    You have absolutely no evidence that the Wexford stores would be the first to go. Its a business, if the stores are making a profit they will stay open. They have signed new leases for two out of three stores in Wexford, (they own Redmond Square as far as I know).

They are even opening a new store in Wexford next year. And the rest are due to be rebranded with the new brand this year too.

You are feeding gossipmongers and panic amongst people, and you really should be writing for the Wexford People.

Rumours they are closing the branch in Waterford City Centre. Mulligans have a lot of branches in the city though, along with Boots, and a few others dotted around. Can't see the Wexford town branches closing anytime soon though. New Ross has a mid size Mc Cauleys pharmacy on South St, and a small dispensary-type shop beside a very large doctors practice - reckon they're safe enough too.

Back to Enniscorthy, there's a glut of pharmacies there now, be interesting to see what becomes of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I noticed that a prominent enniscorthy taxi/ Hackney company have yet again been involved in a serious road traffic collision resulting in serious injuries to yet another young lady ,

Complain about empty shops and land hoarding on the weekly but not a word said about the Hackney operators and members of the local ethnic minority going around like it's the wild west...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Templeshannon regeneration plan has been rejected by the council and gone back to the drawing board.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Traffic lights at the old bridge and templeshannon should be looked at as Enniscorthy seems to be the only big town in the county with no automated Traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Templeshannon regeneration plan has been rejected by the council and gone back to the drawing board.

The budget had magically dwindled too meanwhile a huge amount is being ploughed into the upgrade of the courthouse..... Again.
    The priorities in the town are seriously messed up.

• Advertisement

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/its-back-to-the-drawing-board-on-templeshannon-regeneration-37649014.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Seems you're f'd if you do, f'd if you don't.

Aside from the one way system, does anybody know what else they were planning to do as part of the 'regeneration' plan? Either I missed it, or it was published and I didn't take the time to read it.

Thanks

Edit. Got it https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/business/economic-development-projects/templeshannon-regeneration

BTW. Giving it a good look, one thing that baffles me is the supposed benefits of a pedestrian bridge development.

100 grands worth of lead and copper stolen from St.Senan's hospital according to The Guardian. I doubt that the Gardai would have to go very far to find some of the culprits.

100 grands worth of lead and copper stolen from St.Senan's hospital according to The Guardian. I doubt that the Gardai would have to go very far to find some of the culprits.

How the hell they got to the top of those towers is a mystery.

Good to see the development progressing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

How is that news it a Wexford tradition to strip a place for building supplies. When I was a kid the old convent in Wexford was emptied within a day doors, floors, fireplaces and anything worth anything was taken.

The old hospital well rumors still are spoken of the new houses built in Wexford were built with supplies taken from the building.

Heck I knew a builder whose house was more or less built from striping empty buildings and well some of the old wexford bridge is in my back garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

McLoughlin wrote: »
    How is that news it a Wexford tradition to strip a place for building supplies. When I was a kid the old convent in Wexford was emptied within a day doors, floors, fireplaces and anything worth anything was taken.

The old hospital well rumors still are spoken of the new houses built in Wexford were built with supplies taken from the building.

Heck I knew a builder whose house was more or less built from striping empty buildings and well some of the old wexford bridge is in my back garden

All of that makes it acceptable, how???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I suspect that whatever was stolen from St.Senan's has long since been melted down and not for reuse in building anything. The owners only have themselves to blame as their 'security' must be a complete joke.

Talking of security, the empty apartment complex at the old Super Valu carpark was attacked in the last couple of days. Wither the Gardai? :rolleyes:

win%2B1.jpg

Tower crane going up near the hill. Presumably it's for St Patrick's new school?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    More old tosh. Don't hold your breath while we await the arrival of the Celtic Slug. That new coffee shop up a horrendous flight of stairs - if you're elderly - will fail like everything else that has been tried there.

23517650_503344886689301_4322855649846139734_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7b30171c50944dfa13062c66681c884b&oe=5CBDC552

Appears to have closed but perhaps the proprietors are on extended Christmas holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Is this the bitch about Enniscorthy thread because I could add plenty that could easily be fixed by the council doing their job and enforcing the rules that everyone should be working by. I'm talking about wheelie bins left permanently blocking footpaths because residents are too lazy to take them in, people reserving parking outside their houses by leaving buckets on the street etc The world is gone too self serving, noone cares about the next person anymore

No, it's the only reasonably active thread on the Wexford forum - bitching is allowed but positivity too if you have anything to post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I wish I had anything positive to contribute but I live in an area where everyone else dumps black bags every other day or does as I've previously posted, the council does nothing to try to stop it. Makes me wonder why I pay for bins at all, i could just join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

arseagon wrote: »
    I wish I had anything positive to contribute but I live in an area where everyone else dumps black bags every other day or does as I've previously posted, the council does nothing to try to stop it. Makes me wonder why I pay for bins at all, i could just join them.

You pay for bins cos you're a good citizen and who respects his environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

The guards are a joke in this town. Went down with my son to get a child passport identity and consent form signed as guards are listed as witnesses. They refused to sign it as they never seen one before and and said they didn’t know me... oh and he said it will be more work for them

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Mondo44 wrote: »
    The guards are a joke in this town. Went down with my son to get a child passport identity and consent form signed as guards are listed as witnesses. They refused to sign it as they never seen one before and and said they didn’t know me... oh and he said it will be more work for them

Oh well if it was more work for him......

• Advertisement

Mondo44 wrote: »

Happened to me with my daughter, had to go to the Mance and get a priest to sign it, went back and got a different guard and she told them that as long as I have ID (photo and address) that the guard doesn't need to know me personally as that is sufficient to sign off on the passport app.

Try getting a gun license. The new lads haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Try getting a gun license. The new lads haven't a clue.

Had this experience in Wexford some years back. New guard at the desk thought I was about to hold up the place.

An experienced guard came out then and was sorted in a few minutes.

I'm as harsh a critic as any on the Gardai but most of my experiences at Enniscorthy station have been very positive. We could do with a much higher street presence but that is down to management rather than the lower ranks.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    23517650_503344886689301_4322855649846139734_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7b30171c50944dfa13062c66681c884b&oe=5CBDC552

Appears to have closed but perhaps the proprietors are on extended Christmas holidays?

To Let signs have now appeared - good luck with that.

There is still a 9 years lease left on that cafe/restaurant. The owner of it has it up for let on some of the FB pages. I must say the food in there is lovely its just a pity it wasn't in a more central location in town. Maybe when the Abbey is turned back into a pedestrianized area it might take off.

Navarre wrote: »
    There is still a 9 years lease left on that cafe/restaurant. The owner of it has it up for let on some of the FB pages. I must say the food in there is lovely its just a pity it wasn't in a more central location in town. Maybe when the Abbey is turned back into a pedestrianized area it might take off.

Very inconvenient for people with prams, in wheelchairs or have mobility issues though

Very inconvenient for people with prams, in wheelchairs or have mobility issues though

i totally agree its a pity it wasn't up in center of town as it could have been a very busy and popular place. The man who ran it is from Egypt. his food was/is lovely i for one am sad to see it close.

Turkish%2B1.jpg

Seems to be a huge influx of these coins in circulation in Enniscorthy recently. These four came from one shop that know I collect such oddities. Sadly, while appearing similar to €2 coins they are only worth c.17 cents and they don't work in the parking meters! Anybody going to visit their holiday apartment in Turkey might find them useful or perhaps that's how they came to be in town in the first place. :D

• Advertisement

Another Enniscorthy shop bites the dust but this time no loss in my opinion.

VAPE%2BSHOP.jpg

Advertisement