Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Another Enniscorthy shop bites the dust but this time no loss in my opinion.

VAPE%2BSHOP.jpg

Ain’t people better vaping than smoking tobacco??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Mondo44 wrote: »
    Ain’t people better vaping than smoking tobacco??

The jury is still out on that and anecdotally I know of kids who have taken up vaping who never smoked previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Should ban the cursed things completely.

Keep the vapors for a year or two,then ban those as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Sadly banning either tobacco or vaping will probably never happen... taxes down, black market up. Sad state of affairs seeing kids going straight to vaping... so bloody pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I’m just wondering if Dunne’s have changed their delivery times simply because the town has been at a complete standstill just before 8 o clock on numerous mornings lately.

Of course having a situation where one lorry delivering to one shop didn’t end up bringing the main routes of the town to a standstill would have been a preferable option but that ship has sailed unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Consultants have been appointed to turn Enniscorthy into a tourism hub apparently.

Some clutching at straws initially by the look of it, particularly given the 1798 centre is closing or closed most of the time and the Castle is practically empty.
    Maybe they'll come up with something.

Enniscorthy Guardian: First steps taken towards Enniscorthy tourism project.
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/first-steps-taken-towards-enniscorthy-tourism-project-37758379.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kneemos wrote: »
    Consultants have been appointed to turn Enniscorthy into a tourism hub apparently.

Some clutching at straws initially by the look of it, particularly given the 1798 centre is closing or closed most of the time and the Castle is practically empty.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/first-steps-taken-towards-enniscorthy-tourism-project-37758379.html

As long as the keep getting taxpayers money they’ll come up with something alright

I wonder who the 'consultants' are and how much are they being paid. If that news report is anything to go by all they are doing is stating the bleeding obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Giving my experience with tourism groups in Wexford it will be people still thinking in a old 20th century Bord Failte kinda way whilst trying trying to be new and edgy rather than a 21st century forward thinking.

With Enniscorthy the idea being passed around is a Rebellion and Rising theme promoting Enniscorthy as the center point of rebellion and rising in Ireland. The problem with that is 1798 isn't a "big deal" outside Wexford and I don't think it has ever being a big draw and as for 1916 Rising well if your going to visit a 1916 site wouldn't you visit the GPO.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Giving my experience with tourism groups in Wexford it will be people still thinking in a old 20th century Bord Failte kinda way whilst trying trying to be new and edgy rather than a 21st century forward thinking.

With Enniscorthy the idea being passed around is a Rebellion and Rising theme promoting Enniscorthy as the center point of rebellion and rising in Ireland. The problem with that is 1798 isn't a "big deal" outside Wexford and I don't think it has ever being a big draw and as for 1916 Rising well if your going to visit a 1916 site wouldn't you visit the GPO.

Probably fits the ancient east theme malarky.

• Advertisement

Probably fits the ancient east theme malarky.

Have they put up Ancient East signs in Enniscorthy yet ? I haven't been up there in quite awhile.

Have they put up Ancient East signs in Enniscorthy yet ? I haven't been up there in quite awhile.

There's one in the Market Square anyway. Not sure we have the goods to offer in the east like the Wild Atlantic Way does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Tourism is good for just a few months of the year. What is needed is industry to sustain the town's population all year round

paulaa wrote: »
    Tourism is good for just a few months of the year. What is needed is industry to sustain the town's population all year round

Tourism is a year round product that concept that its just a few months of the year is part of the problem with the lack of development of the tourism product in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Tourism is a year round product that concept that its just a few months of the year is part of the problem with the lack of development of the tourism product in Wexford.

It may be a year round project but the vast majority of tourists visit in the summer months. The town needs more than that, a practical solution to the unemployment problem and not airy fairy projects that disappear after a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The missus was dropping stuff into the charity shop and there was a commotion going on,Roma women caught shoplifting.
    In a charity shop, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The missus was dropping stuff into the charity shop and there was a commotion going on,Roma women caught shoplifting.
    In a charity shop, FFS.

No scruples at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

kneemos wrote:
    Another big housing development planned for Enniscorthy.

I'm wondering where the entrance/exit will be. That road is narrow and has a few bends on it, I couldn't imagine it would be suitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

There are hardly any games of 5 a side going on where ye might need a player to make up numbers

Deise boii wrote: »
    There are hardly any games of 5 a side going on where ye might need a player to make up numbers

Wrong thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Wrong thread?

I ment in Enniscorthy ðŸ‘not much on the other thread

Bells21 wrote: »
    I'm wondering where the entrance/exit will be. That road is narrow and has a few bends on it, I couldn't imagine it would be suitable.

I assume that's the site that was up for sale behind the last estate on the Carley's Bridge road? (Don't know the name of it)

Deise boii wrote: »
    I ment in Enniscorthy ðŸ‘not much on the other thread

Drop up to the astro turf in the evening at Bellfield,that could be your best bet.

The CBS used to have indoor five a side some evenings also.
    No idea if it still goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I assume that's the site that was up for sale behind the last estate on the Carley's Bridge road? (Don't know the name of it)

Yes it seems to be that one, although given the size of the site it seems to run behind Daphne view and those estates too so I wonder will they have the entrance/exits running through those? Carley's Bridge road is awful as it is between the narrowness, bends and then the bridges(and idiots who don't give way to cars already on the bridge) so image bringing cars from up to 200 houses out onto it.

Good deal for parking if you work in town.

https://wexfordtoday.com/category/news/

• Advertisement

20190306_144056.jpg

Sadly, the remaining Chernobyl Orphanage charity shop is closing at the end of the month - apparently rates are to blame - 50% sale now on.

20190213_185450.jpg

Meanwhile some nocturnal activity at the old Internet cafe on Castle Street but nobody seems to know what is happening here.

Advertisement