Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

arseagon wrote: »
    What the f**k? That's ridiculous...

It's a local road,eighty is the limit. Mad though

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

kneemos wrote: »
    It's a local road,eighty is the limit. Mad though

The R420 Tullamore to Portarlington is a local road as indicated by the R however it has a long straight section just outside Tullamore that has a 100km limit because it is deemed safe to do that speed.

There's also parts of the old N6 which is now bypassed by the M6 making it a regional road but they kept the 100km speed limit.

So it's not a case that they can't....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

arseagon wrote: »
    The R420 Tullamore to Portarlington is a local road as indicated by the R however it has a long straight section just outside Tullamore that has a 100km limit because it is deemed safe to do that speed.

There's also parts of the old N6 which is now bypassed by the M6 making it a regional road but they kept the 100km speed limit.

So it's not a case that they can't....

When the M11 Gorey Bypass opened, the R772 (Arklow Road) from Gorey to Tinnock Roundabout was made 80kph but after objections that this was unreasonable because it was a wide straight piece of road, was subsequently raised to 100kph again.
    Perhaps if you approach your local councillors and get them to lobby the powers that be, they may reconsider that stretch. They have to be good for something after all, they take enough from the public purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

In fairness, if that's the best that they can do they might as well put a gate at each end of the town and close the place. They haven't tried - they are bleeding the ratepayers dry and frittering the money away on vanity projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Huge tailbacks at Oylegate... bumper to bumper on the Island Road out as far as the graveyard...

I think the positivity is starting to wane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Huge tailbacks at Oylegate... bumper to bumper on the Island Road out as far as the graveyard...

I think the positivity is starting to wane.

I just came in the island road and the traffic only built up at Ned Kavanaghs. They are digging up the road at the top of the Boreen Hill and that's backed up to Donohoes so I'd say a lot of people are seeing that and going down the island road to try get around it.

Edit: 7 minutes to get from Kavanaghs to the rugby club.

I noticed a lot of the Island Road traffic was non WX reg cars, wondered if it was people following Sat navs that are probably still set to the old route. Possibly New Ross bound also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I noticed a lot of the Island Road traffic was non WX reg cars, wondered if it was people following Sat navs that are probably still set to the old route. Possibly New Ross bound also.

All D reg going to their holiday homes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

All D reg going to their holiday homes

They should follow the signs for Blackwater...

A crash at the Market Square this evening - the crowds were bigger than for the Strawberry Festival and I would have taken more interesting photographs but there was rugby on at the time. It took emergency services a while to get there but I think the car was the main victim.

blur_edges.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

...looks like the red car got lost....?

The car was on its side in some pics I saw in Facebook... how the hell they managed that I'll never know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/43546084329/permalink/10157402957244330/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The car was on its side in some pics I saw in Facebook... how the hell they managed that I'll never know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/43546084329/permalink/10157402957244330/

Probably went up the wrong side towards on coming traffic, tried to turn when they realized they went wrong, clipped the curb/black bollard and rolled the car while they had the wheel on full lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Actually, from that photo it's not very clear that it's "no entry" there that I can see, not even street markings. A stranger could easily go wrong.

From the decade that taste forgot but it's in a very good cause! :D

4%2BROBIN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Del.Monte wrote: »
    A crash at the Market Square this evening - the crowds were bigger than for the Strawberry Festival and I would have taken more interesting photographs but there was rugby on at the time. It took emergency services a while to get there but I think the car was the main victim.

blur_edges.jpg

Local shopkeeper had his van parked illegally in the hatchings (conveniently not in the photo), the red car clipped the van and turned over.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Probably went up the wrong side towards on coming traffic, tried to turn when they realized they went wrong, clipped the curb/black bollard and rolled the car while they had the wheel on full lock.

Was in Stamps when it happened, it came around Castle St way too fast, veered across the road, hit illegally parked car, flipped in the air, skidded on its side and hit the lamp post. Woman walking down past T Doyles pub with a puggy within feet of being killed had the car not stopped. The ****ing noise of the crash was unreal. Scared the living ****e out of me and many others. I actually called 999 (others too I imagine). Took the Fire Briagade 1o mins to get there, took the Gardai 20 - on foot too, from around the corner. Ambulance came shortly after. Ned Kavanagh took both cars away. The crashed car was driven by a 70 odd year old, with her as equally old passenger. They walked away. Bloody miracle that no one was hurt.

It always amazes me the speed many cars do on Castle Street - especially approaching the bend into the Market Square - and it's just good luck that there haven't been more accidents there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note

In relation to the car crash in the Market square in Enniscorthy recently, Peoples names cant be mentioned here on Boards as it could lead to legal implications

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The only name mentioned was Ned Kavanagh? He's a well know tower in the town and had nothing to do with the accident?

I removed from the post the name of the person who owns the Van that was hit by the car.

• Advertisement

MOD NOTE

Folks please in future don't quote a Mods Note or a Mods Warning if any of you have an issue or concern then please take it to a PM. It is also against Boards Rules to try and identify another poster or member in the outside world. Some posts have been removed to tidy up this matter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Navarre wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

Folks please in future don't quote a Mods Note or a Mods Warning if any of you have an issue or concern then please take it to a PM. It is also against Boards Rules to try and identify another poster or member in the outside world. Some posts have been removed to tidy up this matter.

Lads, work with us. You know you can't go around saying things that clearly could land this site (and you) in legal waters. If a moderator issues an instruction and you disagree, great! We welcome your Feedback via the PM function.

Just stop dragging down the thread with unrelated posts and let the discussion on hand continue freely.

Please, take note and if you want to discuss it - drop us a PM. Not on here.

Don't be quoting Mods notes.

Protestant buns and tray bakes guaranteed! :)

INST%2BTEA%2BPARTY.jpg

Any idea what the road works outside The Bailey are for? Traffic lights Version 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Any idea what the road works outside The Bailey are for? Traffic lights Version 2.0?

New manhole. The old one was collapsing by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pinkfoot1

Came up that road today, crazy that it is 80km p/h.

The road from Gorey to Green's Berry Farm - the old N11- was 100 Kph and when the bypass was opened was initially 80 Kph as it was designated a Rural Road. This was revised and it is now back at 100 Kph. Maybe the old N11 road from Camolin to Oylegate will be revised in a similar way.

• Advertisement

The cricket pitch at the Greyhound track is taking shape but I'm glad that I'm too old to be batting on this sticky wicket. :D

67410251_10220039912293867_3908544810591453184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnvxTjf78iHF7ISuvinAvhOKXWdOWH7F5cUCDXE4FvOA2fBGP6yECuGlOAgU7VwjkJ6IDQlA3nXqPZ_dSXz01NN&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0eb9615822c77347d266bf62c33a2f78&oe=5DED2A93

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1554861761467375/

Advertisement