Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What's everyone opinion on these guys being back around I heard there was some trouble in gimont over it?

We're delighted to have them back - what do you think? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What's everyone opinion on these guys being back around I heard there was some trouble in gimont over it?

Scum bags need to meet the wrong person.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Scum bags need to meet the wrong person.....

Username is apt. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The million euro refurb of the market square council building is to begin. Never a small number when the council is involved.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fjkeenan/permalink/1592820734186942/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

kneemos wrote: »
    The million euro refurb of the market square council building is to begin. Never a small number when the council is involved.

[

Except when you want them to repair/replace some piece of infrastructure in your area, then there's no money. We asked them to cut down a diseased tree which was a threat to life and limb to residents and it was as if we'd asked them to extend the M11 to Cork.
    The plebs are only there to supply money, not use it.

And people wonder why there are so many empty shops in town. :rolleyes:

CASTLE%2BSTREET.png

Throw in the rates, insurance, ESB, waste collection, stock - not to mention the online competition and why would you bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And people wonder why there are so many empty shops in town. :rolleyes:

CASTLE%2BSTREET.png

Throw in the rates, insurance, ESB, waste collection, stock - not to mention the online competition and why would you bother.

Both include rates and insurance (I'd assume that's not going to cover your stock or public liability though) so not as bad as at first look.

No market for any of the empty stores around the place, not big enough to be of any use for anything. A lot of them must be idle for decades now.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Both include rates and insurance (I'd assume that's not going to cover your stock or public liability though) so not as bad as at first look.

My mistake - regarding rates but insurance is irrelevant as public liability is the biggie there. Anyway, regardless of rates the rents are outrageous given that the footfall in town, and on Castle Street in particular, is woeful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fjkeenan/permalink/1592820734186942/

I wouldn't mind but the only person I ever saw in there was the person behind the desk at reception. The main offices are out the old Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

My mistake - regarding rates but insurance is irrelevant as public liability is the biggie there. Anyway, regardless of rates the rents are outrageous given that the footfall in town, and on Castle Street in particular, is woeful.

The occupiers will still need their own liability, the landlord cannot provide that. The reference to insurance included can only mean events caused by the structure

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Lovely pic DG - nice to see Vinegar Hill w/o the masts etc.

Any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I have this link for years from the national library, if anyone is interested...

The stretch between the roundabout in Abbey Square and the bridge is the second most treacherous in the country.
    I'm not surprised as daily you see drivers sail through the pedestrian crossings without a care for those trying to use them.

https://www.joe.ie/motors/analysis-most-dangerous-roads-ireland-682700

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

That and people lane jumping because on lane seems to move faster than the other. This is both on the stretch in abbey square and once they pull onto the quay. I see the same cars day in day out thinking they can just switch lanes as they please without so much as checking their mirror or sticking an indicator on and waiting for a gap.
    Also people don't seem to appreciate that there isn't room for a car and a lorry to move onto the quay side by side at the same time. Lorry drivers have no choice but to swing wide but some drivers seem to have a sense of entitlement rather than waiting an extra second to allow the lorry complete the manoeuvre.

I see on Facebook tonight where Eason & Son are to become involved in some sort of franchising operation with Byrne's World of Books & Toys. This will see the shops in Gorey, Enniscorthy and Wexford rebranded and revamped as part of the Eason operation. Hopefully the first step to an eventual buy-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I see on Facebook tonight where Eason & Son are to become involved in some sort of franchising operation with Byrne's World of Books & Toys. This will see the shops in Gorey, Enniscorthy and Wexford rebranded and revamped as part of the Eason operation. Hopefully the first step to an eventual buy-out.

Byrne's in Wexford I haven't set foot in nearly 15 years poor customer service poor choice of stock and the constant changing staff with bad stories. Eason's though its a odd one wouldn't have seen Wexford as part of their expansion plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Sounds good, hopefully the Easons loyalty card works too!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The shop sign has been replaced with Eason's in Wexford town, so looks like they should accept it

The interweb and charity shops must have most of the book market sewn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

The interweb and charity shops must have most of the book market sewn up?

You'd be surprised......

Ml. Owen book's cheaper in Book Station in Gorey & Carlow at €12,99 than Book Depository 17.77 & Amazon 16,33; both the latter'll surely be dearer post any type of Brexit. Kennys (Online Only admittedly) were 13.98; Easons 18.99.

Age of Football: Book Station 13.99, Easons 15.74, Kennys 15.51 & Book Dep. 18.98.

Louis Theroux Book Station 12.99 v Book Dep. 16.69; Kennys 19.54 & Easons is 19.99.

That's just 3 of 5 books I was shopping round for last night.

Just heard on local radio that The Old Mill burnt to the ground and will most likely collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Which old mill?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Just heard on local radio that The Old Mill burnt to the ground and will most likely collapse.

No loss it was a bloody eyesore anyway. It had become a hideout for scumbags drinking and drugging and throwing rocks at the passing traffic.

arseagon wrote: »
    Which old mill?

At John's. Presumably it was the old house at the entrance to the old strawberry plant?

https://www.southeastradio.ie/2019/10/fire-service-battling-fire-at-st-johns-foundry-in-enniscorthy/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

arseagon wrote: »
    Which old mill?

Driving in the New Ross road this morning, fire tender and garda car were down the lane on the opposite side of the road to Davis' Mills.

• Advertisement

Something stirring on the bridge finally. Fairly substantial operation by the look of it.

Advertisement