Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

kneemos wrote: »

"House ravished by early morning fire at Enniscorthy"

I really think they meant to say "ravaged"......

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The 3 storey building in the st Johns Foundry was burnt down this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No loss it was a bloody eyesore anyway. It had become a hideout for scumbags drinking and drugging and throwing rocks at the passing traffic.

You're dead right about that. Was walking the dog last week and I heard some scummers in chapel lane talking about this great place they found to "hang out" in, across from the mill.

Described by the "local correspondent" on SE Radio as an important piece of our industrial past. Why was it allowed to fall into such a state then???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »
    Something stirring on the bridge finally. Fairly substantial operation by the look of it.

I had to walk down to the station this evening and it makes a simple journey considerably more difficult, so let's hope they get on and fix things up without anymore delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I had to walk down to the station this evening and it makes a simple journey considerably more difficult, so let's hope they get on and fix things up without anymore delays.

Considerably more difficult? You've to use a different footpath :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TJ Murphy's (formerly Popovici's) is due to open tomorrow.
    Already looks a million times better than before but the big challenge is keeping 90% of the previous clientele out.
    Anyhow best of luck to the lads with the venture.

Few pictures from around town this afternoon - the bridge where work seems to be well in hand; the river where the village idiots have already dumped some of the road equipment; and Sherry Fitzgerald's with their broken window.

I find there's often a 'odd' vibe vibe around town on Sunday afternoons - boy racers tearing up and down the quays; feral youths shouted abuse at me from the door of Malocca's as I took the Sherry Fitz pic....

BRIDGE.jpg

RIVER.jpg

SF%2B1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Did you shout abuse back at them

Mondo44 wrote: »
    Did you shout abuse back at them

To what purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

To what purpose?

To show them who is boss around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Mondo44 wrote: »
    To show them who is boss around town.

:D

This made me laugh more than it should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

:D

This made me laugh more than it should have.

I did too... Jimmy Gahan exclusive, man found with camera stuck up his arse on slaney street...

Glad I have provided so much entertainment but AH is this way >>>>

Glad I have provided so much entertainment but AH is this way >>>>

Proceed directly to jail... There's a new sheriff in town.

Proceed directly to jail... There's a new sheriff in town.

Do not pass Go, do not collect £200

Do not pass Go, do not collect £200

Enniscorthy monopoly, that would be a bit of fun. Cheapest area? That horrible place beside the clinic... Millyard, that's it. Dearest place? Summer hill, the front houses. Does it meet with the approval of the man from Del Monte?

Enniscorthy monopoly, that would be a bit of fun. Cheapest area? That horrible place beside the clinic... Millyard, that's it. Dearest place? Summer hill, the front houses. Does it meet with the approval of the man from Del Monte?

Surely he will say Yes!
    Don't know the place beside the clinic. Island road. Traffic 24/7 and a danger of flooding every winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Walked over the foot bridge on The Prom today for the first time in about a year. Last I saw it, there was one metal plate repair on the timber laths and another rotting hole forming, its now up to seven metal plate repairs. Thing appears to be rotting away slowly but surely.

A week on from my first posting about this and surprise, surprise the road works stuff is still on the river bank. It must be fierce difficult for a council official to walk the town daily, even weekly, to spot problems and deal with them. :rolleyes:

RIVER%2B20TH%2BOct..jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

Few pictures from around town this afternoon - the bridge where work seems to be well in hand; the river where the village idiots have already dumped some of the road equipment; and Sherry Fitzgerald's with their broken window.

I find there's often a 'odd' vibe vibe around town on Sunday afternoons - boy racers tearing up and down the quays; feral youths shouted abuse at me from the door of Malocca's as I took the Sherry Fitz pic....

Yeah, there is a massive influx of traveler youngsters into the town on Sundays. I don't know where the feck they all come out of, but they go around in large groups and can be quite intimidating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

peadar76 wrote: »
    Yeah, there is a massive influx of traveler youngsters into the town on Sundays. I don't know where the feck they all come out of, but they go around in large groups and can be quite intimidating

It's courting season. Many are from Dublin

In other news:

NEW%2BNCBI%2BSHOP.jpg

One of John Kavanagh's long, long empty shops on Castle Street is getting a makeover and apparently is opening as an NCBI...... charity..... shop.

1798%2BMONUMENT.jpg

Meanwhile in the Market Square the 1798 monument has sprouted some fresh graffiti - the mentality of those responsible is mind boggling.

Galball%2BSports%2BClub%2BCB%2BSale%2BOCT%2B2019.png

Where the fcuk is Galbally? I thought it was near Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

"Where the fcuk is Galbally? I thought it was near Wexford."

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=galbally+wexford&iie=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Galbally doesn't actually exist I don't think.

Typical townies...don't know where anywhere is past the milehouse. :D

• Advertisement

Typical townies...don't know where anywhere is past the milehouse. :D

Where's the milehouse? Is that past Lidl?...

Advertisement