Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Where's the milehouse? Is that past Lidl?...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

My town boundaries are Treacys, Ned Kavanaghs garage, the new bridge, the CBS and Bellfield.

Town much easier to negotiate in the morning since by-pass afternoon still a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Town much easier to negotiate in the morning since by-pass afternoon still a disaster

Around pettitts is dreadful. I find going down the bohreen hill much better than trying to get past pettitts. Massive improvement all the same.

My town boundaries are Treacys, Ned Kavanaghs garage, the new bridge, the CBS and Bellfield.

I made it as far as Davis mill once, slaney search and rescue found me in a disoriented condition and brought me to the Garda Station...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Around pettitts is dreadful. I find going down the bohreen hill much better than trying to get past pettitts. Massive improvement all the same.

All it takes is one eejit who can't reverse in or out of a space to block half the town up or the ones who park on the road outside Pettits "because their oh is only running in for a minute"
    Down along by the Cathedral to the square is dreadful for that. Someone trying to parallel park in a space big enough for a truck causes a tailback past Bellfield then gives up and drives off is a regular occurrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Perpendicular parking along The Duffry Gate is a PITA no matter what time of day it is... that's one hell of a busy road by Enniscorthy standards.

Apparently Stamps and The Antique are either changing hands or closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Apparently Stamps and The Antique are either changing hands or closing.

Yep doors closing on Sunday unless new proprietors can be found.

arseagon wrote: »

That's terrible, is Karl pulling out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

arseagon wrote: »

****....Karl ran a good pub, whats going on there I wonder? I know he has legal troubles but the pubs were doing well.

****....Karl ran a good pub, whats going on there I wonder? I know he has legal troubles but the pubs were doing well.

New job apparently, it's not easy running two pubs especially in Enniscorthy where you are dependent on the weekend trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Graffiti back on the new bridge - minor in the general scheme of things but needs removing/painting over.

NEW%2BBRIDGE%2B23%2B10%2B2019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I hate when they paint over as it sticks out so bad when the rest is original...

I hate when they paint over as it sticks out so bad when the rest is original...

100% agreed, but once they go down that road, as they have done, you have to keep going. It should have been power washed or sand blasted the first time.

New job apparently, it's not easy running two pubs especially in Enniscorthy where you are dependent on the weekend trade.

He had a decent midweek business too, no? New job, locally?

He had a decent midweek business too, no? New job, locally?

What damn business is it of yours where his new job is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

At least the tidy towns brigade aren't running around beating you with sticks!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    What damn business is it of yours where his new job is?

None, a guy posted post saying he had a new job, i replied, what business is of yours what i ask? And in future please no unsolicited private messages. Instead ask the guy who posted speculation about a new job, not the person asking where the job may be.

And if you actually read what I wrote, I didn't ask where his possible new job was, I asked was it local. So, get down off your horse.

• Advertisement

The redevelopment of Lidl is due to start in early spring.

The redevelopment of Lidl is due to start in early spring.

Considerably smaller than what they wanted unfortunately.

kneemos wrote: »
    Considerably smaller than what they wanted unfortunately.

That's thanks to the objectors who held it up and thought it'd take business from the town centre.
    What they don't get is that Lidl is there nearly a decade and a half and I doubt it's expansion would have any impact on the bookies,charity shops and chippers in the town centre.

That's thanks to the objectors who held it up and thought it'd take business from the town centre.
    What they don't get is that Lidl is there nearly a decade and a half and I doubt it's expansion would have any impact on the bookies,charity shops and chippers in the town centre.

You forgot the fashion boutiques and hairdressers..

You forgot the fashion boutiques and hairdressers..

And pubs.

Could've been all ruined by Lidl.

And pubs.

They're getting scarcer by the week..

Anybody have an idea when the fibre will be available? VM hitting me with yet another price hike, would love to be able to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!!

Anybody have an idea when the fibre will be available? VM hitting me with yet another price hike, would love to be able to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!!

Some people use an old smartphone and use it as a hotspot with a €20 Three unlimited data deal.

Depends on your needs I suppose.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Some people use an old smartphone and use it as a hotspot with a €20 Three unlimited data deal.

Depends on your needs I suppose.

Why didn't I think of that?

Advertisement