Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kneemos wrote: »
    Some people use an old smartphone and use it as a hotspot with a €20 Three unlimited data deal.

Depends on your needs I suppose.

Work colleague did that for ages, unfortunately Three internet in my house is dreadful and with my usage touching 1Tb per month I need a decent provider, VM is top class in fairness but with this new increase it's going to be 67.50 pm for just BB and a phone I never used.

Why didn't I think of that?

It can be flakey enough if you're in a bad spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Work colleague did that for ages, unfortunately Three internet in my house is dreadful and with my usage touching 1Tb per month I need a decent provider, VM is top class in fairness but with this new increase it's going to be 67.50 pm for just BB and a phone I never used.

Vodafone is €25 for the first 6 months and €40 after that.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Vodafone is €25 for the first 6 months and €40 after that.

What package is that? I was with VF on fttc and it was perfect, actually they were my last provider before I switched to VM, their router was a terrible locked down piece of junk that I quickly ditched.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anybody have an idea when the fibre will be available? VM hitting me with yet another price hike, would love to be able to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!!

I have FTTC for the last few years in Enniscorthy.
    Siro is in the process of being rolled out.

Go onto the line checker here to see what you can get.
    https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/

If you can get Virgin,you can be fairly certain you'll get Vodafone fibre. Sky do deals also as all the providers use the same lines.

Ignore all that,just saw you previously had VF fibre.

• Advertisement

What package is that? I was with VF on fttc and it was perfect, actually they were my last provider before I switched to VM, their router was a terrible locked down piece of junk that I quickly ditched.

Not sure but think it's BB only. It's on the website.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Not sure but think it's BB only. It's on the website.

I have the BB only,€45 a month but pretty sure they do a 6 months for €25 offer.

I have the BB only,€45 a month but pretty sure they do a 6 months for €25 offer.

Yea that's what I have as well. Had two outages over the last 5 years and when I rang they added 50GB of data to my mobile so I could hotspot each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A new unit under construction in the old Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It was only a bad dream, and the Antique Tavern reopened under new management this evening. :)

blur_edges.jpg

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    It was only a bad dream, and the Antique Tavern reopened under new management this evening. :)

blur_edges.jpg

Thank God, nice to know where to avoid the most boring people in town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thank God, nice to know where to avoid the most boring people in town!!

:D
    Only been in it twice. Busy both times. Is it really that boring normally?

:D
    Only been in it twice. Busy both times. Is it really that boring normally?

Nice pub but my god there are some numptys drinking there, they'd bore for Ireland..(my late mother's saying)

Nice pub but my god there are some numptys drinking there, they'd bore for Ireland..(my late mother's saying)

Might check it out soon.

Might check it out soon.

Good idea especially if you're going through a bout of insomnia!!

Might check it out soon.

Oh please don't, you and CoBo 55 sound like you should find your own watering hole to troll in.

Oh please don't, you and CoBo 55 sound like you should find your own watering hole to troll in.

Pub spy, remember him?

Christ you are such a killjoy. Can a person not be light hearted on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The tit-for-tat is a bit unbearable. I think a few people need to put their personal differences aside and let the thread get back on track... please.

Kehoes on the quay, now there's a grand spot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Kehoes on the quay, now there's a grand spot!!

There'd be no boring people in there!

There'd be no boring people in there!

Especially on Sunday. Work is going well on the old bridge it looks very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

All it takes is one eejit who can't reverse in or out of a space to block half the town up or the ones who park on the road outside Pettits "because their oh is only running in for a minute"
    Down along by the Cathedral to the square is dreadful for that. Someone trying to parallel park in a space big enough for a truck causes a tailback past Bellfield then gives up and drives off is a regular occurrence.

the absolute worst most infuriating road on enniscorthy...the parking and people reversing across both lanes of traffic- the traffic lights that turn red instantaneously the second people who cant be arsed crossing BOTH pedestrian crossings at doyles and opposite petitts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

the absolute worst most infuriating road on enniscorthy...the parking and people reversing across both lanes of traffic- the traffic lights that turn red instantaneously the second people who cant be arsed crossing BOTH pedestrian crossings at doyles and opposite petitts :mad:

And relax, you're in a nice warm car, the people using pedestrian crossings are not.

arseagon wrote: »
    And relax, you're in a nice warm car, the people using pedestrian crossings are not.

The pedestrians aren't the problem, it's the Muppets who can't use parking spaces or reverse properly are. That junction is a nightmare.

The pedestrians aren't the problem, it's the Muppets who can't use parking spaces or reverse properly are. That junction is a nightmare.

+1 on this.

Diagonal parking. Coming the other way use the car park.

Feral youth attack St.Mary's again. Anyone know the significance of the scribbled message?

Church%2BDoor.jpg

Feral youth attack St.Mary's again. Anyone know the significance of the scribbled message?

Church%2BDoor.jpg

Could take a guess at PC's(Protestant *****).

All I see on 577 is the introduction of the Georgian Calendar.
    On the positive side there is a faint possibility that it was an educated feral youth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

kneemos wrote: »
    Could take a guess at PC's(Protestant *****).

All I see on 577 is the introduction of the Georgian Calendar.
    On the positive side there is a faint possibility that it was an educated feral youth.

Well if it was an "educated" feral youth you would assume they knew the purpose of an apostrophe.

Advertisement