Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The continental "7s" may be a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

paulaa wrote: »
    The continental "7s" may be a clue

I use the continental 7 myself but it wasn't me, and it has been removed in the last hour or so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I use the continental 7 myself but it wasn't me, and it has been removed in the last hour or so. :)

Good, absolute shame that innocent people have to shell out to clean up the mess. Scumbags like this make a good case for vigilantism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Feral youth attack St.Mary's again. Anyone know the significance of the scribbled message?

Church%2BDoor.jpg

That's disgusting, mindless morons. Be no harm to get a few cameras around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

kneemos wrote: »
    Could take a guess at PC's(Protestant *****).
    If that was their intended message, I don't think they'd have had any qualms about spelling it out in full.

It could be a 'gang' thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That's disgusting, mindless morons. Be no harm to get a few cameras around that area.

Its terrible, the protestant people of this town are lovely people, I've had many interactions on a religious level with the St. Marys church, its pastors and its congregation, and this disgusts me.

New NCBI shop on Castle Street opens tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I see the wall by the newly repaired bridge (across from the bottom of Slaney Street), is now damaged and in need of repair. Will probably be done by next July...

Powder some man on the Late Late tonight...

Powder some man on the Late Late tonight...

Who? Powder Freeman from gimont?

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Who? Powder Freeman from gimont?

Yea, the postman. In the audience. He was interviewed by Ryan about the Hawkeye photo from Bellefield last year. He was on it earlier too but I missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Yea, the postman. In the audience. He was interviewed by Ryan about the Hawkeye photo from Bellefield last year. He was on it earlier too but I missed that bit.

What is "the Hawkeye photo" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paulaa wrote: »
    What is "the Hawkeye photo" ?

He had a NIL and TA posters in Bellfield at a match for Hawkeye as a prank. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Planning for this new pedestrian bridge at the foot of Slaney Street is supposedly set to be lodged in Jan 2020. I don't get it, there's a perfectly fine bridge 30 yards away that serves the same purpose. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Planning for this new pedestrian bridge at the foot of Slaney Street is supposedly set to be lodged in Jan 2020. I don't get it, there's a perfectly fine bridge 30 yards away that serves the same purpose. Am I missing something?

Think it was part of the Templeshannon rejuvenation plan which I thought was scrapped.

Good for fishing maybe.

Front page of The Guardian says that the new technology park may have it's first tenant with Green Energy Building (I think) looking to take up occupancy as an Irish base.
    Representatives have already been visiting local companies.

Stamp's is supposed to be reopening tomorrow.

Meanwhile the John Kavanagh Discount NCBI shop has quietened down after the initial opening mayhem. Love to know the full story here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stamp's is supposed to be reopening tomorrow.

Two people who worked in the Riverside are the ones who are reopening it.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Two people who worked in the Riverside are the ones who are reopening it.

Hope they aim for the same type of crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hope they aim for the same type of crowd

I'd say they'll get the Riverside staff drinking in it with decent crowd of people in their 30s. Doubt it'll be full of teenagers puking their guts up.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd say they'll get the Riverside staff drinking in it with decent crowd of people in their 30s. Doubt it'll be full of teenagers puking their guts up.

Karl ran a great pub, he'll be missed, if they can keep it at that level, with same atmosphere and crowd, it'll be a good spot still.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just wondering, has traffic in the town centre been relieved significantly by the newly opened M11 and N30 bypasses?

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Just wondering, has traffic in the town centre been relieved significantly by the newly opened M11 and N30 bypasses?

Yes.

Yes.

You forgot about the traffic jams when some eejit spends 15 minutes trying to park then gives up and drives off. It's amazing how trivial things like that still causes gridlock in the town centre.
    However there's no more jams out as far as Blackstoops or St. Senans coming the other way so the bypass has done it's job.

Yes, I forgot that I recently witnessed some fool pull-up and unload their car on the wrong side of the road outside the JK/NCBI shop on Castle Street. Then an ambulance came on the scene with lights flashing, siren blaring etc. but the owner did not return from the shop until it was gone past. :rolleyes:

Yes, I forgot that I recently witnessed some fool pull-up and unload their car on the wrong side of the road outside the JK/NCBI shop on Castle Street. Then an ambulance came on the scene with lights flashing, siren blaring etc. but the owner did not return from the shop until it was gone past. :rolleyes:

Probably looked out the window at it and all.

Probably looked out the window at it and all.

And took a photo...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

More floods if we get much more rain by the look of the river.
    Flood relief continuously postponed.

• Advertisement

Someone 'fixed' the potholes down Templeshannon about 2 weeks ago,they may as well not have bothered due to the standard of work done on it.
    The road is worse than ever now with even bigger holes in the road and loose stones everywhere,a claim waiting to happen due to the amount of people who congregate in the street on the weekends,never mind the damage to cars.

Advertisement