Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Condition of the roundabout at the top of Bohreen Hill getting worse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Please somebody tell me that I'm wrong but I was told tonight that the former Hughes Blake premises beside Evolv on Castle Hill is to become the Alzheimer's Society's permanent HQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Please somebody tell me that I'm wrong but I was told tonight that the former Hughes Blake premises beside Evolv on Castle Hill is to become the Alzheimer's Society's permanent HQ?

Think i heard that, cant remember now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Think i heard that, cant remember now.

I see what you did there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Del.Monte wrote: »

That was years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Someone must be monitoring this thread,I mentioned the state of the road in Templeshannon and somebody made an attempt to repair it, looking at the state of the job they did, they needn't have bothered. It's disgraceful.

You reckon the council is monitoring boards for the comments of anonymous people? I seriously hope not.

This thread has been monitored by certain authorities in the past, I can guarantee you that.

If its the council we're talking about, it doesn't take much effort to validate what people are saying e.g. Summerhill Roundabout... just drive over it for the full experience.

BTW. I really wanna see how @CoBo55 drives up Bohreen Hill and on towards Greenville Lane whilst simultaneously avoiding the road damage, he must be driving over the zebra crossing or something :D

jpb1974 wrote: »
    This thread has been monitored by certain authorities in the past, I can guarantee you that.

If its the council we're talking about, it doesn't take much effort to validate what people are saying e.g. Summerhill Roundabout... just drive over it for the full experience.

BTW. I really wanna see how @CoBo55 drives up Bohreen Hill and on towards Greenville Lane whilst simultaneously avoiding the road damage, he must be driving over the zebra crossing or something :D

Go around it? My car has this new fangled rack and pinion steering...

I thought you might be doing a bunny hop on a Honda 50 :P

• Advertisement

I thought you might be doing a bunny hop on a Honda 50 :P

Can't bate de aul chicken chaser:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some kind of work going on in Colm Breen's old workshop. Digger in there the other day clearing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Serious activity/demolition in part of the Old Dunnes Stores nearest Staffords and new front on the old Hughes Blake building - no reliable word as to what is going into either building.

SHOPS.jpg

Meanwhile I noticed that during the rebuild of the wall at the old bridge the plaque has gone missing. Historically dubious it won't be missed - by me anyway.

Missing%2BPlaque%2B2.jpg

"Serious activity/demolition in part of the Old Dunnes Stores nearest Staffords and new front on the old Hughes Blake building - no reliable word as to what is going into either building." - I hope its not the library, as that was mooted at some point,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guess what's being dug up again?

https://imgur.com/a/3TauoE0

LOL... December always the time they like to use up any budget excess (use it or lose it), maybe it's going to be repaired properly?

Keep your eyes peeled for @CoBo55 doing an E.T. style fly over the rounabout today as he avoids potholes, construction workers, diggers etc :D

LOL... December always the time they like to use up any budget excess (use it or lose it), maybe it's going to be repaired properly?

Keep your eyes peeled for @CoBo55 doing an E.T. style fly over the rounabout today as he avoids potholes, construction workers, diggers etc :D

No chance, I went over by the fire station to cross the bridge:D

The Mercy Convent is lit up this evening,might be something doing with it.

I know they had a planning application in for access via Springvally,think they failed previously for plans to turn it into offices because of rights of way.

The Touched by Suicide charity shop was being cleared out today, that's 3 vacant properties in a row on Castle Hill now.

Front page of The Guardian.
    €3 million Templeshannon regeneration project to go ahead with the demolition of a couple of buildings involved in the works.

• Advertisement

€3 million Templeshannon regeneration project to go ahead with the demolition of a couple of buildings involved in the works.

All depending on a traffic management plan apparently. Good luck pleasing everybody with that.

Yea yea yea... I've been hearing that for the last 25 years must be a slow news week for the rag.

Looks as if we're getting a smokey coal ban.

https://www.thejournal.ie/smoky-coal-ban-extended-4937752-Dec2019/

kneemos wrote: »

About bloody time, air quality in town is dreadful.

kneemos wrote: »

Good news. Was out walking the parents dogs last night and, as is usual this time of year, came home absolutely stinking of smoke, as were the dogs.

Good news. Was out walking the parents dogs last night and, as is usual this time of year, came home absolutely stinking of smoke, as were the dogs.

How effective the ban will be is another matter.

Had a pint in the "new" Stamps over the weekend....nice new colours, good to see they kept the pints of Yellow Belly.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2720669454638277&id=100000857460367

Jackser proposed all day free parking on a couple of dates at a recent meeting but none of the other councillors would second his proposal.

Had a pint in the "new" Stamps over the weekend....nice new colours, good to see they kept the pints of Yellow Belly.

I heard it's like Lizzy's bordello..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2720669454638277&id=100000857460367

Jackser proposed all day free parking on a couple of dates at a recent meeting but none of the other councillors would second his proposal.

I think someone is twisting what actually happened.

"Cllr. Aidan Browne
    2 hrs ·
    🛑clarification 🛑Enniscorthy Christmas Parking as agreed by all councillors at November’s meeting:
    1. There is free parking all day in Enniscorthy but the 2hr rule just means you can only stay in one space for 2hrs max for free, after that you can pay for longer or move to another spot and get another two hours for free.
    2. This means there is free parking provided from first hour in the morning whereas Wex/Gorey doesn’t start until 11 am.
    3. The reason Enniscorthy is doing it differently is to give more free parking, to keep a turnover of parking spaces so that they are not blocked all day long . Also most of the car park places in Enniscorthy are owned by the council (e.g. old Dunnes car park) where as most of the car parks in Gorey and Wexford are privately owned and are not covered by council free parking. Therefore the impact on Enniscorthy of unregulated free park would be more serious in terms of shoppers being able to get a parking space.
    4. Free parking is very important but we also wanted to make sure that people can get a parking space too when coming into town.
    5. There was no motion before the council last Monday. There was a last minute proposal with no notice to anybody before the meeting to overturn the decision made in November after a lot of debate and research and which was accepted by all 6 councillors. free parking dates Saturday 30 th November Saturday 7th 14th 21st December Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24 th December.overall 4000 free spaces over the Christmas season."

Advertisement