Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Let me jump to the point... I believe you were being passive aggressive with your original post.

Well, first time I've ever been accused of that. Isn't Boards great? Something new every day!

Now I'll say goodnight again, and I'll mean it this time. Goodnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

There's a difference between saying a person is negative by nature, and saying a person has expressed negativity. Are we getting there now?

Like I said... if you have an opinion, rationalize it and offer alternatives, I don't see that as negativity.

Sad to have to say it, but Del Monte wound you up and you can't get over it. Sorry... but you're just trying your best to take little jabs there and people can see through it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What I see is cynicism rather than negativity.
    Perfectly understandable given the record of screwing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Like I said... if you have an opinion, rationalize it and offer alternatives, I don't see that as negativity.

Sad to have to say it, but Del Monte wound you up and you can't get over it. Sorry... but you're just trying your best to take little jabs there and people can see through it :D

Good morning.

All I'm going to add on this particular topic is the following dictionary definition of the word negativity:

negativity
    /ˌnɛɡəˈtɪvɪti/
    noun
    the expression of criticism of or pessimism about something.

If you want to continue to maintain that there's not lots of that around here, then that's up to yourself.

Incidentally, Del Monte doesn't and didn't wind me up. As a matter of fact, his posts were eventually better than anybody else's in helping me understand why some people remain so opposed to something that's so badly needed, and that the majority seem very much in favour of. And in general, I find his posts quite interesting.

Just as I'm finding yours somewhat amusing right now, as you continue to argue with the English language.

As I said, this is my last contribution on this particular topic. If you want the last word yourself, go right ahead. You're welcome to it.

Will comment however that it does seem to be the case that in general, there's a lot more negativity than positivity in this particular thread. Example is if you look at the comments on Facebook under the story about the cable car idea - many of them are along the lines of "why spend money on that? We need the flood defences first". And nobody saying in reply that no, the flood defences would be all wrong too. Yet there seems to be nothing but negativity on here about it.

All I'll do is going back to your comment above which sparked this exchange and once again ask...

What is your point?

Is it that people here share different views to people on Facebook? Are you say that Facebook is a more accurate barometer for how people in on Boards should feel? If that is the case, is that something of great importance?

Regarding Flood Defence, is it a problem that the half dozen or so people here that have expressed opinion's contrary to those on Facebook?

Are you attempting to influence some sort of change? If there are 30-40 positive Facebook comments then does that means that people in here should change their opinion?

Why do you feel the need to point out that people have opposing opinions on the flood defence, is it not normal to have differing opinions?

What are you trying to say that is of any value here?

If I can't find any great value in what you're saying, then I'm going to assume that it is either a passive aggressive comment towards posters on this forum or a really poorly thought out comment for the sake of commenting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

All I'll do is going back to your comment above which sparked this exchange and once again ask...

What is your point?

Is it that people here share different views to people on Facebook? Are you say that Facebook is a more accurate barometer for how people in on Boards should feel? If that is the case, is that something of great importance?

Regarding Flood Defence, is it a problem that the half dozen or so people here that have expressed opinion's contrary to those on Facebook?

Are you attempting to influence some sort of change? If there are 30-40 positive Facebook comments then does that means that people in here should change their opinion?

Why do you feel the need to point out that people have opposing opinions on the flood defence, is it not normal to have differing opinions?

What are you trying to say that is of any value here?

If I can't find any great value in what you're saying, then I'm going to assume that it was simply a passive aggressive comment towards posters on this forum, that somehow it is a problem that they don't follow Facebook trends or that they are generally negative, as if that's an issue?

I wouldn't take any of this too seriously. Someone thinks it's smart to attack with sneering condescension which looks pathetic and smells of agenda.

The day I take anything on Facebook seriously is the day I give up the internet

Yup, agreed. People can quote dictionary definitions all day long, but to me words are defined by the context in which you choose to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

"Put a Bow on It " on de Lavhline this afternoon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Well, that was 2 pages of utter drivel. Well done....anyone doing anything in Enniscorthy over the weekend?

Well, that was 2 pages of utter drivel. Well done....anyone doing anything in Enniscorthy over the weekend?

What's on ?

• Advertisement

Wickham's on the Market Square for cider which I drink at home not under the arches. :D
    https://www.facebook.com/Wickham-Bros-207423912631343/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Del.Monte wrote: »
    "Put a Bow on It " on de Lavhline this afternoon. :D
    Again:eek: She's some yoke to moan, mother of Jaysus she'd give an Aspro a headache:mad:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Wickham's on the Market Square for cider which I drink at home not under the arches. :D
    https://www.facebook.com/Wickham-Bros-207423912631343/
    Tony Dorian....Aye.. Nice to see Enniscorthy literacy hasn't changed.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Again:eek: She's some yoke to moan, mother of Jaysus she'd give an Aspro a headache:mad:

What's the craic there? Who is she?
    She'd give an aspro a headache is a great Enniscorthy saying which I hadn't heard for a long time.

Tut tut, that's very negative of you

:D

"Finnegan's Findz" - closing down sale starts on the 29th July - in all honesty I don't know how they lasted this long; and on Castle Hill a new "Holistic Gifts & Therapy Centre" is opening in the former charity shop premises.

GONE%2B%2526%2BNEW.jpg

Pity, if only they could have kept going until the cable car is built...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Are you asking so that you can help your friend to 'settle in'?

I pity the begger in Enniscorthy.

kneemos wrote: »
    I pity the begger in Enniscorthy.

Ha ha, classic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ha ha, classic!!

Must say it took me a while too!

As for begging I can't say it's ever been something I've noticed much of in the town whereas it's proliferating other towns in South-East I'm knowledgeable of.

A positive for Enniscorthy perhaps?

Given the negative spin in here so often that's a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Saw plenty of posts over the years about people moving to areas asking about schools, shops, sports clubs, facilities.etc.
    Never saw someone ask where to buy drugs or where the best begging spots are.
    I've seen it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Saw plenty of posts over the years about people moving to areas asking about schools, shops, sports clubs, facilities.etc.
    Never saw someone ask where to buy drugs or where the best begging spots are.
    I've seen it all now

I think they meant if drugs and begging were prevalent. Easier to go down that road again I'd you see people begging and getting money which you can then go spend on some.

Can't help think the post was a wind-up....

The ambitious tourism plan.
    Most of it seems to be centered around history,great and all but who's really bothered? They had a fantastic little history lesson in the Castle Museum and decided in their wisdom to dump it in a hole somewhere.

The river could definitely be made more of, particularly in the summer when it's fairly benign.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/new-ross-standard/20200728/281921660373977

From Facebook. I can't help but think that this project would be the making of Enniscorthy on long term basis but is going to Wexford instead

"Paul Kehoe TD
    16 mins ·
    A significant step forward in the development of the new Technological University for the South East as Minister Simon Harris announces the appointment of Mr Tom Boland, a former Chief Executive of the Higher Education Authority (HEA as the new independent Programme Executive Director for the TUSEI consortium comprising the Carlow and Waterford Institutes of Technology.

The outgoing Fine Gael led Government made a commitment in Project Ireland 2040 to bring a TU to this region and in this new Government we continue to recognise the urgency attached to the requirement for a technological university for the South East of Ireland and are committed to delivering on our Programme for Government commitment.

A TU in the #SouthEast will re-energise #Wexford and the entire region and bring significant benefits in terms of increased reach, international recognition, research capacity building, FDI attraction, skills retention and creation and intensified regional development.

I wish Tom well in this new role and I look forward to working with him to get this project over the line."

There's gold in that gravel in the Slaney apparently.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/wexford-people/20150721/283223031827448

Is plastic the new gold as there's certainly plenty of that in the river.

Perfect timing for that beggar to arrive in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

Advertisement