Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

This was already posted but I have to say I agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What are the chances? More likely to go to a large urban centre. Carlow Kilkenny Waterford or even Wexford will be in the hunt.

Planning for the new primary care centre has been made.
    Beside Donohue's at Blackstoops apparently.

Has anyone seen this ? A 90 bed nursing home along with housing nearVinegar Hill

https://dms.wexfordcoco.ie/index.php#

Planning Ref. 20200700.

paulaa wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this ? A 90 bed nursing home along with housing nearVinegar Hill

https://dms.wexfordcoco.ie/index.php#

Planning Ref. 20200700.

Bit of opposition on Facebook I notice. On the battlefield site or something.

Fine when it was a golf course though apparently.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Bit of opposition on Facebook I notice. On the battlefield site or something.

Fine when it was a golf course though apparently.

Yes and on Twitter too where I first saw it . It's also on private land so that will cause problems if there are objections .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I'm fairly sure the two mounds in the field across the lane and over the ditch from the mast on Vinegar Hill have been identified as the mass graves from the massacre on the hill.

They are located on the land mentioned in this application.

Hopefully, these won't be impacted by this; otherwise, a very welcome development in our little town...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

Some really good positive comments fron Neil Hughes on South East Radio about new Development Plan for Enniscorthy. https://www.bakertilly.ie/tourism-project-for-enniscorthy/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Some really good positive comments fron Neil Hughes on South East Radio about new Development Plan for Enniscorthy. https://www.bakertilly.ie/tourism-project-for-enniscorthy/

Nothing new there and all he did was regurgitate all the nonsense that's been trotted out in the Guardian and Slaney News. Who is he anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Nothing new there and all he did was regurgitate all the nonsense that's been trotted out in the Guardian and Slaney News. Who is he anyway?

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/neilhughesexaminer

Managing partner of Baker Tilly Ireland.

• Advertisement

Following jpb1974's visit to The Banks a couple of weeks ago I took myself down there for a walk this morning and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as expected. Best news is that the drinking club have made a start on burning the ridiculous looking seat - just as long as they don't succeed in setting the whole place alight. Really though, it's such a beautiful spot for a walk that it needs taking in hand and kept clean.

The%2BBanks%2B31st%2BJuly%2B2020.jpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Following jpb1974's visit to The Banks a couple of weeks ago I took myself down there for a walk this morning and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as expected. Best news is that the drinking club have made a start on burning the ridiculous looking seat - just as long as they don't succeed in setting the whole place alight. Really though, it's such a beautiful spot for a walk that it needs taking in hand and kept clean.

The%2BBanks%2B31st%2BJuly%2B2020.jpg.jpg

Is that Himalayan Balsam? Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Is that Himalayan Balsam? Awful stuff.

Yep, it's rampant down there.

It may be an invasive species but it's doing no harm down there - at least it hides the rubbish. If the council get wind of it they will send down a tractor and destroy the whole place.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

You cannot have a semi-pedestrianised Rafter St. A lot of people there today,either shopping or having a coffee. There were also many cars driving through ,some of them too quickly. Many of the pedestrians are elderly and frail and there is no demarcation between the seating areas and the road.

You cannot have a semi-pedestrianised Rafter St. A lot of people there today,either shopping or having a coffee. There were also many cars driving through ,some of them too quickly. Many of the pedestrians are elderly and frail and there is no demarcation between the seating areas and the road.

Agreed, that fiasco has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. When an accident eventually does happen, local authorities may find themselves liable.

Thought it was supposed to be open in the mornings for deliveries.

Slaney St gets blocked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Thought it was supposed to be open in the mornings for deliveries.

Slaney St gets blocked off.

Remember when cars could drive down Slaney Street...

The new handrail outside Sherry Fitzgerald's office on Slaney Street has been vandalised (?) - it's not obvious from my photograph until you you look at the base of rail on the bottom step. The whole thing is going to be fall or be pulled over by the next gang to swing off it. The steps and railing are not an addition to the street and I can't help wondering how they got permission for either.

Railing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

The new handrail outside Sherry Fitzgerald's office on Slaney Street has been vandalised (?) - it's not obvious from my photograph until you you look at the base of rail on the bottom step. The whole thing is going to be fall or be pulled over by the next gang to swing off it. The steps and railing are not an addition to the street and I can't help wondering how they got permission for either.

Railing.jpg

Never mind the how, why? Whats the point of it, was accessible to prams/infirm/old anyway. A stupid, pointless addition to the st.

• Advertisement

Never mind the how, why? Whats the point of it, was accessible to prams/infirm/old anyway. A stupid, pointless addition to the st.

I'm guessing (from the photo, I haven't seen it in the flesh) it's for wheelchair access, that inside the estate agents is now level with the street.

Probably used as a seat to eat chips on in reality.

You would need to be some sort of thrill seeker to take a wheelchair onto Slaney Street.

You would need to be some sort of thrill seeker to take a wheelchair onto Slaney Street.

Many wheelchair users wouldn't let a steep hill stop them getting around. However a sloping step would. Could be installed for a staff member maybe?

Just read a post on Facebook that Toffee and Thyme are closing down too.

Flood relief scheme has gone to public consultation again.

Speak now or forever hold your piece I guess.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/new-ross-standard/20200804/282862258224621

Flood relief scheme has gone to public consultation again.

Speak now or forever hold your piece I guess.

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/new-ross-standard/20200804/282862258224621

Is there any point as not a single local representative seems to see anything wrong with the plans - typical gombeen mentality - if there's money being spent we must have some of it and sure won't it be great for the town. Glass viewing panels to see the river. :rolleyes:

Remember when cars could drive down Slaney Street...

I remember 2 way traffic on Slaney St. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ceebee1981

Can anyone settle an argument for me and remember the name of the old opticians in town near where Modern Fashions is now? I thought it was called Garaghy’s but I’m not certain.

ceebee1981 wrote: »
    Can anyone settle an argument for me and remember the name of the old opticians in town near where Modern Fashions is now? I thought it was called Garaghy’s but I’m not certain.

T'was Garahy's I'm sure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/pg-was-a-wonderfully-engaging-personality-27202937.html

paulaa wrote: »
    I remember 2 way traffic on Slaney St. :o

Ambitious.

Was there parking on one side when it was one way or were there paths on both sides?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ceebee1981

Advertisement