Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

kneemos wrote: »
    Hardly economical I'd imagine.

I expect you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

paulaa wrote: »
    Does anyone repair small appliances anymore, eg vacum cleaners, kettles etc ?

There's a guy in Joyces who does appliance repairs, maybe ring them and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Redmond Electric in Gorey put me in touch with a guy last year who does larger appliances like dishwashers, washing machines, and so on. Will PM you his details.

Think he's from up around Inch direction though, so not sure it'd be worth either of you travelling that far for the sake of a kettle or something else small. No harm contacting him anyway, though.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    There's a guy in Joyces who does appliance repairs, maybe ring them and ask?

I'll do that thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Can't be a pipe left even thinking about leaking given the outrages over the last six or eight months.

https://www.southeastradio.ie/2020/09/29-leaks-fixed-by-irish-water-in-enniscorthy-saving-thousands-of-litres-of-water/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

What bars are DEFINITELY opening on Monday?

Doyles have announced on Facebook that they will not be opening for the moment. Huge disappointment.

SLANEY NEWS EXCLUSIVE!
    Homesavers will be opening soon in the old Dunnes Stores building on Rafter Street ending 12 years of a derelict building blighting one of Enniscorthy’s main shopping streets.
    Homesavers already has more than 20 shops up and running around Ireland. It stocks furniture items, bedding, curtains, soft furnishings, bathroom accessories, kitchen accessories and foodstuffs, storage solutions, toys, etc.
    Well done to local businessman Martin Sinnott who purchased the old Dunnes building several years ago when nobody else would take a risk on it, and for now securing a tenant who will take on one of the biggest units in Enniscorthy in these difficult times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

SLANEY NEWS EXCLUSIVE!
    Homesavers will be opening soon in the old Dunnes Stores building on Rafter Street ending 12 years of a derelict building blighting one of Enniscorthy’s main shopping streets.
    Homesavers already has more than 20 shops up and running around Ireland. It stocks furniture items, bedding, curtains, soft furnishings, bathroom accessories, kitchen accessories and foodstuffs, storage solutions, toys, etc.
    Well done to local businessman Martin Sinnott who purchased the old Dunnes building several years ago when nobody else would take a risk on it, and for now securing a tenant who will take on one of the biggest units in Enniscorthy in these difficult times.

Are Grants staying there also then? Will Homesavers be moving into where the old Dunnes homeware and grocery dept were?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Is Homesavers the one that has a branch in the Wexford Retail Park in Clonard? i.e. the retail park with Woodies, Halfords, etc. The store I'm thinking of is in the corner there, basically between Dealz and the pet shop.

A good variety of stuff there, at good prices. A similar store would be a big benefit to Enniscorthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭CoBo55

SLANEY NEWS EXCLUSIVE!

Dermot Kavanagh won't be happy... Time for a new video me thinks!!

Doyles have announced on Facebook that they will not be opening for the moment. Huge disappointment.

John is in St John's after having a stroke and sadly his sister Mary is in the latter stages of terminal cancer. End of an era I think.

• CoBo55 wrote: »
    Dermot Kavanagh won't be happy... Time for a new video me thinks!!

ah, smyths doesn’t really sell much of that stuff. That’s Kavanagh’s on the Main Street who’d sell that kinda thing. I could be wrong but I don’t think Dermot owns that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

ah, smyths doesn’t really sell much of that stuff. That’s Kavanagh’s on the Main Street who’d sell that kinda thing. I could be wrong but I don’t think Dermot owns that.

Kavanagh's Gift Shop is owned by the brother, John, who owns half the empty business premises in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

SLANEY NEWS EXCLUSIVE!

Homesavers has a store here in Carlow, actually two now I think of it & both're quite popular. The one in centre of town'd be in similarly large unit to the Dunnes one in Enniscorthy; it used be the L&N + a Supervalu.

• Del.Monte wrote: »
    Kavanagh's Gift Shop is owned by the brother, John, who owns half the empty business premises in the town.

That’s right yeah. I was 99% sure John owned it but wasn’t totally sure. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

It is a decent addition to the street. Having said that, anything other than a charity shop is probably a welcome vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It is a decent addition to the street. Having said that, anything other than a charity shop is probably a welcome vista.

Agreed, but is it not just another discount store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Agreed, but is it not just another discount store?

If it is the one I am thinking of it is a decent store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

https://www.homesavers.ie/all-products

The website is ok. Doesn't scream DISCOUNT at me.....

If it brings a bit of footfall to the street it has to be good - I'm not sure it will be enough to attract constant visitors though.

Still, it might be a start...

• Advertisement

After week one of re-opening, has anybody any comments on how things are in the pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

great job everyone we did it

great job everyone we did it

Did what ?

• paulaa wrote: »
    Did what ?

got the pubs open I suppose

got the pubs open I suppose

They were going to be opened anyway. I'd be more interested in how they are operating since they did open.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is Lidl back open yet? Or Is there a date ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

vicwatson wrote: »

November I think.

No expert,but they seem to have put it back to front.

vicwatson wrote: »

Big massive sign saying November... Think it might be in November :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Big massive sign saying November... Think it might be in November :D

Could you see it if you lived in Enniscorthy maybe?:rolleyes:

Advertisement