Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

jpb1974 wrote: »

Went in today, would highly recommend it, good coffee and the wrap was lovely.

Hopefully lockdown doesnt affect them too much. Always good to see a new start up trying their luck, fair play to them

• Does anyone have any clue what these cable spools on telegraph poles around the town is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Does anyone have any clue what these cable spools on telegraph poles around the town is about?

Fiber cables for broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Site evaluation works going on at the old bridge for what I presume is the new footbridge.

Must be serious about this folly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

kneemos wrote: »
    Site evaluation works going on at the old bridge for what I presume is the new footbridge.

Must be serious about this folly.

Never mind that, what is the latest on the cable car?

• Advertisement

Unusual calendar photo from 1960 Slaney St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Circus in town?

Great pic though!

How did Lidl get planning permission to turn their arse to the road?
    A blank wall and air con units is all you can see. No doubt the wall will be plastered with advertising hoardings

Awful looking.

A blank wall and air con units is all you can see. No doubt the wall will be plastered with advertising hoardings

Awful looking.

You should have asked that when they were looking for it, and gave your feedback then.

• kneemos wrote: »

Awful looking.

Sure who cares? It’s not like that end of the town is exactly the spot I’d look for an ideal nature or scenic walk like. Too many people in this town obsessed with the “look” of the place. Fact is, the town looks a state and it’s nothing to do with Lidl.

• Advertisement

Sure who cares? It’s not like that end of the town is exactly the spot I’d look for an ideal nature or scenic walk like. Too many people in this town obsessed with the “look” of the place. Fact is, the town looks a state and it’s nothing to do with Lidl.

Would disagree. Looks quite attractive and characterful in many aspects,not much in it granted,but you don't expect the professionals in charge of planning to make things worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I've a young lady on crutches to drop off and pick up from Colaiste bride tomorrow. I got this mapalerter notification message. If I am coming from the other side of the river can anyone explain where the road closure will be? Usually the girls walk so I avoid the madness up there.

"Resurfacing works at junction of Spring Valley ,Armstrongs Range ,The Shannon .Wed 4th and Thur 5th. From 8am - 6pm . Please use Alternative route if possible."

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

jordata wrote: »
    I've a young lady on crutches to drop off and pick up from Colaiste bride tomorrow. I got this mapalerter notification message. If I am coming from the other side of the river can anyone explain where the road closure will be? Usually the girls walk so I avoid the madness up there.

"Resurfacing works at junction of Spring Valley ,Armstrongs Range ,The Shannon .Wed 4th and Thur 5th. From 8am - 6pm . Please use Alternative route if possible."

Thanks

Don't go up The Backway i.e. down The Quay and turn left past Partz Motor Factors.

Instead go past Treacy's Hotel, right at Toss Kavanagh's and straight up The Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Awful looking.

They are planting nice trees there i believe, haven't seen it myself yet.

Looking forward to the end of these level 5 restrictions, Co Wexford - I miss you. :(

• Hey lads has anyone a clue what’s the story with the kebabish on Slaney? Are they closed down or what’s the craic? Notice a while ago there the front was painted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

Hey lads has anyone a clue what’s the story with the kebabish on Slaney? Are they closed down or what’s the craic? Notice a while ago there the front was painted too.

Think they are gone. On just eat.ie it keeps saying they are currently offline

Ah no, I hope he’s found safe and well.

Good news.

https://wexfordtoday.com/2020/11/07/sean-located-safe-well/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl opening 26th November apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lidl opening 26th November apparently

Gonna be packed when it does. They'll have a load of opening specials probably. Can't wait for it though. Miss Lidl!

• Gonna be packed when it does. They'll have a load of opening specials probably. Can't wait for it though. Miss Lidl!

Wouldn’t say there’s much to be put on special besides groceries sure. They’re not allowed do the special buys or anything, aldi neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Giant snow globe in the B twenty7 coffee shop that's been mentioned here before:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=432615774800334&id=120560489339199

They don't seem to have answered any of the questions there about prices and booking, though. And if the number of comments is anything to go by, there seems to be great interest it, so would be somewhat reluctant to just turn up on spec, for fear there'd be a long queue or even being turned away. Has anybody been in there and maybe heard what the story is?

Never mind, they've answered the question now themselves:
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=434515201277058&id=120560489339199

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Everyone get the €10 off / spend €50 for the new look Lidl opening next week?

What could ever go wrong putting people in to an enclosed globe during a time of a pandemic? Whether or not they can change the air after each visit, putting a load of people in to such a contraption is ridiculous and no matter how well they change the air, bar they clean every inch of the glass as well I don't see how they can say it is not a Covid risk!

• Everyone get the €10 off / spend €50 for the new look Lidl opening next week?

I did anyway! Not going when they open though cos the vouchers are useless till the following week & it’ll just be mad first day anyway. Delighted they were able to get up and running on time despite covid.

What could ever go wrong putting people in to an enclosed globe during a time of a pandemic? Whether or not they can change the air after each visit, putting a load of people in to such a contraption is ridiculous and no matter how well they change the air, bar they clean every inch of the glass as well I don't see how they can say it is not a Covid risk!

It's a fair point, and something we're considering as we try to decide whether or not to book it.

We've got a six-year-old boy who's missed out on a lot this year in terms of days out and activities and the like. Even his Santa "visit" this year has to be just a Zoom call. And while it's great to have rediscovered the simple things like walks and games in the woods near us, it'd be nice to do something just a bit different for Christmas with him too, even if it is only for a few minutes.

But on the other hand, as you point out, we have to be conscious of Covid too, in terms of something like this.

It's the wife who'll be deciding anyway! I was just asking if anyone knew about booking or pricing details, before the shop posted those details themselves.

On another note altogether....can anybody recommend a window cleaner in the area? The guy we normally use is based in Arklow, and is not travelling south of what they call "the Wexico border" these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 BernardJohnson

I hear the Bus Stop Shop are putting one of these beside their shop too...

Advertisement