Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

"My Sport" is getting a replacement window put in today, just in time for the weekend. :rolleyes:

And the Council's 'Amoeba' test at the Market Square draws near - watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Crunchee

I was in Enniscorthy today for the first time. We had coffee in a really nice place- would anyone be able to tell me the name? It sells Portuguese pastries and is across the road and up a bit from a Portuguese restaurant...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not sell or rent it? **** them and get rid of them. The last thing any town needs is an empty unit done on purpose.

Crunchee wrote: »
    I was in Enniscorthy today for the first time. We had coffee in a really nice place- would anyone be able to tell me the name? It sells Portuguese pastries and is across the road and up a bit from a Portuguese restaurant...

urgent%2B004.JPG

I hear lots of good reports about "Pastel d'Creme" but haven't had a chance to sample it myself yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Not sell or rent it? **** them and get rid of them. The last thing any town needs is an empty unit done on purpose.

Mod Note:

Watch the language lads. Keep it clean ;)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Crunchee

Thanks Judgement Day! Couldn't remember the name for the life of me. It was really nice- very reasonable too. I used to live in Portugal when I was little and their Belem tarts took me way back to my childhood. What an amazing place to have in town.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Mod Note:

Watch the language lads. Keep it clean ;)

Thanks

Quiet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Seems like the local link bus service is no more,not enough people using it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

zerks wrote: »

I am not surprised really. Years ago Pettits did the same and i think that bus was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

urgent%2B004.JPG

I hear lots of good reports about "Pastel d'Creme" but haven't had a chance to sample it myself yet. :)
    Thanks Judgement Day! Couldn't remember the name for the life of me. It was really nice- very reasonable too. I used to live in Portugal when I was little and their Belem tarts took me way back to my childhood. What an amazing place to have in town.

I think this place is being run by the wife of the guy who runs the Portugese restaurant across the road. Hopefully it works out well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

And the Council's 'Amoeba' test at the Market Square draws near - watch this space!

Call me slow but i don't get what you mean. Amoeba test?

There's some strange rumours doing the rounds as to why the bus service is no more... and they don't involve a lack of patrons. Just wondering if anyone else heard other than cancellation due to low usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Ian7 wrote: »

There's some strange rumours doing the rounds as to why the bus service is no more... and they don't involve a lack of patrons.
    Do tell.

I know its a tease but I think it would be unfair to post the details of these rumours in case it's not true. I was just wondering if others had heard anything else.

Ian7 wrote: »
    I know its a tease but I think it would be unfair to post the details of these rumours in case it's not true. I was just wondering if others had heard anything else.

I heard it was due to lack of use and as a result no money being made,nobody could run a bus service on fresh air.

Strange that people wouldn't use it,although I know a few who'd spend around €20 a day on taxis ferrying them around town,you'd think they'd use it.

A nice John Hinde view of Enniscorthy from the 1960s.

Enniscorthy%2BJohn%2BHinde.JPG

And in other good news "El Kippo" aka the Castle Nite Club is closed for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Yea, very good news, more people with no work at all in town.

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    Yea, very good news, more people with no work at all in town.

Yeah, and peace and quiet for the residents for a few weeks. Less business for Enniscorthy Glass though but **** happens. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

And in other good news "El Kippo" aka the Castle Nite Club is closed for renovations.

? Was it not massively renovated by by the original guy who was leasing and then more work carried out by the current tenant :confused:

sundula wrote: »
    ? Was it not massively renovated by by the original guy who was leasing and then more work carried out by the current tenant :confused:

Apparently there's big problem with the plumbing. ;)

One more thing closed in town, even if only for a short time. We are in a dying town. Seems some people are happy to see it go

• Advertisement

a Coup d'état?....sssshhh who said that, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Willam Barker

I wonder why Enniscorthy does not go for the Fleadh again, worth millions in business to the host town and the previous occasions were a great success!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

I wonder why Enniscorthy does not go for the Fleadh again, worth millions in business to the host town and the previous occasions were a great success!
    enniscorthy is having the fleadh this year as far as i know

lynp27 wrote: »
    enniscorthy is having the fleadh this year as far as i know

The 2012 All-Ireland Fleadh Cheoil was awarded to Cavan, County Cavan for the third year in succession. The other towns who applied for the 2012 festival were Ennis, County Clare; and Sligo, County Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

scaller wrote: »
    The 2012 All-Ireland Fleadh Cheoil was awarded to Cavan, County Cavan for the third year in succession. The other towns who applied for the 2012 festival were Ennis, County Clare; and Sligo, County Sligo.
    a sorry is the leinster fleadh

GUARDIAN%2B008.JPG

From today's Guardian.

See an earlier report here on The Sunny South East Blog 22/7/2009 http://countywexford.blogspot.com/2009/07/tomb-of-unknown-plumber.html
    and the issue of removing the awful piece of junk had been discussed by the Council in 2007!! No doubt, in twenty years time, when they finally decide to remove it, they will put it out to tender instead of having a few of their own staff do the job. :rolleyes:

I see abra is closed now too, and a few closing down sales on. It's painfull to walk around the town these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    I see abra is closed now too, and a few closing down sales on. It's painfull to walk around the town these days.
    Closed for good?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Closed for the good of our health?

FYP.

Denis's Kebabs are far superior and better value.There's plenty of better takeaways in the town than Abrakebabra.

@JD- I'll cut down the "beak with the leak" for you.should get a few quid for it out in Molloy's Scrapyard:D

• Advertisement

FYP.

Denis's Kebabs are far superior and better value.There's plenty of better takeaways in the town than Abrakebabra.

+1 for Denis kebabs

Abrakebabra should have closed years ago.

Advertisement