Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

zerks wrote: »
    7 or 8 I think with another to open.

8 with the Vincent de Paul to open in the former TSB premises. Add in Cash Encounters, the 'cash for clothes' shop on Castle Hill and the similar premises in the Soviet Valu Car Park and the town is a thriving metropolis. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Since when does metropolis mean shít hole :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Wonder what happened to the (doomed to fail) plan to save Enniscorthy town centre by promoting more traffic in the Market Square?

They forgot about the gridlock it caused.Another reason to avoid the town.

They forgot about the gridlock it caused.Another reason to avoid the town.

Honestly though.. how in the name of jaysus are they making such fúked up decisions?

Change it this was, change it that way, change it back the original way. How much does each change cost?

It baffles me, the total and utter lack of common sense.

Moronic... totally moronic.

Honestly though.. how in the name of jaysus are they making such fúked up decisions?

Change it this was, change it that way, change it back the original way. How much does each change cost?

It baffles me, the total and utter lack of common sense.

Moronic... totally moronic.

You ain't seen nothing yet - wait until they decide to rip up the paving in Rafter Street and put it back the way it was. Don't forget they also intend to waste €500k on the soon to be redundant Council offices in the Market Square.

• Advertisement

Fúck this lads... enough is enough. Something has to be done to stop the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Fúck this lads... enough is enough. Something has to be done to stop the madness.

Do you know where the weapons are stached?

kneemos wrote: »
    Do you know where the weapons are stached?

What weapons?

What weapons?

Sorry thought you were planning a rebellion,there's a load of pikes around somewhere.

kneemos wrote: »
    Sorry thought you were planning a rebellion,there's a load of pikes around somewhere.

Nah, not me, not sure where you got that idea.

BTW: You might want to google the definition of 'stached'. I thought you might be referring to something a little on the kinky side.

• Advertisement

image.jpeg

Had a look around the new graveyard,I know they aren't the happiest places to be but it's just so impersonal.I know they tried to go with an American style of plot placement but this means that all plots need to be uniform and level,it just looks a mess.
    There's also a lack of bins/a skip to put old flowers etc. into,the old graveyard has facilities for this.The difference between the Council looking after one & a dedicated commitee looking after another is stark.
    Another thing is all the cars being parked all day as people get lifts to Dublin etc. to work.A few being towed away might do the trick,Keith Doyle made this point recently in the paper but still the issue hasn't been tackled.

Good old Enniscorthy,where they can't even get burying and preserving the memory of the dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

image.jpeg

Am i the only one who looked at this first and thought it said "Me G's"
    instead of "Mc G's", didnt know what was being sold there!

Another chipper, we must nearly have a chipper for every pub in the town these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

the kelt wrote: »
    Am i the only one who looked at this first and thought it said "Me G's"
    instead of "Mc G's"

Still better than "The Pub Robbies" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Anyone know what's goin on with the efibre broadband down here? Think we'll see it any time soon?

Akenny010 wrote: »
    Anyone know what's goin on with the efibre broadband down here? Think we'll see it any time soon?

Enniscorthy is due to be up and running within a month,all the cabling is pretty much done and the cabinets are being installed,spotted a few new ones around already.Go to the broadband forum as there's a thread about it and a thread with the rollout mapping.

McG's fish 'n' chipper opened today - I shall report on their chips this weekend.

McG's fish 'n' chipper opened today - I shall report on their chips this weekend.

That's why we have so many charity shops,the huge amount of chippers is turning us into lard asses so we have to buy new xxxl size clothes and give our old ones away.:pac:

Free rebellion weekend on the 25-26 May at the revamped 1798 centre for anyone interested.

I wonder if the council's depot at Blackstoops has been sold? There were test holes being dug there the other day.

• Advertisement

Looks we're keeping our Xtra vision,all the closures are in Dublin.

Bridge.jpg

The sooner that bridge goes the better,it was like a trial of nerves using it the last couple of days as those returning from their holiday homes/mobiles suddenly forgot what Stop & Yield signs were.

Does anybody know if The Old House is closed altogether? Didn't see it's doors open at all over the weekend.I remember the time when it was the best pub in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

The sooner that bridge goes the better,it was like a trial of nerves using it the last couple of days as those returning from their holiday homes/mobiles suddenly forgot what Stop & Yield signs were.

Does anybody know if The Old House is closed altogether? Didn't see it's doors open at all over the weekend.I remember the time when it was the best pub in the county.

I've heard from a few people that it's closed, others told me it's being done up, but I haven't seen it open in a few weeks now, ain't seen anyone going in or out either.

I'm slipping up as I missed the closure of the short-lived (6 months) "Rosetta Restaurant" in the old Dunnes Stores carpark - apparently it's gone a couple of weeks. Town was as a quiet as the tomb this morning despite it being Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I think we need new councilors in town, things are getting quieter by the week and the ones we have seem oblivious to the fact. the ones that have shops around the town don't seem to care that it's a sinking ship as they must have their money made, only growth area seems to be charity shops. 20 years ago Enniscorthy was the 2nd town of Wexford we have been passed by Gorey and New Ross is catching up fast, and there is only the poor management by the decision makers to blame for it.

The wife made a good point earlier,she was given an all4one voucher and was reading some of the names of the stores where it can be redeemed.The only one that was in Enniscorthy was Byrnes.Wexford has all the main ones.There's some bits & pieces she wants to get for the house but as usual nowhere in town stocks anything she needs so it'll be a trip out of town.The norm for Enniscorthy is, "if Kavanagh's don't have it then tough".

JD is right about the town this morning,nobody on the streets but as usual the traffic is brutal.

Is Rafter St. still open to traffic? There still seemed to be cars using it even though Church St. is finished and the diversion is gone.Maybe the plan is to destroy it completely before spending a fortune repairing it.

The paving on Rafter Street is in a woeful condition - a big claim by someone tripping is inevitable.

• Advertisement

The paving on Rafter Street is in a woeful condition - a big claim by someone tripping is inevitable.

Injury Lawyers 4U are setting up a branch there.

Anybody know who has opened the chipper where the Old Bridge Restaurant used to be in Templeshannon? It was open Saturday night.

Advertisement