Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Over 3 years, 2012 posts and 4 Irish Street direction changes later.. what a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought the town looked really well when when I passed through recently.

Tell me - what's Stamps pub and Kehoes pub near the bus stop like ??

EDITED, left out KEY word !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thought the town looked really when when I passed through recently.

Really .....? Tell me, I'm on the edge of my seat here. Good or bad?

My bet is on bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thought the town looked really when when I passed through recently.

"Kehoes" is popular with the traveling community and "Stamps" is supposed to be reopening under new management on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TheChevron wrote: »
    Really .....? Tell me, I'm on the edge of my seat here. Good or bad?

My bet is on bad.

Apologies, I left out a KEY word there :D

No, in all seriousness I thought the town looked good. Yeh all towns could do with more people in the shops etc but I just thought it looked well presented with nice flowers and shrubs and stuff around.

Thanks for info on pubs, I'll steer clear of Kehoes so, and tell me about Stamps, is it ancient inside? (ancient is good in my world !)

• Advertisement

Apologies, I left out a KEY word there :D

No, in all seriousness I thought the town looked good. Yeh all towns could do with more people in the shops etc but I just thought it looked well presented with nice flowers and shrubs and stuff around.

Thanks for info on pubs, I'll steer clear of Kehoes so, and tell me about Stamps, is it ancient inside? (ancient is good in my world !)

"Stamps" was an Old Man's Pub a few years ago but in its last incarnation was just dark and plain. However, great things are expected with new operator. Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

"Stamps" was and Old Man's Pub a few year ago but in it's last incarnation was just dark and plain but great things are expected with new operator. Thursday!

Will they pull the curtains?

Notice some activity on the first floor of the old ESB office.Did I hear something about Argos moving in there correctly?

Barnardos ground floor, Kick Boxing on 1st floor AFAIK. Stamps was to open tonight at 7pm - trapped with kids so missed out. :(

Barnardos ground floor, Kick Boxing on 1st floor AFAIK. Stamps was to open tonight at 7pm - trapped with kids so missed out. :(

Kick boxing on top floor.First floor is empty at the moment.Heard someone say Argos was moving in and there is activity in the place.Maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Argos in Enniscorthy? Down with that sort of thing,how dare something so progressive appear on the retail landscape of the town!! Would we not be better suited to having another charity shop,discount store or boutique?:pac:

Council should put these where CBS students congregate,the seats on the quay opposite the Bus Stop are like a bomb site after every lunchtime.

awesome_pictures_12.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The old ESB office would be to small for Argos. The perfect building for it would be the old Dunnes Stores, it has plenty of shop space and a big storage area at the back unlike the old ESB office.

Will we have water the colour of urine when water charges come in I wonder?

kneemos wrote: »
    Will we have water the colour of urine when water charges come in I wonder?

Speaking of water,hope the pricks that stole equipment from Slaney Search & Rescue depot never need their help.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

What do the shops of Enniscorthy do to entice people into the town on a Sunday, i am a chef in a restaurant in the Square, and we were very busy today, i think the shops are missing a trick by not opening, unless you're eating/drinking in Enniscorthy on a Sunday, there is no other reason why you would visit it.

efc67 wrote: »
    What do the shops of Enniscorthy do to entice people into the town on a Sunday, i am a chef in a restaurant in the Square, and we were very busy today, i think the shops are missing a trick by not opening, unless you're eating/drinking in Enniscorthy on a Sunday, there is no other reason why you would visit it.

They actively discourage people by closing.
    They're empty during the week in fairness never mind Sundays.

Polish Butcher/Store open at Pigmarket Hill.

The council are clueless...................they decided to close the road at the Vodafone shop today, so you couldn't head down towards the castle.....................You think they put up signs warning motorists it would be closed, not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The council are clueless

Old news...

:)

• Advertisement

Ye may all say sorry to the council,it's the contractor that has the stop/go system in place as they narrow the footpath at Stamps.They have signs up in The Square.

zerks wrote: »
    Ye may all say sorry to the council,it's the contractor that has the stop/go system in place as they narrow the footpath at Stamps.They have signs up in The Square.

I see that now......pity they didn't have it in place this morning instead of just shutting the road off and causing grid lock

They were working on it with jack hammers, diggers and God knows what until after midnight last night. Why is it that everything in Enniscorthy, no matter how insignificant, always ends up a shambles? As for the new pavement on Castle Hill...:rolleyes:

Park benches opposite Petitts are in a disgraceful state - they couldn't possibly be maintained could they.

Crystal Script has high tailed it to Wexford it seems.

Can't blame them,Enniscorthy is like the set of The Walking Dead at times.

Moving down to the vibrant shopping area of Slaney Street was a masterstroke.

Was lovely to witness a guy letting his greyhounds empty themselves on a green area at Moran Park the other morning,the missus stopped me from letting down the window to shout at him.Not even the covered area at Pettits is immune from it,had to play a quasi game of hopscotch to avoid the stuff all over the path.:mad:

The scourge of illegal dumping in the town's hinterland continues unabated despite the council & concerned locals best efforts.Even this morning as I brought the young lad to school there was rubbish strewn by the roadside.And as I made my return journey there was a fresh bag deposited on the road.

The scourge of illegal dumping in the town's hinterland continues unabated despite the council & concerned locals best efforts.Even this morning as I brought the young lad to school there was rubbish strewn by the roadside.And as I made my return journey there was a fresh bag deposited on the road.

And inevitably crows and rats rip them apart and it ends up strewn everywhere.
    Must be easier to pay for a bin than drive around with bags of rubbish looking for a dumping spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭lisij

hello people, please share this, labrador found in Enniscorthy

Advertisement