Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Search and Rescue chopper flying around town again this evening,flew North earlier and it's flying over the town again now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

lisij. All that is viewable in that link is a picture of a metal Skull and some Eastern European Apartment block. If you are linking us to a picture of a dog on FB then the picture needs to be viewable to the public. Also there are people who don't have FB accounts. The best thing to do is contact the ESPCA, the WSPCA or the NWSPCA on FB and let them spread the picture around.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭lisij

Navarre wrote: »
    lisij. All that is viewable in that link is a picture of a metal Skull and some Eastern European Apartment block. If you are linking us to a picture of a dog on FB then the picture needs to be viewable to the public. Also there are people who don't have FB accounts. The best thing to do is contact the ESPCA, the WSPCA or the NWSPCA on FB and let them spread the picture around.

apologies, owner had been found, pictures are removed that's why you cant see them :)

Once more Wexford puts this town to shame,had to go down there earlier to pick up some stuff (unavailable in Enniscorthy of course) and the town was packed.

Back in Enniscorthy the majority of those on the streets were CBS students on their break.

zerks wrote: »
    Saw some test holes have been dug in 'The Asses Field',it's near Mr.Price for those unfamiliar with it.There was talk of retail units going there before,maybe the plan is back in action again?
    I hope the people that dug them realise the place floods with the slightest bit of wet weather,there's natural springs around that area.

Planning permission notice just gone up at the entrance states it's Kehoes Blackwater,they also own the yard on Lower Shannon.
    Perhaps they are moving from The Shannon to there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

Not sure if it's been mentioned before if any of you knew about it, but there's a group page on facebook of people sharing some really old pictures of Enniscorthy & the people of Enniscorthy, Some great pictures! Not sure if I can link it put the group is called 'Enniscorthy History & Photos'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Akenny010 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before if any of you knew about it, but there's a group page on facebook of people sharing some really old pictures of Enniscorthy & the people of Enniscorthy, Some great pictures! Not sure if I can link it put the group is called 'Enniscorthy History & Photos'

Liz Wildes also has a Facebook page with some great photos of Enniscorthy and environs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Akenny010 wrote: »

Some of the pictures of the town are quite interesting.Rather surprising how little the buildings have changed.
    Apart from the Abbey Square it's all very familiar.

Anybody hear the rumours that Pennys is moving into the old Tesco building in Gorey as soon as Tesco move into their new store?

If true it's pretty damning on Dunnes here in town who refuse to allow anybody they see as competition move into their old premises on Rafter St.

I was looking for some electrical stuff the other day & as usual,it either couldn't be got in town or was overpriced,no wonder people travel out of the town.Enniscorthy is grand if you want cheap tat,charity shops or a haircut & a nice feed afterwards but that's it.
    Looking at the old photo's it reminds us that this used to be a thriving market town,now it's merely an empty shell which serves as a chokepoint for traffic.

Looks like a new unit opening in The Abbey Centre."Finnigans Findz"I think I saw over the door.Whatever that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks like a new unit opening in The Abbey Centre."Finnigans Findz"I think I saw over the door.Whatever that is.

Looking in the window yesterday and it appears to be another "tat'" shop - something in between Kavanaghs and the Chinese € Shop.

Meanwhile work is gathering pace in the old St.Mary's Church Institute but it's going to be a bottomless pit if you ask me. The computer shop on Parnell Road seems to have morphed into a sweet shop aimed at the kids from CBS - so we can look forward to even more rubbish on the green areas at the back gate to the school. Lots of other things happening around the town - some good and some not so...photographs and full report as soon as the weather picks up. :D

Posted in the General Chat thread that there's some severe weather forecast for the South East on Sunday night/Monday morning.
    The Slaney is already running high & that was before today's rain,coupled with what's forecast tomorrow night the town is at risk of flooding.I wonder has anybody in the Council made plans for this if it happens?

Posted in the General Chat thread that there's some severe weather forecast for the South East on Sunday night/Monday morning.
    The Slaney is already running high & that was before today's rain,coupled with what's forecast tomorrow night the town is at risk of flooding.I wonder has anybody in the Council made plans for this if it happens?

Normally on the ball in fairness.

Normally on the ball in fairness.

They are used to it at this stage I suppose,hopefully they won't get caught out due to a long weekend.

Property owners could have an all night vigil in store.

Speaking of property owners by the river,anybody know why Danny Murphy Furniture is closed?

ENNISCORTHY+OCT+2013+004.JPG

Top: The Slaney at around 10.30am this morning - high but not in immediate danger of bursting its banks.

Below: The graffiti I was banging on about in previous posts has, at last, been removed (?). Sadly, this has now provided a nice blank canvas for those idiots who must deface everything. Sand blasting/power washing would have been a better job.

ENNISCORTHY+OCT+2013+003.JPG

And, below, to end on a positive note, the small apartment/shop complex at the old Dunne's Stores carpark has just received a revamp and a smart new paint scheme. If only they could find some tenants for the shops that could make a go of them.

ENNISCORTHY+OCT+2013+001.JPG

Sunday indoor market in Senans Hospital for November in appears.No idea what might be in it.

Property owners could have an all night vigil in store.

Storm missed us,UK got hit hard.Seems we might have another next weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

anyone know why the pedestrian crossing was taken up outside lidl. was there the other day and was gone yesterday

• Advertisement

lynp27 wrote: »
    anyone know why the pedestrian crossing was taken up outside lidl. was there the other day and was gone yesterday

This and other questions like why is there a pedestrian crossing on Rafter Street will remain in the litany of error drawer pertaining to pedestrian crossings.

Sunday indoor market in Senans Hospital for November in appears.No idea what might be in it.

All stall allocations are booked out so should be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Any idea what time this is on at ?

paulaa wrote: »
    Any idea what time this is on at ?

Nine till three I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Nine till three I think.

Thank you

st-senans-indoor-market.jpg?w=620

Went down to the indoor market this morning,there were about 70 stalls in 2 sections of the hospital.Lots of collectibles and crafts amongst the usual clothes & toys.Picked up a few bits & pieces.Tea & coffee is also available there,goes down well with the homemade cupcakes & cookies.

Went down to the indoor market this morning,there were about 70 stalls in 2 sections of the hospital.Lots of collectibles and crafts amongst the usual clothes & toys.Picked up a few bits & pieces.Tea & coffee is also available there,goes down well with the homemade cupcakes & cookies.

You never said hello - or did you? Next time I'll wear my Judgement Day badge. :D

Anyway, it was a great first day and well supported by traders and the public. It's on again next Sunday, so be there or be square!

You never said hello - or did you? Next time I'll wear my Judgement Day badge. :D

Anyway, it was a great first day and well supported by traders and the public. It's on again next Sunday, so be there or be square!

It's gas,I was actually thinking that JD would love it,loads of stuff to interest him & lo & behold you were there.

• Advertisement

Some places people wake up to the Dawn Chorus of birds singing but in Enniscorthy it's frequently to the sound of dysfunctional burglar alarms. We go to sleep with the sound of them ringing in our ears too. For the last three days an alarm has been going off hourly in the Market Square. There's no visible light flashing and it's hard to be sure which building it's on - possibly the old TSB building but I can't be certain. I'm pretty sure that there's a byelaw which covers nuisance noise from burglar alarms and after three days is it too much to expect something to be done about it?

Advertisement