Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Here's an example of respect-NOT. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1306128/Wendy-Lewis-Disgusting-woman-urinated-war-memorial-escapes-jail.h

The nice tidy writing on the monument looks like a girl did it,wouldn't say it's a republican slogan-just a nickname being tagged on the monument.Still deeply disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

zerks wrote: »
    wouldn't say it's a republican slogan-just a nickname being tagged on the monument.Still deeply disrespectful.

Anything written on the monument, that is not written in stone, is unwelcome, unacceptable and very distressing.

Girl or boy? either way its a sad reflection of a empty brain, disrespectful & inexcusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The kip nite club may not have reopened yet but it's already making its presence felt. The alarm system went off last night at around 1am and wasn't shut off until this morning around 8am! I reported it to the Gardai at 7am. Sadly I feel that it is a portent of things to come and I suspect that my phone line to the Gardai may see further use once it opens. :(

Just had a breeze through the Tidy Town Report on Enniscorthy for 2010 here: http://www.tidytowns.ie/u_reports/2010/2010%20County%20Wexford%20Enniscorthy%20216.pdf and, surprisingly, the town increased its rating by 1 point on 2009. For a change the adjudicators appear to have actually visited the town but despite noting many of the things that I/we have been pointing out for ages (including the graffiti covered playground on the promenade) still seemed to think that things are heading in the right direction. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I'm all for debate so long as the points people are making are both valid and relevant.

Funny comment from someone that makes personal attacks when their point of view is disagreed with.When you say "valid and relevant" you mean "as long as it agrees with you" otherwise it's crap?You did nothing but slag me off when I disagreed with you on parking charges.........are you bipolar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

sundula wrote: »
    Cant believe that someone is going to open the Castle, i saw the 'interview' in the Echo a few weeks ago. I say interview loosely. 'This is not about money' was one quote. Well lucky for Mr. Kehoe because i cant see this town being able to sustain another night club and given the finances needed to turn The Castle into anything remotely able to compete with the spec and comfort of the competion is going to deem this project a financial black hole. '150k of his own money' has already being spent. 150k would just about gut the place and put in some base to start actually re-building the place. When PJ Doyle closed The Castle he basically locked the doors and walked away. As you can see by the picetures on the facebook page all the orginal fixtures and fittings were still place.

A clean, coat of paint and some new sofa's wont do anything for this place. I would be surprised if it didnt require major work to make health and safety and fire officer and licensing authorites happy.
    1. Full re-wire
    2. Full re-plumbing
    3. Refit male and female WC's with hot water at sinks
    4. Structure and insulation (fire rated)
    5. Fire Detection System
    6. Emergency / Backup Lighting
    7. New Bar / Counter / Shelving
    8. New Coldroom / Beer Lines / Taps / Coolers
    9. Fire Certificate - thats means you cant paddlock fire doors
    10. Decoration / Carpets / Tiling / Timber Floors
    11. Sound and Lighting System
    12. Heating / Ventilation / Air Con / Extraction

Then a bigger head ache if they are going to do food, coldroom, catering equipment, stainless steel fit out etc etc.

150k wont open this dump. It has had its day.

Taps with acutal water in them in the toilets - that would be a major improvement!

Remember the ad in the Echo every week for the Castle "With Millions Spent on it" - mmmmmm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You did nothing but slag me off when I disagreed with you on parking charges

Correction... I recommended keeping your views specific and to the point as opposed to ranting and raving about Christmas Parties, Champagne, Limos etc, etc, etc.

If you want to re-read the thread you'll see that where the actual topic of parking is discussed I participated in a respectful debate with those who made an effort to discuss the matter in a mature and sensible manner:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056023015

You just chose to take it as slagging, not my problem.

Get over it and move on.

Have seen in the ECHO that the Council have allocated houses in private estates to people,surely this is a crazy move when properties remain vacant in council estates around the town.I know developers are at the stage where the would sell houses to the devil if they got paid but in fairness many people are mortgaged to the hilt in private estates and to see houses beside them being allocated as council houses is a slap in the face.
    No offence meant to anybody living in council accomodation but it's ludicris spending money buying properties in private estates while perfectly good houses owned by the council are left empty and at the mercy of vandals.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Has anyone been down around the Clinic/promenade area of the town lately. I haven't been down that way in Months but today i had to find parking down there. The House's and the apartments at the back of the clinic are like a Ghetto. Rubbish everywhere,Broken windows boarded up and cars just abandoned instead of parked. I do hope an Enniscorthy councilperson is reading this post. This is disgraceful in this day and age to have a slum like that in the town.

I have posted this already in another thread.

Has anyone been down around the Clinic/promenade area of the town lately. I haven't been down that way in Months but today i had to find parking down there. The House's and the apartments at the back of the clinic are like a Ghetto. Rubbish everywhere,Broken windows boarded up and cars just abandoned instead of parked. I do hope an Enniscorthy councilperson is reading this post. This is disgraceful in this day and age to have a slum like that in the town.

• Advertisement

Has anyone been down around the Clinic/promenade area of the town laletly. I haven't been down that way in Months but today i had to find parking down there. The House's and the apartments at the back of the clinic are like a Getto. Rubbish everywhere,Broken windows boarded up and cars just abandoned instead of parked. I do hope an Enniscorthy counciler is reading this post. This is discrceful in this day and age.

I think issues like this highlight the fact that there's a significant portion of people living in this town that don't seem to give two phucks about the place and are happy to contribute towards it's demise.

scaller wrote: »
    . The House's and the apartments at the back of the clinic are like a Ghetto. Rubbish everywhere,Broken windows boarded up and cars just abandoned instead of parked.
    Looks bad alright. Its a pity really.

Correction... I recommended keeping your views specific and to the point as opposed to ranting and raving about Christmas Parties, Champagne, Limos etc, etc, etc.

If you want to re-read the thread you'll see that where the actual topic of parking is discussed I participated in a respectful debate with those who made an effort to discuss the matter in a mature and sensible manner:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056023015

You just chose to take it as slagging, not my problem.

Get over it and move on.

So..........the immature jpb1974 has taken me off his "ignore" list. That didn't last long. My comments were to the point, it's just that it disagreed with you. "I participated in a respectful debate" you state.........so name calling is respectful. Your household must be a happy one when someone disagrees with you, do you start calling them names? Why dont you "get over it and move on"....as you obviously have not done so far.

Lad's Can we stay on the Topic. I would rather not see this thread closed.

That area of town was meant to be a nice apartment block by the river but has turned into a cesspit with people living there that nobody want's as neighbours.Even the look of the place is off putting.
    On another note-great work on filling the potholes/craters on Shannon Hill :(,have the council never heard of one of these?
    790b11aef7308d52bef6cc724a401afa.jpg

New shop opening on Castle Street-any idea what it is?

Fashion accessories as far as I know. It is an established business relocating to the town.

Are motorist from Wexford road / Rafter Bridge colour blind or what?

3 days in a row now and motorist from Wexford still insist on parking on the yellow box on the Abbey Square - Abbey Quay junction. This blocks traffic from using the empty inside lane, leading to Templeshannon / Wexford and helps to block up the whole town. (Abbey Square roundabout, Castle Hill, Main Street, Duffry Gate etc)

If I were a Garda I'd wait near the box every afternoon, 3:30 - 5pm. Bound to catch a lot of colour blind or plane stupid motorist parked on the box. Lots of fines might send the message - stay off the box, its an offence to block the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Silent Shrill

Pretty much agree with what you are all saying, I never defaced anything as a youngster, nor ever thought of it. But the last 3 posts are sounding like you know every person in the areas you state. If any of these people read these posts it will probably make them want to create more carnage. Are you positive all the people in those areas you state are all as you stated? I used to hear the odd murmour at one time of "he/she lives up the shannon", and not in a nice way, so am I to assume that all people "up the shannon" are bad?
    Another point is that someone rents these properties out, are any of these from the locality?
    No matter where you live/work there is always going to be "undesirables", that's a fact of life, but there are a great deal of so-called "respectable" families that have the odd "undesirable" in the family. Should we call all those families that live within the "respectable/undesirable" families location "undesirables", and talk about them as if they are crap?

But the last 3 posts are sounding like you know every person in the areas you state. If any of these people read these posts it will probably make them want to create more carnage. Are you positive all the people in those areas you state are all as you stated?

I'm not sure what way you have read these posts but I don't for a second see anyone attempting to tar groups of people (based on where they live) with the same brush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The people parking on the double yellow line at the Bank of Ireland is just terrible, someone will be hurt or killed there sometime, a big truck or bus coming around the corner will knock down some eejit getting out of his car, because he's "only parkin dare fur a minit"
    Only when something like this happens will something be done.
    Lazy fools who cant go up the road a bit a park somewhere else, can they not see the DOUBLE YELLOW LINE.

I'm not sure what way you have read these posts but I don't for a second see anyone attempting to tar groups of people (based on where they live) with the same brush.

The last 3 posts: quoted
    From Scaller
    "The House's and the apartments at the back of the clinic are like a Ghetto. Rubbish everywhere,Broken windows boarded up and cars just abandoned instead of parked. I do hope an Enniscorthy councilperson is reading this post. This is disgraceful in this day and age to have a slum like that in the town. "

From jpb1974, using the above quote
    "I think issues like this highlight the fact that there's a significant portion of people living in this town that don't seem to give two phucks about the place and are happy to contribute towards it's demise."

From Zerks
    "That area of town was meant to be a nice apartment block by the river but has turned into a cesspit with people living there that nobody want's as neighbours.Even the look of the place is off putting."

As I stated in my previous post, you are "tarring" the area and the people that live in it. The 3 comments above prove that. I dont understand why you are trying to defend yourself when it is in black and white. No use trying to make me out to have read something that is not there, I'm not the only one who read it the same as myself. Trying to make me out to be a fool is not the way to defend your actions. Take responsibility for your own posts and dont use my comments in your defence.

As I stated in my previous post, you are "tarring" the area and the people that live in it. The 3 comments above prove that. I dont understand why you are trying to defend yourself when it is in black and white. No use trying to make me out to have read something that is not there, I'm not the only one who read it the same as myself. Trying to make me out to be a fool is not the way to defend your actions. Take responsibility for your own posts and dont use my comments in your defence.

A LIFE OF GRIME ENNISCORTHY

Silent Shrill. Regardless of the Area the Point here Is it's DIRT and RUBBISH is what people will see first when they walk by these apartments.
    I am pointing out that at this day and age what i saw at a new apartment block and housing development is totally unacceptable. If i saw the same rubbish and boarded up windows in any other part of the town Shannon or st Aidans side or any part of the country i would still highlight it Regardless if people feel i am tarring them. Dirt and Rubbish is Unacceptable Broken windows boarded up is Unacceptable . There are People in all walks of life who don't give a ****e about Dirt and rubbish and wont pay for wheelie bins. It's up to the owners of these apartments to check who they rent to and it's up the owners to keep these apartments clean that's if the tenants don't. The council should act on this.

you are "tarring" the area and the people that live in it.
    Incorrect. We're tarring the people that are responsible for areas of the town becoming run down and littered... that simply does not include innocent parties, only those who are responsible.

My parents live in The Moyne and suffer from people dumping bags of beer cans in their garden on a regular basis. Based on your logic if I highlight this fact does that mean I am tarring everyone in The Moyne, including my own parents, as litter offenders? I don't think so.
    Trying to make me out to be a fool is not the way to defend your actions.
    Not quite sure how I tried to make you look like a fool... I just stated what I believe to be a fact.
    No use trying to make me out to have read something that is not there
    Unfortunately you already have...
    Take responsibility for your own posts and dont use my comments in your defence.
    So let me see... you're right and I'm wrong and I shouldn't say a thing to defend myself... ah right... I see... let me go get my blinkers on too.

BTW - For what it's worth I'm originally from the Shannon and lived there up till about 20 years of age... I still have aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends that live up there... if that's any conciliation to you.

enniscorthy+001.JPG

http://countywexford.blogspot.com/

I used to hear the odd murmour at one time of "he/she lives up the shannon", and not in a nice way, so am I to assume that all people "up the shannon" are bad?

Well do you?

Well you certainly seem to have got your knickers in a twist over this. You all made the statements, not me. Adding on to those statements makes you look foolish. Trying to make out I am responsible for those statements will not work. You wrote what you wrote, be grown-ups and admit to it. Who are you 3? the 3 muskateers? Giving thanks to each other for supporting your own statements. Why dont the 3 of you start your own thread "only the 3 are allowed to comment on this thread". That way you can make all the ridicule you like about who you like and the rest of us can get a good laugh out of it. If you're so worried about the filth, grime, and general dispair you talk about, go and do something about it, but snipping my comments to suit yours will not do it. Why dont the 3 of you go on a litter picking exercise 1 day a week........then you can come on and say what good citizens you are.

Why dont the 3 of you start your own thread "only the 3 are allowed to comment on this thread".

Because that would be silly... and only a silly person would actually even contemplate it.
    Why dont the 3 of you go on a litter picking exercise 1 day a week
    I already do.

And whilst we're on a roll -

Why don't you go back to your GP and tell them the medication you were prescribed isn't agreeing with you.
    I used to hear the odd murmour at one time of "he/she lives up the shannon", and not in a nice way, so am I to assume that all people "up the shannon" are bad?

You have in fact taken this sort of small minded logic and applied it to comments that were in no way made to slate ever single person living in a particular area. The fact of the matter is that the only person tarring at the moment is you. You've taken people's comments and mutilated their honest intentions via your own screwed up logic.

One for all... and all for one!

Well you certainly seem to have got your knickers in a twist over this. You all made the statements, not me. Adding on to those statements makes you look foolish. Trying to make out I am responsible for those statements will not work. You wrote what you wrote, be grown-ups and admit to it. Who are you 3? the 3 muskateers? Giving thanks to each other for supporting your own statements. Why dont the 3 of you start your own thread "only the 3 are allowed to comment on this thread". That way you can make all the ridicule you like about who you like and the rest of us can get a good laugh out of it. If you're so worried about the filth, grime, and general dispair you talk about, go and do something about it, but snipping my comments to suit yours will not do it. Why dont the 3 of you go on a litter picking exercise 1 day a week........then you can come on and say what good citizens you are.

Silent Shrill. I don't Know what 3 you are on about. Or the size of the Tablets you take.
    But anyhow Welcome to boards.ie and the world of Debating.

• Advertisement

Have to agree with you silentshrill. The posts you are writing about say as you state. Unfortunately the 3 individuals concerned cannot see this. Perhaps "Porthos" will snip up my post to make himself look good, as he seems to do that with everyone that disagrees with him.:cool:

Advertisement