Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

oldyouth wrote: »
    While I appreciate that the majority of people here are only reporting the reality of the situation in Enniscorthy, the negative picture being constantly portrayed would put me off a shopping visit to my neighbouring town

Trust me.. you should be thanking people... fuel and time saved.

Although we do have possibly the finest selection of charity shops in the county, if that's your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

oldyouth wrote: »
    While I appreciate that the majority of people here are only reporting the reality of the situation in Enniscorthy, the negative picture being constantly portrayed would put me off a shopping visit to my neighbouring town

He He a shopping visit .Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

efc67 wrote: »

Menu looks very tasty and priced very well. €10.00 for Sunday Lunch, can't go wrong there.

Must stop by soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Trust me.. you should be thanking people... fuel and time saved.

Although we do have possibly the finest selection of charity shops in the county, if that's your thing.

+1

Charity shops,a few boutiques and enough chippers to feed Texas.If you want to buy something you actually need,don't bother with Enniscorthy.

It wouldn't take much to turn the situation around but due to narrow-mindedness that probably will never happen.Progress is a bad word amongst the establishment here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I've done the bulk of my Christmas shopping online (Amazon/eBay etc) - that's just the way it always is these days - but I bought my tree from Jackser this evening. I noticed on my way through town this morning that a hole had been smashed in a window in "The Jewellery Centre" on the Market Square and "The Cotton Tree" Cafe had also had a window broken - I won't even mention the state of things over in Templeshannon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

I've done the bulk of my Christmas shopping online (Amazon/eBay etc) - that's just the way it always is these days - but I bought my tree from Jackser this evening. I noticed on my way through town this morning that a hole had been smashed in a window in "The Jewellery Centre" on the Market Square and "The Cotton Tree" Cafe had also had a window broken - I won't even mention the state of things over in Templeshannon. :(

Templeshannon is a **** hole, but thank god they are about to do something with it....Electric cables going underground, my wife used to have a hairdressers over there, thank **** she moved up town, people coming out of the salon and 40ft artics inches away from you

efc67 wrote: »
    Templeshannon is a **** hole, but thank god they are about to do something with it....Electric cables going underground, my wife used to have a hairdressers over there, thank **** she moved up town, people coming out of the salon and 40ft artics inches away from you

Remember when Anton Treacy came up with an idea to pedestrianise it on weekend nights,as usual the objectors won.I've been to other towns & cities abroad where they do that & there's never a problem.The only traffic allowed on Mary St. in Cardiff on weekend nights are police & ambulances.Anyone who's been there for a rugby game will be familiar with it.
    A trick was missed there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

zerks wrote: »
    Remember when Anton Treacy came up with an idea to pedestrianise it on weekend nights,as usual the objectors won.I've been to other towns & cities abroad where they do that & there's never a problem.The only traffic allowed on Mary St. in Cardiff on weekend nights are police & ambulances.Anyone who's been there for a rugby game will be familiar with it.
    A trick was missed there imo.

Yes and he also offered to pay for the cables to go underground as well, well and truly a trick missed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

people coming out of the salon and 40ft artics inches away from you

To be honest it's a joke up there... the number of HGVs going up and down, no room for two way traffic at the bend where that old graveyard is and then 3-4 parked across one lane of the road where Hendricks do the tyres... it's a disaster.

The dogsh1t epidemic shows no sign of abating,the footpath from the top of Bohreen hill all the way to Spencers Court was like a minefield this morning with piles of the stuff literally every couple of feet.:mad:

• Advertisement

The Farmers Market is on Rafter St. today & it's good to see,brings a bit of life to the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

The Farmers Market is on Rafter St. today & it's good to see,brings a bit of life to the street.

Pity they cant use the old Dunne's, it would be the ideal premises for stalls during winter.

I hear that our local "minority" made the pages of The Star yesterday due to their behaviour at mass on Christmas Day with the 12.30 service almost being abandoned due to them behaving as if they were at a horse fair rather than in a place of worship.

I hear that our local "minority" made the pages of The Star yesterday due to their behaviour at mass on Christmas Day with the 12.30 service almost being abandoned due to them behaving as if they were at a horse fair rather than in a place of worship.

Was it a visiting minority?

kneemos wrote: »

I'd say so boss;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

The same minority that basically clogged up the entire town on Christmas Eve basically parking everywhere they weren't meant to. Outside Dunnes was interesting, illegally parked on both sides of the roads along with double parking at numerous parts of the town.

I had a few small last minute things to pick up, thought I'd go to Enniscorthy rather than the hassle of getting in and out of Wexford but won't be making the same mistake again next year

Looks like sand bags are being deployed on the Quay.Don't think the river looks particularly high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

The river is very high further north and has burst its banks along by Ryland road in Bunclody. I hope Enniscorthy doesn't get flooded again - how much can one small town take?

Looks like sand bags are being deployed on the Quay.Don't think the river looks particularly high though.

More heavy rain forecast over the coming few days,the ground is saturated so all rainwater is heading straight for the rivers.

More heavy rain forecast over the coming few days,the ground is saturated so all rainwater is heading straight for the rivers.

Gale force SE winds and high tides expected tomorrow...apparently.

• Advertisement

McG's didn't last long.Closed up since just before Christmas.

The TSB is being gutted.Didn't realise they'd actually bought the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The TSB is being gutted.Didn't realise they'd actually bought the place.

Thanks - just ran out and had a look but there's no salvage. Not a skip in sight! :D

Apparently €275,000 paid for it by the SVP and just what the town needs in a pivotal landmark building. :rolleyes:

Thanks - just ran out and had a look but there's no salvage. Not a skip in sight! :D

Apparently €275,000 paid for it by the SVP and just what the town needs in a pivotal landmark building. :rolleyes:

The town should get an award for it's contribution to charity,we've enough of their shops anyway.

Seaking hovering over the town again???

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Seaking hovering over the town again???

It has went twice past my house who is seeking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

BdsGKFPIYAAq-Th.jpg:large

They took this pic on their way through Enniscorthy this morning

BdsGKFPIYAAq-Th.jpg:large

They took this pic on their way through Enniscorthy this morning

Where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Rescue 117 FB page

• Advertisement

__oc__ wrote: »
    It has went twice past my house who is seeking?

Most expensive game of Where's Wally ever.

Advertisement