Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    The sandbags are being deployed again.

Actually being collected.My mistake.

Spotted that,has anyone seen the forecast for tomorrow?:eek:

Take a peek in the weather forum,not looking good at all.If the storm hits where they think it will then it's gonna be very very bad for our neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Wexford/hour_by_hour.html

That's the most accurate weather site I've come across. Doesn't seem too bad tomorrow, a bit windy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I note that the Council are continuing to deal with my complaints - if only. The broken pavement on Church Street has been repaired and they've recently refurbished two of the seats opposite Pettitt's at the Duffry. That said the repainting revarnishing of the seats (which should be an annual job) has been crudely done and instead of sanding the burn (!) marks off, they've just varnished them over. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Where have all the water meter installers disappeared to?They were round every corner a whole ago now not a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

kneemos wrote: »
    Where have all the water meter installers disappeared to?They were round every corner a whole ago now not a sign.

They have all moved out to Bree. You can have them back if you want them.

• Advertisement

TheChevron wrote: »

That's the most accurate weather site I've come across. Doesn't seem too bad tomorrow, a bit windy.

It gave 3mm of rain fir tomorrow earlier on now it's giving 7mm.It's easy to be accurate if your constantly changing your predictions.
    Friday looks very wet if it is as accurate as you say.

TheChevron wrote: »

I think this actual forecast beats that,the forecast on the site you linked to is akin to looking out your window every hour.Met Eireann have issued weather alerts for today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88962331&postcount=766

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

7v1jh.jpg

Trees down at the graveyard and the Bunclody road for anyone travelling that direction.

Was up along the Slaney & it's rising again along with the tributaries,of course every sandbag that was deployed have now been removed.Extremely heavy rain now and it's moving up along the country.

• Advertisement

New tattoo parlour open in Templeshannon & Pa's Furniture opened in the premises that was formerly Danny Murphy's Furniture on the Quay.

zerks wrote: »
    New tattoo parlour open in Templeshannon & Pa's Furniture opened in the premises that was formerly Danny Murphy's Furniture on the Quay.

Another tattoo parlour in the old barber shop on Wearer Street.

Apparently Pa's Furniture is just Danny Murphy's in a new incarnation. Great to see all the tattoo parlours opening up, all we need now is the 'head' shops back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haron

Great to see all the tattoo parlours opening up, all we need now is the 'head' shops back
    head shops and tattoo parlours I don't see the connection. do tattoo parlours sell mind altering drugs to teens?

Apparently Pa's Furniture is just Danny Murphy's in a new incarnation. :

It's actually been opened by the owners of SlaneySide Furniture in Scarawalsh.

Local papers reporting on the spate of burglaries around the town,it's becoming an epidemic at this stage.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Apparently Pa's Furniture is just Danny Murphy's in a new incarnation. Great to see all the tattoo parlours opening up, all we need now is the 'head' shops back. :rolleyes:

Better to leave the shops empty I suppose, let them fall to ruin god forbid someone gets a tattoo. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Southeast Animalrescue are opening a charity shop next door to the Antique tavern in Slaney Street.

paulaa wrote: »
    Southeast Animalrescue are opening a charity shop next door to the Antique tavern in Slaney Street.

Can't see that lasting long. Rent on that shop was €100 pw + rates and there's zero footfall. Just how many more charity shops can one small town take.

I was struggling up Rafter Street this morning, trying to avoid the tumbleweed, when I past a macho man with three large dogs that had just deposited a large amount of ......in the middle of the street. Nice - but I needn't have worried as two army jeeps and the money truck reversed over it all on their way to the Ulster Bank. :rolleyes:

PS I'm very fond of dogs but not of some of their owners.

Another year on and it's good to see that Wrigley's continued sponsorship of An Taisce's National Spring Clean campaign http://www.nationalspringclean.org continues to have such an impact. :rolleyes:

gum+001.JPG

A small section of the new paving in Enniscorthy (outside Sam McCauley's) and which is typical of all the rest of Court Street, Rafter Street, Church Street and the road between the Market Square and Dunnes Stores. What sort of education are the inmates of Enniscorthy's schools receiving? Basic civic responsibility needs to be instilled in the kids from an early age - they are wrecking their own town.

• Advertisement

The massive holes re-appeared on the Templeshannon side of the Old Bridge,I noticed somebody "filled" them this morning.That should last until about 4pm.A job well done:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Yeah ,Rain forecast later, holes should be back then.

St.Patrick's Day in Enniscorthy. Early this morning the permanently hired (?) cherry picker was bleeping about on the Market Square and I thought that the council must be decorating the place - at the 11th hour - for the parade. Went out for a look a few minutes ago and the town was devoid of man or beast (or St.Patrick's Day bunting). I'll go for a pint before the hordes descend on the town and then home with the shutters barred over to keep out the racket. Ah, Ireland in the rare ould times - where would you get it. :D

Update: Fellas shouting over a tannoy in the Market Square, skiddley ****e like "The Irish Rover" blasting out to nobody in particular, hordes of people milling aimlessly up and down the streets - do they really expect the parade to be any less embarrassing this year. Still tonight to get through as well. I'd head out to Redmond's at Scarawalsh for a bit of peace and quiet if I could depend on the house still being here when I got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Update: Fellas shouting over a tannoy in the Market Square, skiddley ****e like "The Irish Rover" blasting out to nobody in particular, hordes of people milling aimlessly up and down the streets - do they really expect the parade to be any less embarrassing this year. Still tonight to get through as well. I'd head out to Redmond's at Scarawalsh for a bit of peace and quiet if I could depend on the house still being here when I got back.

Is Redmond's still open JD? Might give it a turn next time I'm around....how about Nicky Doyle's in The Still? I'd say he's closed, is he?

blindsider wrote: »
    Is Redmond's still open JD? Might give it a turn next time I'm around....how about Nicky Doyle's in The Still? I'd say he's closed, is he?

Redmond's still going strong but not open until the evenings most days. As for Doyle's I'm not sure but I think it's still going too.

The parade - such as it was was over by 4.15. Castle Street was then blocked off for 30 minutes while there was more disco stuff in the Square but by 4.45 the road was reopened and the music died. As darkness falls the town will be given over to the drunks and boy racers.

I really don't know why they don't stop having an annual parade and do it properly every 3/4 years instead. Today's was one of the worst I've seen in a while. The same few fire trucks, some 'barely' vintage tractors, artic tractor units (with no attempt at decoration), a drain cleaner, muck spreaders, a pipe band plus some redcoats and pikemen. The whole thing was shambolic as usual with the parade so spread out that there were people walking against it at one point and the kids from Enniscorthy Rugby Club were so far ahead of the rest that it seemed they were involved in a different event. :rolleyes:

The aftermath of the parade especially on Slaney Street was unreal & not in a good way as the whole place ended up being destroyed in spray paint & foam by teens acting the bollix & giving the Gardai grief.

BTW,special mention must go to a certain taxi driver who somehow managed to end up facing the parade right at the viewing stand as he managed to drive the wrong way down the road & had 2 other cars following him.

blindsider wrote: »

Doyles of the Still is going strong,gets a regular crowd pretty much every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

BTW,special mention must go to a certain taxi driver who somehow managed to end up facing the parade right at the viewing stand as he managed to drive the wrong way down the road & had 2 other cars following him.

Plenty of theories on what happened to turn flight MH370 off its intended path but I wouldn't mind hearing a few on what these people were doing exiting the roundabout to head the wrong way towards the new bridge - when the place was packed with parade watchers. Lunatics - and not a boy-racer in sight.

The look on the face of the young female garda driving the squad car was classic - wtf? :confused:

• Advertisement

jordata wrote: »
    Plenty of theories on what happened to turn flight MH370 off its intended path but I wouldn't mind hearing a few on what these people were doing exiting the roundabout to head the wrong way towards the new bridge - when the place was packed with parade watchers. Lunatics - and not a boy-racer in sight.

The look on the face of the young female garda driving the squad car was classic - wtf? :confused:

The guy in the first car owns a cab,wouldn't you think out of all 3 of them,he'd know better?

Advertisement