Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

EUSTY500 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they contacted successful applicants for appearing in the film? My son went along to the casting session for extras day last Friday but hasn't heard anything yet....

Im gutted! miss a call yesterday 086 number, only rang twice, didnt make it to phone on time, read this this morning, i forgot all about it, and thought could this have be them that rang me ,so rang just now, sure enought it was ,bloke answer and said it was about extras for brooklyns film and they have enough people for today now, why didnt i ring back,sh..t..!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The former Evolv premises on Castle Street this morning - transformation complete.

brooklyn+28+002.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Castle St. looking well.........pity there's nobody around the town to appreciate it.Had to go down town to get a few bits & pieces,the town centre @ 11.30am on a Friday which is traditionally the busy shopping day was almost deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

zerks wrote: »
    Castle St. looking well.........pity there's nobody around the town to appreciate it.Had to go down town to get a few bits & pieces,the town centre @ 11.30am on a Friday which is traditionally the busy shopping day was almost deserted.

Remember that on election day, and think about austerity, and the fat cats living at the top, insisting on its imposition. Do not mean to derail the thread, but the same applies to all towns and villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

You must've been around at the wrong time! I was down town at about 2.30-3ish and castle street was busy! Lots of people around having a look at the shops. Unfortunately they're not real!

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    You must've been around at the wrong time! I was down town at about 2.30-3ish and castle street was busy! Lots of people around having a look at the shops. Unfortunately they're not real!

All well & good looking around,they'll all be in Wexford tomorrow doing their shopping.

Town still heaving with people all day today (Castle Street anyway) and there's some amount of photographs being taken. She who must still be obeyed got a part as an extra - Saoirse Ronan look-out! :D

ibar.JPG

Brooklyn+Set+30+March+2014+007.JPG
    An Siopa Brog as you've not seen it before.

Brooklyn+Set+30+March+2014+004.JPG
    The old internet cafe now the dead centre of town.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

With all the buzz about the place with Brooklyn been filmed. And the way the buildings are been transformed into old style themed shops. Would it not be in the best interest of Enniscorthy if the council and shopkeepers pay attention and get all the shops or old buildings in the center of town decorated old style, it surely will attract visitors from afar and especially when the film is aired. The facebook page Enniscorthy history and photos have lovely pics of old Enniscorthy. After all Enniscorthy is a old market town

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

Navarre wrote: »
    With all the buzz about the place with Brooklyn been filmed. And the way the buildings are been transformed into old style themed shops. Would it not be in the best interest of Enniscorthy if the council and shopkeepers pay attention and get all the shops or old buildings in the center of town decorated old style, it surely will attract visitors from afar and especially when the film is aired. The facebook page Enniscorthy history and photos have lovely pics of old Enniscorthy. After all Enniscorthy is a old market town

That is a fantastic idea. The concept is already proven by the amount of people seen attracted to the few shop fronts already transforned.

IsaBrown wrote: »
    That is a fantastic idea. The concept is already proven by the amount of people seen attracted to the few shop fronts already transforned.

All it takes is the shopkeepers to get together with the council and and discuss it. Looking at the old pictures of the town on FB could give ideas. It would create jobs for local carpenters and painters even if the council gave shopkeepers a small grant to do up the shop fronts it would still be a big benefit in the long run with people traveling from afar to see where Brooklyn was filmed.

• Advertisement

Navarre wrote: »
    All it takes is the shopkeepers to get together with the council and and discuss it. Looking at the old pictures of the town on FB could give ideas. It would create jobs for local carpenters and painters even if the council gave shopkeepers a small grant to do up the shop fronts it would still be a big benefit in the long run with people traveling from afar to see where Brooklyn was filmed.

Actually I was talking about this very subject to a couple of people today,I think JD actually mentioned it on this thread a long time ago & contrasted the town to the likes of Clonakilty who encourage shops to look this way.

Them monstrosity of steps in the market square should be done away with for starters.

Filming started this morning at about 8.30 - the film crew were working flat-out on the street from 6.00am - and as somebody famous once said “War is sometimes described as long periods of boredom punctuated by short moments of excitement" and thus it is with film making. Long periods of people standing about waiting for something to happen, punctuated by shouts of "quiet" as a scene in shot, and re-shot, and re-shot.....you get the point. The town is full of Gardai so at least O'Brien's will be doing well. :D

The town is full of Gardai so at least O'Brien's will be doing well. :D

Mace not good enough for them any more? Notions!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How much does an extra get per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Why the dirt road?we had paving in the fifties.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

kneemos wrote: »
    Why the dirt road?we had paving in the fifties.

Didn't have double yellow lines though

The town got a mention on Ray Darcy's show,wasn't sure how to take his line of "they've cleaned up the town for filming".

Hope they don't need to film scenes on the back roads surrounding the town,I'm pretty sure in 1950's Ireland the ditches weren't full of rubbish bags.Came across more yesterday dumped near Monart Spa where the actors are staying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The town got a mention on Ray Darcy's show,wasn't sure how to take his line of "they've cleaned up the town for filming".

Hope they don't need to film scenes on the back roads surrounding the town,I'm pretty sure in 1950's Ireland the ditches weren't full of rubbish bags.Came across more yesterday dumped near Monart Spa where the actors are staying.

The roads were in better condition in the 50's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

When you see how much difference a coat of paint and a little bit of imagination makes, there's no excuse for the town to look as shabby as it has up to now.

The road from the Still to Killanne is a total disgrace with rubbish

• Advertisement

paulaa wrote: »
    The road from the Still to Killanne is a total disgrace with rubbish

There were clothes strewn all along the Milehouse road to the Still,if the person(s) that dumped them came from town they would have driven past the clothes bank at Aldi plus there's a shop in town that pays you for them,daft!!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

vicwatson wrote: »
    How much does an extra get per day?

with no speaking 90 euro, with a few lines 120 and if ya have a decent part 400!! (what i was told)

amandaf675 wrote: »
    with no speaking 90 euro, with a few lines 120 and if ya have a decent part 400!! (what i was told)

Thought you needed an equity card for a speaking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

ive no idea tbh. Thats just what i was told!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

There were clothes strewn all along the Milehouse road to the Still,if the person(s) that dumped them came from town they would have driven past the clothes bank at Aldi plus there's a shop in town that pays you for them,daft!!

Saw this - disgusting! Cherryorchard to the Still is the same. Isn't it sad how the careless actions of a few can ruin things for everyone else?

Filming on Lower Church Street tomorrow.

Who are the main actors?

Anyone get any pictures of the filming/cast ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone get any pictures of the filming/cast ??

Search Pat Sheridan photography or Liz Wildes photography. Both have been shooting up there since filming started and have been displaying them on their websites / Facebook etc. (I don't want to put the shots up here in case of copyright etc.)

Pat got a great shot of the lead, Saoirse Ronan on the set.

DC

Advertisement