Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

They're a pain in the nuts tbh. I went down last week to have a look at the court street filming and despite being first at the railing I was being slowly pushed back by the muppets. That lir Sheridan thinks he's the business. I held my ground despite his passive aggressive bullying. Big camera- Small willy.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

jca wrote: »
    They're a pain in the nuts tbh. I went down last week to have a look at the court street filming and despite being first at the railing I was being slowly pushed back by the muppets. That lir Sheridan thinks he's the business. I held my ground despite his passive aggressive bullying. Big camera- Small willy.

The question asked was whether any photographs had been taken....not willy size....you're being a bit personal about that photographer on an open forum aren't you?

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Notice a sold sign in the old Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

kneemos wrote: »
    Notice a sold sign in the old Bank of Ireland.

New restaurant going in there, but from what i have heard they are not planning on doing anything for a while at least

Decoda wrote: »
    The question asked was whether any photographs had been taken....not willy size....you're being a bit personal about that photographer on an open forum aren't you?

DC

Yea, Well the only photographer there with any manners was John Walsh and he has good reason to be there as he works for the newspapers. The rest of the Facebook amateurs were rude bullys. I didn't bother going for a look anymore. I was driving down by the cathedral earlier and true to form they were hogging the railings again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Early bird and all that...I know several people, myself included, who took lots of pics and I didn't see any rudeness and the film crew were nice to deal with too. :)

Early bird and all that...I know several people, myself included, who took lots of pics and I didn't see any rudeness and the film crew were nice to deal with too. :)
    I was one of the first there for the evening filming session on Court street. Had no problem with John Walsh who's a decent professional photographer. I wasn't there to be sucking up to the film crew they have a tough enough job without me tormenting them. It's the other amateur photographers taking over the few viewing positions that really got on my wick:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Teagasc have released the figures for the most economically depressed towns in Ireland,Bunclody is the worst with Enniscorthy not far behind.

Not surprised by that at all.Gorey looks to be in a healthy state.

http://www.thejournal.ie/rural-towns-economy-ireland-1410348-Apr2014/

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2014/04/teagascruraltownsindex.pdf

Notice up in the window of what was Ziggy's Hairdressing that another one is opening soon.

Anyone around unlocking phones for cheap?

• Advertisement

I think the guy in the Internet cafe at the old bridge does them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The guy in Inch market.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The shop at the bottom of Slaney street or the internet cafe at the old bridge are the only 2 in Enniscorthy that i know of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Anyone have any idea wtf they're doing to Vinegar Hill?

Wellyd wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea wtf they're doing to Vinegar Hill?

Digging it out so those of us behind the hill can get the uk freeview:D Probably another bloody re-enactment in June....:rolleyes:

Cloaks looks fairly gutted,caught fire earlier.

Cloaks looks fairly gutted,caught fire earlier.

Sure does, caught fire when there was nobody there at lunchtime. Still it provided a bit of excitement for the populace - not as good as Murphy Floods though.

Clokes Electrical/Music store burnt down?

I see the florist opposite the Cathedral is closed down now.I was reading an article on The Journal about out of town shopping killing town centres,we don't have out of town shopping yet the town is still dying.The general consensus when talking to anybody is "you can't get anything you feckin' want in this place."

zerks wrote: »

I see the florist opposite the Cathedral is closed down now.I was reading an article on The Journal about out of town shopping killing town centres,we don't have out of town shopping yet the town is still dying.The general consensus when talking to anybody is "you can't get anything you feckin' want in this place."

Burnt out rather than
    down,smell it from the square.
    Hopefully he gets back to normal must be hard to compete in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

I wonder about businesses too moaning that sales are way down yet they still stock the same things year after year, never try anything different.

• Advertisement

geeksauce wrote: »
    I wonder about businesses too moaning that sales are way down yet they still stock the same things year after year, never try anything different.

I'm not on facebook but the OH showed me the Get Shops into Enniscorthy page,one comment was very telling & so true,it read "so folks,did you enjoy Easter in Enniscorthy with nothing for your kids to do?" Somebody replied with "sure,there's the Prom & Borodale." Lol.So dodging dog crap on the Prom is seen as an activity for kids & teenagers in the town.

The florists shop has moved down the street to the old pottery shop. The 'strange' massage (?) business on Castle Hill (formerly Tuan) has also gone - didn't last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

I'm not on facebook but the OH showed me the Get Shops into Enniscorthy page,one comment was very telling & so true,it read "so folks,did you enjoy Easter in Enniscorthy with nothing for your kids to do?" Somebody replied with "sure,there's the Prom & Borodale." Lol.So dodging dog crap on the Prom is seen as an activity for kids & teenagers in the town.

At least they are getting some fresh air.

geeksauce wrote: »
    At least they are getting some fresh air.

They aren't as they'd rather sit inside than go for strolls.Even for a kids birthday if you want a venue rather than turn your home into a bomb site you need to go to Wexford or Gorey,the likes of Playzone etc. are making a fortune and week after week groups from the town are heading to them.Nothing in this town for kids just to have a bit of fun,even the playgrounds are looking like something you'd see in Chernobyl.

The Polish (?) owned Jean shop on Rafter Street had one of its windows put in my some local worthy last night. Where are the Gardai? It's getting to the stage now where local businesses would be better off paying private contractors to patrol the streets at night.

A couple of properties on Slaney St. were sold at the latest Allsops Auction,the mill at Kilcarbery was withdrawn prior to the auction.

The Antique was sold for €260,000 on Friday. I hear Dawsons are looking in excess of €300,000..... Some hope..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hi guys.
    The OH and I are taking a break in Enniscorthy this coming weekend and I was wondering if ye could recommend a nice Indian or Chinese restaurant.

Hi guys.
    The OH and I are taking a break in Enniscorthy this coming weekend and I was wondering if ye could recommend a nice Indian or Chinese restaurant.

The anar kali in rafter street is a good indian. There are two chinese restaurants in town, Golden City and The Maple Leaf. For a sit down meal the Maple Leaf at the top of rafter street is probably the better of the two. The thai restaurant in Treacys hotel is supposed to be nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

jca wrote: »
    The anar kali in rafter street is a good indian. There are two chinese restaurants in town, Golden City and The Maple Leaf. For a sit down meal the Maple Leaf at the top of rafter street is probably the better of the two. The thai restaurant in Treacys hotel is supposed to be nice too.

I ate in the Thai in Treacys the last time I was home (about two years ago) and it was a very enjoyable meal. Nice wine, too. :)

Advertisement