Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Thanks guys. I shall pass them on to the other half to choose.
    Looking like I picked the right weekend for a trip down.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

If you fancy an Italian, Try http://www.viaveneto.ie/ or if you want a meal with a pint then you wont beat The Baily http://www.thebailey.ie/ they serve food/dinner till 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Navarre wrote: »
    If you fancy an Italian, Try http://www.viaveneto.ie/ or if you want a meal with a pint then you wont beat The Baily http://www.thebailey.ie/ they serve food/dinner till 9pm.

I'll second that, the last time I was home I paid a few visits to the Bailey. Good food and they pour a decent pint too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sadly, my experience of "The Bailey" has been poor and I won't be back. Good service (possibly OTT) but mediocre food.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The former florist shop at the Cathedral has a new tenant,an E-Cig store is open there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

zerks wrote: »
    The former florist shop at the Cathedral has a new tenant,an E-Cig store is open there.

Just to let you know that an e-cig store ( Vapour-pal ) opened in New ross 4 weeks ago , and is now closed again .
    They're moving out of town , the business not viable .

zerks wrote: »

Just what the town needs. :rolleyes:

Just what the town needs. :rolleyes:

I don't smoke but certainly prefer these to having people smoking around me.No cigarette butts being thrown around the place either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Just to let you know that an e-cig store ( Vapour-pal ) opened in New ross 4 weeks ago , and is now closed again .
    They're moving out of town , the business not viable .

Probably more of an on-line sort of thing I'd imagine.

At last,the lethal surface on the Scarawalsh Roundabout has been dealt with,it's been resurfaced.

• Advertisement

Power outages,only in parts though oddly it seems.

What is it with our Third World utilities in this town? That's the third power 'outage' in as many weeks and before that it was disruption to the water supply.

I think they've finally gotten a handle on The Strawberry Fair.Something going on all over the town,definite improvement on previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kneemos wrote: »
    I think they've finally gotten a handle on The Strawberry Fair.Something going on all over the town,definite improvement on previous years.

Take the travellers out of it and there would be no one at it. The organisers can't blame the weather this year.

Always first with the bad news I am afraid. Another closing down sale - this time the kids shoe shop on Weafer Street. I suppose in this instance it's location, location, location..:(

20140622_140330.jpg

Photo: RMGP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone at Damien Dempsey tonight. Great performer?

Power should be back at 9am according to their site.

Some serious maintenance going on by the looks of things in fairness to them.

^^^^^

Who?

vicwatson wrote: »
    ^^^^^

Who?

The one's who hold the power of course.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    The one's who hold the power of course.

Not Jackser then?

Some good news at last!

Plans are at an advanced stage for the opening of a new brewery in Enniscorthy.
    The Blackstairs Brewing Company hope to begin production next year.
    Enniscorthy is set to see a brewery return to the town after a lapse of almost sixty years when Letts Brewery closed in 1956.
    The Blackstairs Brewing Company has plans to start producing beer commercailly at the Kilcannon Industrial Estate and is currently testing the market with some pilot brews.
    Shoppers in Enniscorthy were sampled at one such testing in Enniscorthy on Saturday.
    Joe Carroll of Blackstairs Brewing says there is a great brewing tradition in Wexford and he says they hope to capitalise on the upsurge in interest in micro brewing at present.
    The plan is to scale up from the current 100 litres batch of red ale to a commercially viable production model in the summer of 2015.

http://www.southeastradio.ie/2014/06/30/plans-to-open-new-brewery-in-enniscorthy/

I see Enniscorthy is included in phase1 of the Esb/Vodafone fibre to the premises broadband scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Some good news at last!

Plans are at an advanced stage for the opening of a new brewery in Enniscorthy.
    The Blackstairs Brewing Company hope to begin production next year.
    Enniscorthy is set to see a brewery return to the town after a lapse of almost sixty years when Letts Brewery closed in 1956.
    The Blackstairs Brewing Company has plans to start producing beer commercailly at the Kilcannon Industrial Estate and is currently testing the market with some pilot brews.
    Shoppers in Enniscorthy were sampled at one such testing in Enniscorthy on Saturday.
    Joe Carroll of Blackstairs Brewing says there is a great brewing tradition in Wexford and he says they hope to capitalise on the upsurge in interest in micro brewing at present.
    The plan is to scale up from the current 100 litres batch of red ale to a commercially viable production model in the summer of 2015.

http://www.southeastradio.ie/2014/06/30/plans-to-open-new-brewery-in-enniscorthy/

I wish them all the best-however when charged €5 for a bottle at the recent food festival in Wexford I was suprised but paid.
    When I seen it for sale in the off licence 2 weeks later for €3.50-I was annoyed.
    Cmon guys if you read this-If you are promoting the product at these festivals in future try a reasonable price.

BTW it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

Can anyone let me know what living in Shingan is like or recommend a nice area of Enniscorthy to buy a house ?

Can anyone let me know what living in Shingan is like or recommend a nice area of Enniscorthy to buy a house ?

Shingan is grand,I have friends living there and never hear them complain.

The only place I wouldn't recommend is Esmonde Road/Drumgoold area due to the high population of our ethnic minority.

Shingan itself is ok but the house quality is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

Shingan and the general Milehouse area are fine but the houses in Shingan and the newer estate Bridgemeadow are of terrible quality - I have friends who live in either estate who can hear their neighbours switch their lights on and off.

Bellefield Road, St. Aidans Villas, The Paddock and general Cherryorchard area would be of better quality build, with bigger gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

Thanks to Zerks Jca and Bosco for your replies and opiniions - very much appreciated.

• Advertisement

There's a lovely bungalow for sale in the summerhill Bohreen Hill area which would be a very nice quiet area. I know the family who lived there and the house would have been very well looked after. It certainly would be a major step up from the celtic tiger dross that was thrown up in recent years.

Advertisement