Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

jca wrote: »
    Just go to the pound and see all the impounded vehicles that are being taken by the Cops. What exactly did you report the taxi/hackney for? I'd say the cops love seeing you arriving into the station...... Oh gawd it's that nutter again hide lads..
    Is it necessary to resort to personal abuse??? Really???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

barney 20v wrote: »
    Is it necessary to resort to personal abuse??? Really???

Where's the personal abuse? Will you please answer the question, What were your grounds for complaint against the Taxi/Hackney drivers of Enniscorthy? and what did the Guards tell you? Did you go any further with your complaint when you got no satisfaction from the Guards? Answers please if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I forgot to mention the " lady" from a minority group who I met driving the wrong way across the new bridge yesterday evening in a blue fiat panda car - no lights on... Wrong way against 3 lanes of traffic ... She proceeded the way wex on the wrong side of the road.. Called the gardai as she'd nearly hit me.. Gave my details- no response.

Am I suprised?? No

That happens all the time,it's not only minority's that do it.

The town had it's chance to improve as far as a retail centre went but the opposition to a retail park at Quarrypark put paid to that.Somebody even objected to the opening of the empty petrol station there FFS! AFAIK the objector doesn't even live in the area any more.The ringleader of the opposition to the retail park is now out of business as his shop went from one of the busiest in the town centre to a glorified discount store which eventually shut.
    You may complain barney that we thread the same ground complaining about the myopic thinking of a certain influential few in this town but unfortunately that is what has held the town back for years as they protected their own and still do it.A small few own the majority of retail space and would prefer to see it empty rather than face some perceived competition.
    Wexford is light years ahead as the council offer incentives to those seeking to open businesses,even Gorey is leaving us behind,look at the old Tesco building there,they allowed Penneys to open while we have Dunnes jealously holding onto their old premises on Rafter St. and refusing to allow any business deemed a threat to their profits to move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I forgot to mention the " lady" from a minority group who I met driving the wrong way across the new bridge yesterday evening in a blue fiat panda car - no lights on... Wrong way against 3 lanes of traffic ... She proceeded the way wex on the wrong side of the road.. Called the gardai as she'd nearly hit me.. Gave my details- no response.

Am I suprised?? No

That happens quite a bit . Probably due to poor signage or layout.

Where's the personal abuse? Will you please answer the question, What were your grounds for complaint against the Taxi/Hackney drivers of Enniscorthy? and what did the Guards tell you? Did you go any further with your complaint when you got no satisfaction from the Guards? Answers please if you don't mind.
    Personal abuse = " oh gawd it's that nutter again hide lads"

A driver from a prominent hackney/ taxi firm operating from temple shannon failed to stop at the pedestrian crossing at belfield - st Aidan's villas instead he continued straight on at speed nearly hitting myself and my two daughters.

Went to cops reported it. Gave my details and heard nothing.
    Sent an email to the editor of the echo - got no reply.
    If I recall correctly I brought it up on here but got abuse for doing so...
    It seems the old blind eye approach is still the main way in enniscorthy.

Ps where that girl was killed by a Hackney is only about 150 yards from there.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    That happens quite a bit . Probably due to poor signage or layout.

She's from the town. From a well known "family"

Personal abuse = " oh gawd it's that nutter again hide lads"

A driver from a prominent hackney/ taxi firm operating from temple shannon failed to stop at the pedestrian crossing at belfield - st Aidan's villas instead he continued straight on at speed nearly hitting myself and my two daughters.

Went to cops reported it. Gave my details and heard nothing.
    Sent an email to the editor of the echo - got no reply.
    If I recall correctly I brought it up on here but got abuse for doing so...
    It seems the old blind eye approach is still the main way in enniscorthy.

Ps where that girl was killed by a Hackney is only about 150 yards from there.

That's certainly a legitimate complaint of an incident of dangerous driving but to imply that this is how all taxi/hackney drivers drive iis being unfair. If I had the registration number I'd go to the nra about it. No point in going to the taxi regulator section about it as those lads driving those buses don't even have to have a psv licence!!

That's certainly a legitimate complaint of an incident of dangerous driving but to imply that this is how all taxi/hackney drivers drive iis being unfair. If I had the registration number I'd go to the nra about it. No point in going to the taxi regulator section about it as those lads driving those buses don't even have to have a psv licence!!
    I stand by what I said- they are dangerous ... Be it by speeding around town or the older <snip> driving incompetent old hackneys of the town.

Not as dangerous as another segment of the population but we can't be negative against them despite recent shocking behaviour and accidents within the town.
    ( untouchable)

Nice the way you side stepped the personal abuse against me btw Jca.... You demand answers but you don't feel it necessary to clarify your personal abuse of me??

The anti social driving is mainly IMHO being done by Travellers and taxi hackney operators ... Go up to gimont or the Shannon to witness what I'm talking about.
    If ye prefer to talk about gum on park benches and dog sh1te on the footpaths and ignore the dangerous issues that's up to ye!
    Dangerous driving in the town is a much greater threat to townspeople than shops closing etc IMHO .

I stand by what I said- they are dangerous ... Be it by speeding around town or the older ( silver skoda) driving incompetent old hackneys of the town.

Not as dangerous as another segment of the population but we can't be negative against them despite recent shocking behaviour and accidents within the town.
    ( untouchable)

Nice the way you side stepped the personal abuse against me btw Jca.... You demand answers but you don't feel it necessary to clarify your personal abuse of me??

The anti social driving is mainly IMHO being done by Travellers and taxi hackney operators ... Go up to gimont or the Shannon to witness what I'm talking about.
    If ye prefer to talk about gum on park benches and dog sh1te on the footpaths and ignore the dangerous issues that's up to ye!
    Dangerous driving in the town is a much greater threat to townspeople than shops closing etc IMHO .
    Well you're posts are a bit nutterish imo. You don't like ALL taxi/Hackney drivers end of, you don't like the Guards, the Travellers, Doyles pub, Donohoes pub etc. Easy to take swipe at yet another Hackney driver from behind the keyboard, maybe I'll call in to him and see what he thinks of your accusations, maybe he'll join boards and give himself a right to reply. You're threading a thin line I think.

Well you're posts are a bit nutterish imo. You don't like ALL taxi/Hackney drivers end of, you don't like the Guards, the Travellers, Doyles pub, Donohoes pub etc. Easy to take swipe at yet another Hackney driver from behind the keyboard, maybe I'll call in to him and see what he thinks of your accusations, maybe he'll join boards and give himself a right to reply. You're threading a thin line I think.
    Please elaborate ....
    The cops don't enforce the law....
    The travellers largely ignore it....
    I never mentioned either pub in a negative way- only the ludicrous(dangerous) positioning of the pedestrian crossing
    I think that particular driver is a hazard - amongst many others.
    I'm entitled to voice my opinion.

I've tried to get these issues addressed in person with the people with the power to fix these issues.
    No joy.

So threading a thin line..... To what exactly?
    I've not personally abused any poster like you have IMHO !

You still haven't clarified why you accused me of being a " nutcase"

• Advertisement

Please elaborate ....
    The cops don't enforce the law....
    The travellers largely ignore it....
    I never mentioned either pub in a negative way- only the ludicrous(dangerous) positioning of the pedestrian crossing
    I think that particular driver is a hazard - amongst many others.
    I'm entitled to voice my opinion.

I've tried to get these issues addressed in person with the people with the power to fix these issues.
    No joy.

So threading a thin line..... To what exactly?
    I've not personally abused any poster like you have IMHO !

You still haven't clarified why you accused me of being a " nutcase"

Openly accusing a man who's now clearly identifiable to the people of enniscorthy of dangerous driving is threading a thin line. Do you have anything positive to say about Enniscorthy? Do you actually live here at all?

Openly accusing a man who's now clearly identifiable to the people of enniscorthy of dangerous driving is threading a thin line. Do you have anything positive to say about Enniscorthy? Do you actually live here at all?

Still no clarification as to why you personally attacked me?

I don't remember reading that in order to post on this thread a user has to be from or live in Enniscorthy .

I've already commented on the positive aspects of the town as I see it- I know ye love to repeat stuff on this thread - it's not a habit I'm into tbh so you will have to read the thread.

If that driver is or is not identifiable is not for me to judge.
    I've named no one!
    You could be wrong in your assumptions !

Still no clarification as to why you personally attacked me?

I don't remember reading that in order to post on this thread a user has to be from or live in Enniscorthy .

I've already commented on the positive aspects of the town as I see it- I know ye love to repeat stuff on this thread - it's not a habit I'm into tbh so you will have to read the thread.

If that driver is or is not identifiable is not for me to judge.
    I've named no one!
    You could be wrong in your assumptions !
    I didn't "attack" you as you put it. I'm questioning your sweeping statement about the Taxi/Hackney drivers in town. That driver is clearly identifiable particularly when you posted make and colour of his car on a public forum. Why don't you call to his house and voice your concerns about his driving to his face? I'll pm his exact address to you if you want, hopefully one of his sons are there to witness his reaction.... That I would love to see... I'm tired now, some of us have to work for a living not stand at pedestrian crossings waiting for hackneys to pass...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

No more traveler bashing or identifying private individuals.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I didn't "attack" you as you put it. I'm questioning your sweeping statement about the Taxi/Hackney drivers in town. That driver is clearly identifiable particularly when you posted make and colour of his car on a public forum. Why don't you call to his house and voice your concerns about his driving to his face? I'll pm his exact address to you if you want, hopefully one of his sons are there to witness his reaction.... That I would love to see... I'm tired now, some of us have to work for a living not stand at pedestrian crossings waiting for hackneys to pass...

1. I have a very good job.
    2. That particular evening I was crossing to the shops with my two young daughters- not waiting as you state.
    3. It's up to the cops to deal with careless or dangerous driving not me
    4. If people report the likes of him and nothing happens to resolve it then it's out of my hands.

" I'd say the cops love seeing you arriving into the station...... Oh gawd it's that nutter again hide lads.."
    Looks like abuse to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

This is glorious. More craic than there has been in here in ages.

EDIT that!=than

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Barney with obviously deep personal hatred for Enniscorthy (not all unjustified, I'll add) and JCA with straight up "go round his house and see what happens" talk - who needs Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Barney, some of the things you have outlined are no different to any other town in Wexford; drinking, drug taking, public disorder after hours. This is a national problem. Singling this out as an Enniscorthy issue is pretty lame. I'd even go as far to say that the problem is worse in Wexford town itself. Have you ever manoeuvred your way along North Main Street and Monck Street at 3 am? It's pretty messy, as it most likely is in every town in Ireland.

I would agree with you that the constant posting of how quiet the town is, dog shít on the paths etc. becomes very tiresome. Thanks for livening this thread up.

Corvo wrote: »
    Barney with obviously deep personal hatred for Enniscorthy (not all unjustified, I'll add) and JCA with straight up "go round his house and see what happens" talk - who needs Sky Sports.

No hatred of the town- just the way it's descended into what it has become.
    I've already stated the positive things I see In enniscorthy.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Barney, some of the things you have outlined are no different to any other town in Wexford; drinking, drug taking, public disorder after hours. This is a national problem. Singling this out as an Enniscorthy issue is pretty lame. I'd even go as far to say that the problem is worse in Wexford town itself. Have you ever manoeuvred your way along North Main Street and Monck Street at 3 am? It's pretty messy, as it most likely is in every town in Ireland.

I would agree with you that the constant posting of how quiet the town is, dog shít on the paths etc. becomes very tiresome. Thanks for livening this thread up.

Ok , Firstly thanks for agreeing with me regarding the tiresome pointless re-posting of the same nonsense topics.

I'm not singling out enniscorthy- this is the Enniscorthy thread, I lived in town for years and have family living there and many relations in the schools etc.
    enniscorthy used to be a lovely place!

I agree a lot of it is also a national issue ie public drunkenness ,but to be realistic and honest on here for once you'd have to admit to the REAL problems that differentiate enniscorthy from other small country towns in the southeast.

Worrying about dogsh1te is grand if that was the only real pressing concern .
    I'm just contending that if ye want to talk about the issues of the town then please folks stop ignoring the elephant in the corner.

Not one ounce of hatred here for enniscorthy- the exact opposite infact!

I HATE seeing the town destroyed and lost to the real people of the town .

That's why I post here....hopefully a few more contributors might talk about the real issues and get them out in the open.

I hope so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I would agree with you that the constant posting of how quiet the town is, dog shít on the paths etc. becomes very tiresome.

I agree...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84944480&postcount=1897

I'm not sure our true champion of dog **** crime fighting, Judgement Day, is still with us. He is listed as having a status of "Closed Account".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

No hatred of the town- just the way it's descended into what it has become.
    I've already stated the positive things I see In enniscorthy.

Like I said, I don't actually disagree with your points, just seemed to come across that way in the majority of your posts. You have clarified your stance in your most recent comment however.

It's not a town I like to spend any further time in other than what it takes to travel through it.

Enniscorthy has the potential to be a nice tourist town,it has all the building blocks,Vinegar Hill,The Castle,The Slaney,The Cathedral & more but all this is being wasted by half arsed efforts & the apathy of 99% of the towns' population.
    Look at Adare in Limerick or Clonakilty in Cork,a bit of work and promotion has turned them into a mecca for visitors to the Country.
    I see I have been quoted on the topic of dog fouling around the town,it might seem trivial but as a first impression of people walking the streets,it's not a very nice one.

On the subject of travellers,it seems that the policy across Boards.ie is that we cannot bad mouth them despite them having turned a portion of the town into their playground & essentially ghettoised it.Take a trip up Esmonde Rd. through Drumgoold to witness this.It might seem quaint to see ponies being washed in the river and inspected outside Kehoes pub but it's not so nice to see mini riots along there when they fall out.

@ Zerks - I was quoting The Chevron's post, you just happened to have a posted quoted within his post.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    @ Zerks - I was quoting The Chevron's post, you just happened to have a posted quoted within his post.

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Haha didn't take you long Inspector Clouseau.

I was responding to a post about dogs, not actually posting that I seen dog shíte, again, and again and again....

The town is dying a death. What can we do to stop it?

Haha didn't take you long Inspector Clouseau.

I was responding to a post about dogs, not actually posting that I seen dog shíte, again, and again and again....

The town is dying a death. What can we do to stop it?

I'd suggest discussing the organised and overt criminality in the town and stop beating around the bush ,but it's not " PC" to discuss it on here- even if I and many others feel it is ethically and morally correct to discuss the issue.

That's half the problem IMHO .

Lack of employment, recession, austerity... these are the most significant issues that have hit Enniscorthy hard... combined with the dog sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

New motor factors in the old Alcast factory I notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Lack of employment, recession, austerity... these are the most significant issues that have hit Enniscorthy hard... combined with the dog sh*t.

+ chewing gum.

Advertisement