Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Was in the recycling centre on the Old Dublin Road for the first time today and was mighty impressed with it. The service is free (as it should be), clean, tidy, very well organized and they take a wide range of recyclables.

Am doing a major tidy up at home and was able to shift some old household electrical items, used deep fat frier oil, a ton of cardboard and plastics. Making another trip tomorrow with more crap that has accumulated in the house over the years.

Worth a look for anyone with stuff that needs to be shifted.

It needs to be publicised more,it's a great facility yet on every by road around the town's outskirts we see stuff that can be brought there FOR FREE!! dumped in the ditches and gateways.FFS there's even bags of clothes being dumped despite clothes silos around the town & even a place that pays cash for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Yup, I agree, that's why I said I'd post here for a start.

I'm recycling just about everything possible these day, our household rubbish is next to nothing as a result.

Well worth the trip.

Clothes are next, they'll go to the charity shop.
    dumped in the ditches and gateways

Has to be the travellers right... LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

See somebody else has taken a punt on the Cafe behind the old Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »
    See somebody else has taken a punt on the Cafe behind the old Dunnes.

Nobody seems to make a go of it as a cafe but it doesn't stop people trying. I hear that the Chinese (€shop) people may be behind the purchase of Dessie Sheehan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Was in the recycling centre on the Old Dublin Road for the first time today and was mighty impressed with it. The service is free (as it should be), clean, tidy, very well organized and they take a wide range of recyclables.

Am doing a major tidy up at home and was able to shift some old household electrical items, used deep fat frier oil, a ton of cardboard and plastics. Making another trip tomorrow with more crap that has accumulated in the house over the years.

Worth a look for anyone with stuff that needs to be shifted.

Would they take an old divan bed and mattress? I really need to get rid of it and as much as the local Fox's might enjoy jumping on it in a ditch, I'm not doing that, OR giving it to somebody that would.

• Advertisement

househero wrote: »
    Would they take an old divan bed and mattress? I really need to get rid of it and as much as the local Fox's might enjoy jumping on it in a ditch, I'm not doing that, OR giving it to somebody that would.

I don't think they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

I don't think they would.

Any idea where would take it? And how much???

If its too much £ im getting the chainsaw out. Its mostly air. Maybe they would take the fabric, metal and wood separately!!??

Maybe they would take the fabric, metal and wood separately!!??

They would take the metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrkr

Only check in on this thread now and again, but agree with others re: the tone recently. I makes no sense to me to blame all the ills of the town on a small minority, and, from what I've seen, there is quite a lot of stick directed tat that minority from prominent members of the council, and that doesn't seem to have mad any difference to the well-being of the town.

If the choice here is between complaints about dog-fouling and scapegoating people then give me dog-fouling any day. Judgement day is missed.

Any idea where would take it? And how much???

If its too much £ im getting the chainsaw out. Its mostly air. Maybe they would take the fabric, metal and wood separately!!??

I dismantled an old bed of mine recently,cut up the wood for the fire,took a knife to the fabric and cut it into small pieces for the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

mrkr wrote: »
    Only check in on this thread now and again, but agree with others re: the tone recently. I makes no sense to me to blame all the ills of the town on a small minority, and, from what I've seen, there is quite a lot of stick directed tat that minority from prominent members of the council, and that doesn't seem to have mad any difference to the well-being of the town.

If the choice here is between complaints about dog-fouling and scapegoating people then give me dog-fouling any day. Judgement day is missed.

I agree --- this idea that the " shop keepers" or " cosy cartel " are the only reason the town is failing has to stop...

In other news: two pieces of "dog dirt"are not being sought for the killing of an 80 yr old and injuring a lady in an apparent " ramming incident" on the outskirts of town during the week and subsequent theft of another vehicle .
    😕
    Where'd they go to hide???

barney 20v wrote: »
    I agree --- this idea that the " shop keepers" or " cosy cartel " are the only reason the town is failing has to stop...

In other news: two pieces of "dog dirt"are not being sought for the killing of an 80 yr old and injuring a lady in an apparent " ramming incident" on the outskirts of town during the week and subsequent theft of another vehicle .
    😕
    Where'd they go to hide???

Wickla.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I find Wexford the most clannish people in Ireland

Everytime I meet a Wexford person I try to come away with a new open approach,but I always have the same opinion of how clannish they are!
    And I'm originally from Cork, so that's saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ah would ye ever **** off back there so

zerks wrote: »
    Wickla.;)

Drumgould was reported on the news and by gardai ......

barney 20v wrote: »
    Drumgould was reported on the news and by gardai ......

They stole a car there.

Think I saw flyers for movie extras in Supervalue.Forget to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kneemos wrote: »
    Think I saw flyers for movie extras in Supervalue.Forget to pick one up.

The%2BSecret%2BScripture.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Is it true that Wexford people only have relationships with other Wexford people?

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Is it true that Wexford people only have relationships with other Wexford people?

Have to keep it pure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Dia1988 wrote: »

May not be as my grandfather was from Enniscorthy, And he shacked up many miles from Wexford. He wasn't a traveller either and I never say him sell strawberries so the other myth ain't all true too :pac:

Just spotted this on Facebook..... it seems a few towns people are interested in having concerns raised about the anti social issues in the town.....
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/320813591438762/?ref=ts&fref=ts

ps this has nothing to do with me...!

A 16 year old is appearing in court today over the crash on the N11 between Enniscorthy & Ferns,he handed himself into Gardai.Hopefully his accomplice will be hauled in sooner rather than later.

S.E Radio saying that The Bailey has been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

https://www.mapalerter.com/alerts

Surveying for future surfacing works? Nighttime resurfacing in Enniscorthy.....

[IMG][/img]390c426952644da1d1c2382b753d8198.jpg

[IMG][/img]ac2d72a2e6ae7471476dcd260eebfb15.jpg

Surveying probably has something to do with the bypass,link roads etc. to be built out that way.
    About time the Quays and that area are resurfaced.

See a for sale sign on Carleys Bridge Pottery.
    Kltrea must be the only one left?

Two tractors and trailors collecting rubbish from the Turret Rocks,both trailors appear to be full.

The people who own the discount store beside Eric Barrons have bought Sheehans and plan to relocate to there.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    The people who own the discount store beside Eric Barrons have bought Sheehans and plan to relocate to there.

Went in for a button battery one day and she handed me a card with 22 batteries on it for two Euros,multitude of uses.
    Looks a busy little spot.

Advertisement