Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kneemos wrote: »
    Went in for a button battery one day and she handed me a card with 22 batteries on it for two Euros,multitude of uses.
    Looks a busy little spot.

Wait until later in the week as the panic buying of Valentine's cards starts.:pac:

Dealz is to open a store in the Market Square soon,beside The Holy Grail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

What's with the traffic tonight? Bumper to bumper at 7.50pm on a Thursday? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Roadworks on the quays from 7 to 7 nightly........

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I wonder " HOPE" that when they are finished on the quays that they head to the top of Weafer street and fill in the sinkhole that has appeared in the junction there.

• Advertisement

Navarre wrote: »
    I wonder " HOPE" that when they are finished on the quays that they head to the top of Weafer street and fill in the sinkhole that has appeared in the junction there.

I also wonder if they are going to resurface the Old Bridge and sort out the crater at the Templeshannon side? It'd be stupid not to do it considering they are working mere feet away.

What is so stupid is that the stretch of road from the new bridge to St Senans hospital was resurfaced not to long ago. What a waste of man time and money when the fecking thing will be dug up to accommodate a new bridge. All the time, money and materials could have been used to sort out the bomb craters around the town.

What is so stupid is that the stretch of road from the new bridge to St Senans hospital was resurfaced not to long ago. What a waste of man time and money when the fecking thing will be dug up to accommodate a new bridge. All the time, money and materials could have been used to sort out the bomb craters around the town.

That was the NRA's call,the rest of the roads and streets around the town are the Council's responsibility.

zerks wrote: »
    That was the NRA's call,the rest of the roads and streets around the town are the Council's responsibility.

Wasn't that a ridiculous call by the person working for the NRA. The road will be dug up when the New New bridge starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Decoda wrote: »
    Roadworks on the quays from 7 to 7 nightly........

Until March 6th...apparently.

According to AA Roadwatch anyway.

• Advertisement

Something opening up in the old blind shop on Rafter Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Major Roadworks – N11 Island Road to Blackstoops Roundabout

Below is copied from an unusually detailed MapAlerter email. (I even left in the misspelling of dependent though it makes my teeth itch!)

Next Monday 23rd February to Thursday 26th February between the hours of 09:00 to 17:00 daily

Major Resurfacing Works will take place on the N11 from Island Road to the Blackstoops Roundabout starting next Monday the 23rd of February to Thursday 26th of February from 09:00 to 17:00

Monday 23rd February

N11 Southbound Traffic unaffected by works (One way down N11 Blackstoops Road)
    N11 Northbound Traffic diverted via Boreen Hill to Nunnery Road / R890 to Blackstoops Roundabout

Tuesday 24th February

N11 Southbound Traffic unaffected by works (One way down N11 Blackstoops Road)
    N11 Northbound Traffic via Boreen Hill to Nunnery Road / R890 to Blackstoops Roundabout

Wednesday 25th February

N11 Southbound Traffic diverted from Blackstoops Roundabout via R890 / Nunnery Road to Boreen Hill
    N11 Northbound Traffic diverted via Boreen Hill to Nunnery Road / R890 to Blackstoops Roundabout

Thursday 26th February

N11 Southbound Traffic diverted from Blackstoops Roundabout via R890 / Nunnery Road to Boreen Hill

Delays can be expected at peak times. Please allow extra time for your journey and as always the dates and times of these works are weather dependant and as such it may be necessary to alter them at short notice.

Something opening up in the old blind shop on Rafter Street.

351KdTq.jpg
    Source: http://enniscorthy4kids.blogspot.ie/

How long has Colman Doyle been closing down?

How long has Colman Doyle been closing down?

If your on about the place they have up at the old premium factory then i would roughly guess 7 years they are closing down.

If your on about the place they have up at the old premium factory then i would roughly guess 7 years they are closing down.

That's the one.Thought it was longer.

That's the one.Thought it was longer.

I reckon your right. it could be more like 10 years or so.

I posted in Roads forum that marking out of the routes for the bypass has started,a lot of stakes traversing lands near the town.

340153.jpg

In other news, Forrest's Bookshops in Ferns and Enniscorthy have both closed down as of Saturday. A great shame but the one in Enniscorthy (Castle Street) always seemed very quiet. Charity shops and the internet are wiping out the book trade as we knew it. :(

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FORRESTS-of-FERNS/120004231350977

Murphy Floods car park is closed off I notice.
    Are there plans afoot?

• Advertisement

Murphy Floods car park is closed off I notice.
    Are there plans afoot?

Doubt it, I heard it was to cut-down on undesirable activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I saw this on the news earlier. Volt Motorcycles, based in Edermine, launched their electric motorcycles and scooters at the RDS this weekend.

http://www.techcentral.ie/irish-ebikes-launch-motorcycle-show/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seem this aswell, they don't seem to have a working site, interested in seeing prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I copied this from biker.ie forum

"9500 was the price in it and they reckoned a battery cell every three years, 1500 for the battery cell, no chain and sprockets or any other consumables other than break pads discs and tyres.."

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=219932

Don't see the sense in an electric scooter.They use minuscule amounts of fuel.
    Particularly at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Calling Enniscorthy people - what's good to eat from Cooneys home bakery in the town? Or is it all good? Do they make pies and sausage rolls etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

The have lovely brown bread and nice sponge cakes. They dont do sausage rolls in the bakery afaik.

They have a café on Rafter St now, so maybe they do pies etc there.

Great for bread and cakes - especially biscuit cake/swiss rolls/bracks etc. Unlike the supermarkets they don't sell products stuffed with preservatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Cooneys is expensive. But delicious. They own the little lunch place opposite the hardware store if you are looking for real food. (i think)

Cooneys is not greggs.

• Advertisement

househero wrote: »
    Cooneys is expensive. But delicious. They own the little lunch place opposite the hardware store if you are looking for real food. (i think)

Cooneys is not greggs.

The previous owners have taken over the place beside the NCT Centre on the Old Dublin Rd.Not sure when it's reopening.

Advertisement