Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

zerks wrote: »
    The previous owners have taken over the place beside the NCT Centre on the Old Dublin Rd.Not sure when it's reopening.

...the previous owners?

Do the same people not own Cooneys any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

househero wrote: »
    ...the previous owners?

Do the same people not own Cooneys any more?

The people who operated the "Baked Potato" - now "My Cafe" - are the people who have moved out to the old Dublin Road. Cooney's is still owned by the Cooney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cooneys is expensive. But delicious. They own the little lunch place opposite the hardware store if you are looking for real food. (i think)

Cooneys is not greggs.

Oh is it not?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cheap bus to Dublin coming up.

A lot of activity at the kip Castle Night Club in recent days - surely it's not going to reopen again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The recently closed takeaway at the corner of Rafter St./Market Square is to re-open soon.

The recently closed takeaway at the corner of Rafter St./Market Square is to re-open soon.

For how long this time?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    For how long this time?

I heard the last lot were ok but had zero experience running a takeaway so in a town famous for businesses closing it was destined to be a disaster.

Heard a rumour that one of the owners of half the premises in the middle of town is buying even more.......why? Half the others are empty.

kneemos wrote: »
    Cheap bus to Dublin coming up.

No way ... Am I going on an upside down bus !!:D

Cloak's finally being renovated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

A horse fair going on up in drumgoold for anyone interested in buying a horse! The guards are after being rang but they don't really seem to give a fook!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Wellyd wrote: »
    A horse fair going on up in drumgoold for anyone interested in buying a horse! The guards are after being rang but they don't really seem to give a fook!

If I was a guard I'd avoid that hardship aswell surely a nice handy crossroads to direct traffic for the parade rather than go up to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

sjb25 wrote: »
    If I was a guard I'd avoid that hardship aswell surely a nice handy crossroads to direct traffic for the parade rather than go up to that :)

God forbid they actually address overt law breaking in that side of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

barney 20v wrote: »
    God forbid they actually address overt law breaking in that side of the town

Exactly

Ah,boss.It's our heritage boss........Why do they need horses now they have Transits and Hiaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ah,boss.It's our heritage boss........Why do they need horses now they have Transits and Hiaces?

Why do they need houses? I thought it was their culture to travel :pac:

Anyhow,did everyone enjoy the parade.Enniscorthy must be the only one in the country with no actual floats.Looking at the coverage from around Ireland on the news,it seemed like everybody else put a bit of effort and imagination into theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

It's great for the kids of the various Clubs of the area. They really get a kick out of marching. The lack of floats is disappointing.

On a plus note, the crowds around yesterday were the largest I have seen for a number of years.

Two buskers on Rafter Street....?

Harry Ringwood (48), originally from Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, was found unconscious beside the body of his wife.

He had a wound to his hand.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irishmans-wife-found-dead-with-40-stab-wounds-in-switzerland-31094218.html

None of it looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I remember Harry Ringwood the barber... but would have thought he was a lot older than 48. Surely not the same guy?

Edit -> I should have read it all -

It is believed Mr Ringwood is a PR executive at the cigarette company Phillip Morris International, where his wife was also employed.

Maybe Harry Ringwood Jr?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

IIRC there was an older brother and then twins. The twins would be this age......

Sounds awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

That sucks, big style

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

That's very tough on the family , particularly after another tragedy struck the family in 2012
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/tragic-end-to-journey-home-28836398.html

Fire in Monart Spa tonight,don't know how much damage was caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

Anyone have any info on getting fibre in the centre of town? I'm less than 50 meters from the main exchange and still can't get it. It's getting ridiculous now.

Fire in Monart Spa tonight,don't know how much damage was caused.

Any news?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Any news?

No all is quiet.

• Advertisement

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    No all is quiet.

Hahaha I meant about monart.

Have they started the scorty bypass yet?

Advertisement