Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Garda crime scene with road closed off behind main Post Office this morning. Anybody hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Garda crime scene with road closed off behind main Post Office this morning. Anybody hear anything?

Shots fired last night.

househero wrote: »
    Hahaha I meant about monart.

Have they started the scorty bypass yet?

Smoke damage only,they got it out fairly fast.

The bypass is starting in September,routes are set out already.

New Cake Shop opening in Templeshannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    New Cake Shop opening in Templeshannon.

• Advertisement

Motorised scrubber in the square. Interesting to see how it cleans up as it looks absolutely filthy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Anyone know why the armed the armed Garda unit were stopping traffic on Millpark Road last night around 7.30pm. Thought it a but unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Anything to do with post #2733?

the kelt wrote: »
    Anyone know why the armed the armed Garda unit were stopping traffic on Millpark Road last night around 7.30pm. Thought it a but unusual.

They do it from time to time,no idea what the plan is,a deterrent or something making their presence known.

Work has begun on the site across the road from Mr Price,opposite Rectory Heights.
    Someone here mentioned what was going there a while ago,damned if I can recall now though.

kneemos wrote: »
    They do it from time to time,no idea what the plan is,a deterrent or something making their presence known.

Work has begun on the site across the road from Mr Price,opposite Rectory Heights.
    Someone here mentioned what was going there a while ago,damned if I can recall now though.

Kehoes are moving their coal yard from Lower Shannon to there.

• Advertisement

All in half price shoe sale in Sportsavers.A few half decent bargains to be had.

New Pizzaria open in Templeshannon and doing a roaring trade according to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

New Pizzaria open in Templeshannon and doing a roaring trade according to reports.

Is it called Elvis's ??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is it called Elvis's ??

No,Mizzoni's-across the road from Treacy's Hotel.They have a 26" pizza on the menu.

Oh Mizzonis I had one once and it was rank. If it's the chain Mizzonis that is.

26" pizza holy jebus !!

Oh Mizzonis I had one once and it was rank. If it's the chain Mizzonis that is.

26" pizza holy jebus !!

AFAIK it's run by Italians.

Might not be the chain of mizzonis so.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

AFAIK it's run by Italians.

Romanians are running it. They have 1 in NewRoss, Gorey, Portlaoise and a few other places. there is a lot of pimping of Mizzionis going on on FB.

Del.Monte wrote: »

Road closed again this morning,gone from firing shots to leaving pipe bombs outside houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Took a walk down the Promenade as far as the playground on Saturday - grotty as ever! Information signs covered in mould and dirt, horrible picnic tables badly painted in garish colours with lumps hacked out of them, the playground equipment in its usual deplorable state - and for God's sake don't step on the river bank grass dog ****! High point of the walk were the geese - they must have their wings clipped or they would have left for somewhere more pleasant years ago. :(

Geese.jpg

• Advertisement

Road closed again this morning,gone from firing shots to leaving pipe bombs outside houses.

Bomb disposal crew are on the job.

kneemos wrote: »
    Bomb disposal crew are on the job.

Maybe they could bring it down the Prom and blow up the excuse of a playground.

Navarre wrote: »
    Romanians are running it. They have 1 in NewRoss, Gorey, Portlaoise and a few other places. there is a lot of pimping of Mizzionis going on on FB.

So they must have a franchise from Mizzoni.ie, the chain of pizzerias

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

So they must have a franchise from Mizzoni.ie, the chain of pizzerias

I havent a clue to be honest Vic. i seen a friend of mine sharing a pic on FB and it was mostly Romanian guys pimping the place in NewRoss and Enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Looks like they are the same -

The logo looks the same when comparing their Enniscorthy FB and their website

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mizzoni-Enniscorthy/423332494512578?fref=ts

http://mizzoni.ie/

mizzoni_front_190.jpg

Edit - they also link to the website from the Enniscorthy FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Mizzoni's is a franchise so it could well be Romanians running it. They would most likely have to conform to a menu and have a consistency around all stores but that's not always the case. From what I've heard so far, the Pizzas are nice but the chips are not great.

Having had a couple of pizzas from Mallocca's recently and finding them a bit meh, I then decided to try Denis's and have to say I found them pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

The chicken kebab from Denis's is a beauty. Hard to finish in one sitting.

Anywhere in town that dips its own fresh fish in batter right before frying like pjs diner in oylegate??

• Advertisement

Nope... only the traditional sea fresh (that makes me laugh every time) and sh-quare code in Enniscorthy town as far as I know.

PJs is good.. big portions too.

Advertisement