Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ten - 03/07/10

Options
  • 09-06-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭

Inferno Ten will be on Saturday the 3rd of July in the XGC as always.

Registration ends at 13:30 so if you're running a little late you can text or ring me to let me know. Just PM me for my number.

This will be back to normal, with the normal prize structure of all the entry fees split between the top three finishers.

Usual rules apply and bring your own controller and copies of the game please.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Will you be there? 30 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    JimPlacebobushayjayirlchopperbyrneK.O.KikiDoctor DooMblagFutureGuyMonkeytoMisty ChaosKirbyanimaXBlood-MartyrDreddybajsSairusRed350DarkTalantOwwmykneecapXinkai 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    Barring any circumstances that pop up between now and then, I WILL be there.

And I think I should add, this is going to be make or break in regards to whatever or not I'll be investing myself further into the Irish FG movement, so no pressure on you guys! :pac:

Aside from that, it will be nice to get to finally play against people sitting right next to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No
    Will this be Inferno 10 or 11? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

No
    I propose that we create two threads for this.

The first thread will let us vote if we want to call it "10" or "X"

The second thread will have us all write a short comment about Terry.

All in favoure type 1,2,3.

Also I shall be at this event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think I need a lot more practice in training mode, online and at casuals before heading along to another inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

It should be called 'Super Inferno One'.....

The next can be called 'Super Inferno Too'.....etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    I think I need a lot more practice in training mode, online and at casuals before heading along to another inferno.

The best practise is at tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    Gonna get paid hopefully, so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No

Ah man that's not the way to look at it at all. 1st you must love competition before you can achieve victory.

Are you telling me you did not enjoy the last one? If you are in Dublin you should try to make it to as many of the meet ups as you can you'd learn far more far faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

il be in Boston so Il find an xbox cafe thing like XGC and just play from there.

No
    haha

• Advertisement

It's probably worth point out that schedule-wise I'm genuinely unable to go to inferno or anything SF related for the first 2 weeks of July.
    The best practise is at tournaments.

When you get knocked out in the preliminary stages, the tournament doesn't equal a whole lot of matches in which you can actually practice.

The best competition is definitely at tournaments, but I'd say at the level I'm at now, the best practice is casuals

No
    Well if everyone thought like you we'd only have about 3 or 4 people at each tourney.

At least your willing to come to casuals though.

I'm not trying to be salty or anything Sisko, I'm just saying.

The best practice isn't at tournaments if you're crap. You need to work up to that.

I'll head along for the laugh and atmosphere and all that, but I don't have any misconceptions that the one or two matches I play before I get knocked out are going to up my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Gonna provisionally say yes to this! Really wanted to come to the last Inferno, but June is a bad month for me as I've something on every weekend, but I think this one looks good!!

Air-throws for all. :)

No
    @ Prinny, no worries man you've been one of our most active new guys so your deffo heading in the right direction.

I'm continuing to play horrible in pretty much every tourney, I hardly play anywhere near my best. Finding it difficult to get 'in to the zone' in offline games so I'm trying to get as much tourney and offline experience as possible.

Just clearing up where I'm coming from. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Balls I'll be away for this. Really wanted to go aswell, had a blast at the last one and it really opened my eyes to the offline buzz VS Mr laggy MC laggerson turbo double dragon punch,no punish arseology.

I came away with a lot to think about and I'd encourage anyone who thinks that spending more time in a white squared virtual training room beating up a dummie or battles it out with random unpredicable crazy folk online is more productive to take the plunge and give it a go.Your skills will increse ten fold.Plus there's nothing like seeing the whites of your enemies eyes:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Gonna provisionally say yes to this! Really wanted to come to the last Inferno, but June is a bad month for me as I've something on every weekend, but I think this one looks good!!

Air-throws for all. :)

Planning to attend. I'm going to show every one of you that my 9th place wasn't a fluke!!! *

*Which it was

Mike, you should take the train. We had a great laugh on the way up and all for 25 euro return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    it really opened my eyes to the offline buzz VS Mr laggy MC laggerson turbo double dragon punch,no punish arseology.

Aren't you the ken player?!

:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm probably not going to be attending.

No
    None of that talk now Onion. Unless of course its for an actual good reason. But I fear from your reaction at the last tourney that it may not be for a good reason.

Please tell me I'm wrong. :o

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I'd have come but I have a little brother turning the big ONE ZERO on the 3rd, and a not so little sister turning the big 16 on the 4th. One birthday I could have missed, but not two :eek:

Which is annoying cause it'll probably screw up any chances I had of ever seeding in this damn country :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'd have come but I have a little brother turning the big ONE ZERO on the 3rd, and a not so little sister turning the big 16 on the 4th. One birthday I could have missed, but not two :eek:

Which is annoying cause it'll probably screw up any chances I had of ever seeding in this damn country :P

Seeding is going to deteriorate over time. Namely the seedings will be based off the last three tournaments.

Thanks for reminding me btw. I'll post up the seed list as soon as I finish my chicken wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Seeding List :

1st - Cobelcog (Cammy) - 8
    2nd - Bush (Chun-Li/Blanka) - 7
    3rd - Azza (Dictator) - 6
    4th - fake_roogle (Boxer) - 5
    5th - Liquidswords (Fei Long) - 4
    5th - The Hound (Akuma/Adon/Dictator) - 4
    7th - unky chop chop (Ken) - 3
    7th - Doctor DooM (Guile) - 3
    9th - Ken B (Claw) -2
    9th - Owwmykneecap (Claw) - 2
    9th - D4RK ONION (E. Honda) - 2
    9th - FutureGuy (Ryu) - 2
    13th - Jim (Cammy) - 1
    13th - Malachy (Boxer/El Fuerte) - 1
    13th - Speedhaak (Boxer) -1
    13th - Sisko (Ryu/Ibuki) - 1

Obviously the seeds are fairly simple at the moment but they'll settle over time.

EDIT : If you're interested my chicken wings were delish.

Orim wrote: »
    Seeding List :

1st - Cobelcog (Cammy) - 8
    2nd - Bush (Chun-Li/Blanka) - 7
    3rd - Azza (Dictator) - 6
    4th - fake_roogle (Boxer) - 5
    5th - Liquidswords (Fei Long) - 4
    5th - The Hound (Akuma/Adon/Dictator) - 4
    7th - unky chop chop (Ken) - 3
    7th - Doctor DooM (Guile) - 3
    9th - Ken B (Claw) -2
    9th - Owwmykneecap (Claw) - 2
    9th - D4RK ONION (E. Honda) - 2
    9th - FutureGuy (Ryu) - 2
    13th - Jim (Cammy) - 1
    13th - Malachy (Boxer/El Fuerte) - 1
    13th - Speedhaak (Boxer) -1
    13th - Sisko (Ryu/Ibuki) - 1

Obviously the seeds are fairly simple at the moment but they'll settle over time.

EDIT : If you're interested my chicken wings were delish.
    You know, I was just going to ask and everything :p

No
    That's fair enough Onion I was worried you were giving up as you seemed like a broken man at the last event.

I wouldn't worry too much about the seeds if I were you. I mean I'm on there and I played extra horrible at this event.

Onion.. i dedicate this to you

Next time,my brother in arms :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    I'm seeded? For real? I can't wait to tell my mum and dad! They'll be ever so proud!!!

ONION, glad to see you back here! Missing birthdays probably not the best idea. I'd say we'll all go up and down on the Saturday if thats any good to you! No need for weekend trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sisko wrote: »
    That's fair enough Onion I was worried you were giving up as you seemed like a broken man at the last event.
    Onion.. i dedicate this to you

Next time,my brother in arms :)

wtf happened at Inferno 9? :confused:

Not much, Me and Onion had an intense pant wetting match as always.
    I hadn't taken a single round of him in the set and he was at match point when i took the finger out and slipped her into Onion bashing gear for the victory,with devestating effect on Onion
    Enough to make a grown man cry:)
    Seriously though Onion, Man our Fights are always great, packed full of mind games and tension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

No
    Think I may just drag myself up from Galway for this :D

Just a few questions about the event itself.
    1. What kind of format are ye using for the tourney? Elimination? 1 Round games , best of 3? etc. . .

And I assume you prefer wired pads and stuff :)

Thanks in advance for the info and I look forward to this :cool:

Advertisement