Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ten - 03/07/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    • Pools of 4-5 players, Top 2 go through to Double Elimination Top 16. That's how we generally do it.
    • All games are best 3 rounds, FT2 matches (i.e. 2/3R, 2/3M)
    • Bring your own controller. Wired preferred because it creates a lot less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    @Blood-Martyr

Will this be your 1st time or are you one of the guys who was at the team tourney 2 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

No
    Sisko wrote: »
    @Blood-Martyr

Will this be your 1st time or are you one of the guys who was at the team tourney 2 weeks ago?

Nope , I'll be a complete first timer. Quite looking forward to it mind :)

No
    You should be, tis great craic :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Apparently my sister isn't even going to be around for her Birthday, so if I go up and down on the one day, I might be able to do this. I'll see closer to the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

No
    I'm gonna try come to the tourney. This will be my first event and I hope I don't get beat too bad since I don't have a fancy controller just the standard one, which is why I'll suck. hopefully it'll get me into it and I'll go the whole hog and buy a stick or fight pad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'm gonna try come to the tourney. This will be my first event and I hope I don't get beat too bad since I don't have a fancy controller just the standard one, which is why I'll suck. hopefully it'll get me into it and I'll go the whole hog and buy a stick or fight pad

The last winner of Inferno plays on an xbox pad. And iirc the tournament before that had the top three as an xbox pad player, a PS pad player and a guy with the madcatz pad.

Nought wrong with a good pad.

Also I can't play. Got my theory test that day but I'll be down anyway for most of the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    pdbhp wrote: »

Hey there,
    Last inferno was my first every tournament and I learned more in that 5 hours than I did in about a month of random online sparring. And just because you don't have a fancy schmancy stick, it doesn't matter. Cobelcog, who won the last event, plays with a regular pad!

Come along, it's a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

No
    @ ORIM & future guy.
    Good stuff lads don't feel as noobish now even though I've been playing SF since 1993

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Orim wrote: »
    The last winner of Inferno plays on an xbox pad. And iirc the tournament before that had the top three as an xbox pad player, a PS pad player and a guy with the madcatz pad.

Nought wrong with a good pad.

Also I can't play. Got my theory test that day but I'll be down anyway for most of the day.

So we'll have a lift to Dragon Slayers soon then?

• Advertisement

So we'll have a lift to Dragon Slayers soon then?

Yeah cause all you need is the theory test right?

No
    Good luck in your test man. Its pretty easy , or it was when I took it.

No
    I studied for maybe 2 weeks, found out that they'd changed 25% of course content a week before my test, and STILL managed to ace it.
    And did it in 11 minutes (out of 40).
    WITH double-checking.

But no, you wouldn't be able to easily drive to Belfast, since L-drivers aren't allowed on motorways. If that was a test question, you'd have flunked it now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Trev B has his actual test tomorrow.....I hope to fcuk, he gets it!

3rd time lucky and all that....

No
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I studied for maybe 2 weeks, found out that they'd changed 25% of course content a week before my test, and STILL managed to ace it.
    And did it in 11 minutes (out of 40).
    WITH double-checking.

But no, you wouldn't be able to easily drive to Belfast, since L-drivers aren't allowed on motorways. If that was a test question, you'd have flunked it now :pac:

He'd also need a car, and as far as I remember, I watched a video the day before and went in and got the test, t'was just rules of the road stuff, but this was about 3-4 years ago dunno what its like now.

No
    Best get the promotion of this going again now that Q-Con is over.

It's unlikely we'll have as big a turnout as last time, but we'll have a few new faces too and it should be just as good as ever.

It'll be a seeded draw this time, so the group of death scenario should be avoided for the most part and it should give some players a better chance of reaching the knockout round if they only have to beat one top player to make it out of groups instead of two or three.

If anyone is planning to attend and hasn't voted in the poll can they please do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    Seeding List Updated :

1st - Farzad (Rose) - 8
    2nd - Copper (Dan) - 7
    3rd - Azza (Dictator) - 6
    4th - fake_roogle (Boxer) - 5
    5th - Liquidswords (Fei Long) - 4
    5th - The Hound (Akuma/Adon/Dictator) - 4
    7th - unky chop chop (Ken) - 3
    7th - Doctor DooM (Guile) - 3
    9th - Ken B (Claw) -2
    9th - Owwmykneecap (Claw) - 2
    9th - D4RK ONION (E. Honda) - 2
    9th - FutureGuy (Ryu) - 2
    13th - Jim (Cammy) - 1
    13th - Malachy (Boxer/El Fuerte) - 1
    13th - Speedhaak (Boxer) -1
    13th - Sisko (Ryu/Ibuki) - 1

il be there this time.
    but i might late. sign a brova up, il txt closer to date

No
    Farzad you'll never be top of the seedings with your Chun, let alone Rose.

Actually attending tournaments is a vital part of being seeded!

No
    Placebo wrote:
    [Lies]
    [/Lies]
    Mods plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    I'm gonna get to the semi's
    or il wear that shirt u lovely friends got me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    I'm gonna get to the semi's
    or il wear that shirt u lovely friends got me

Seriously.

You wear that shirt all tournament long and I'll buy you 3 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    You wear that shirt all tournament long and I'll buy you 3 pints.

If he actually attends i'll buy him another 3 pints :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Anyone else from Limerick planning on attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    Shall attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    Anyone else from Cork going?

I'll probably be booking the train for myself either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

No
    So is there any likelihood of that sweet setup you guys tried out at that casual team tournament making an appearance? I thought it looked really nice in in those test videos, hopefully the lag issues can get sorted.

No
    So is there any likelihood of that sweet setup you guys tried out at that casual team tournament making an appearance? I thought it looked really nice in in those test videos, hopefully the lag issues can get sorted.

I've ordered a converter/splitter online and hopefully it will arrive within a day or two. If it works the way i think it will we should be able to get the same quality vids with no lag. Myself and sisko will have to test it when the equipment arrives.

Only thing is, we will only be able to run it from one machine at the moment so we might only get one group and then top 8. So if you're not playing on the machine with the direct feed setup you wont be recorded :(

animaX wrote: »
    I've ordered a converter/splitter online and hopefully it will arrive within a day or two. If it works the way i think it will we should be able to get the same quality vids with no lag. Myself and sisko will have to test it when the equipment arrives.

Only thing is, we will only be able to run it from one machine at the moment so we might only get one group and then top 8. So if you're not playing on the machine with the direct feed setup you wont be recorded :(

Well that's what we have at the moment with the Doom cam. So if we have both then we can direct feed one group and get another with the Doom Cam? Or would you be using the Doom Cam for the reactions? If so, it's the same as it's always been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    The reactions are nice and all but I think its better to get as many vids of matches as possible.

• Advertisement

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    The reactions are nice and all but I think its better to get as many vids of matches as possible.

Yeah i think we only need reaction shots once the tournament gets down to the last machine (usually winners semi's onwards?). Up to then we can direct feed one group and doom cam another group.

Its up to sisko really, he's the one who does the video editing and to be honest it would probably be a lot less work for him if we didn't bother with reaction shots. However i do think its cool to see the players faces before/after the fight and maybe in between rounds.

Advertisement