Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ten - 03/07/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

No
    animaX wrote: »
    Yeah i think we only need reaction shots once the tournament gets down to the last machine (usually winners semi's onwards?). Up to then we can direct feed one group and doom cam another group.

Its up to sisko really, he's the one who does the video editing and to be honest it would probably be a lot less work for him if we didn't bother with reaction shots. However i do think its cool to see the players faces before/after the fight and maybe in between rounds.

I think it's good to have the crowd reaction and all but some people don't like having cameras in their faces ,especially when they're trying to play.

Edit: That sounded more aggressive than I meant. I just mean to say that while it's really great to have your matches recorded some people would rather not appear on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    blag wrote: »
    I think it's good to have the crowd reaction and all but some people don't like having cameras in their faces ,especially when they're trying to play.

Edit: That sounded more aggressive than I meant. I just mean to say that while it's really great to have your matches recorded some people would rather not appear on camera.

No worries, i didn't take it the wrong way! As i said, i'm not the orchestrator of people shots, i think sisko just wanted to add a bit of personality to his edited vids. Either way i wouldn't get far enough for it to matter :pac:

Its good to raise the point though, i'm sure sisko will read this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Anyone else from Cork going?

I'll probably be booking the train for myself either tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

Misty, were you at the Limerick casual?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Misty, were you at the Limerick casual?

No, I wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    So is there any likelihood of that sweet setup you guys tried out at that casual team tournament making an appearance? I thought it looked really nice in in those test videos, hopefully the lag issues can get sorted.

Cheers man.

Btw if anyone isnt sure what he's talking about you can see 'em here :

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=787

Regarding the rest of what was said. I've always said if we do end up getting direct feed working at an inferno then the plan would be to have the top 8 guys play on one machine, this way we have good quality fully edited match videos of the top 8 at every inferno put up on the street fighter ireland channel. and then doom does his usual thing for the rest of the matches, which he'd slap up on his as usual.

It takes a fair bit of time to get the vids out like that and we hope to get commentary in also sometime (on a test tourney 1st , not inferno) I'd be aaaaaaaaages editing all that together and I really wanna get the vids out within the next few days after the event so for that reason plus the one machine thing, I think its best to keep it top 8.

The standard format for proper tourney match footage is to at least have shots of the players and have player names added in with the name of the tourney. Its a bonus to have crowd footage in there too. This is generally the format I'll be following although naturally open to every bit of feed back and criticism.

Pictures have been taken at a lot of our events and stuff before but if someone does get to the top 8 and simply does not want his face shown on the video he can say it to me. I'll still edit the video but I'll put a blur on his face or paste his online avatar over his face or something I guess.

• Advertisement

No
    Sisko wrote: »
    I'll still edit the video but I'll put a blur on his face or paste his online avatar over his face or something I guess.

I'm not sure if that would be the best solution. It should be all or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sisko wrote: »

Pictures have been taken at a lot of our events and stuff before but if someone does get to the top 8 and simply does not want his face shown on the video he can say it to me. I'll still edit the video but I'll put a blur on his face or paste his online avatar over his face or something I guess.

I think Blag was talking about having the camera in the eyeline as opposed to having a face online.

Also getting the top eight to play all their games on one machine will take ages and would not feasible for a decent running time of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    here you go lads, i ordered 100 prints for this. A2 size.

poster.jpg

No
    animaX wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that would be the best solution. It should be all or nothing

Thing is I'm not gonna change the whole format of tournament footage for one person but at the same time put someone up on youtube who does not want to be there so I dunno about all or nothing but its something to talk about for sure.

Orim wrote: »
    I think Blag was talking about having the camera in the eyeline as opposed to having a face online.

Oh right well I don't think thats an issue, wasnt at the random ones anyway.
    Orim wrote: »
    Also getting the top eight to play all their games on one machine will take ages and would not feasible for a decent running time of the tournament.

Aww really? I only made the assumption as I've been saying this for awhile and this is the 1st time anyones said it'd take too long. Last thing I wanna do is mess up the running of things.

What do you think would be feasible? Just losers final , winners final and grand final?

**edit**

ROFL Farz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    I think it should be a condition that you can't be in the tournament if you refuse to be on camera.
    It's too important for the community. And it really adds to the vids.

Worstgiefever had a nightmare with people wanting vids taken down etc in london after a comp recently, from what i remember, some of them just being match footage. It's not fair to the opponent too, think they decided on it becoming compulsory from then on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I think it should be a condition that you can't be in the tournament if you refuse to be on camera.

This is silly, if a guy doesnt want to be video'd he shouldnt be. If a guy doesnt want to be filmed he shouldnt be excluded from the event (how would that make us look).

No
    yeah i dont particularly want to be in any of the pictures, being tagged left right and center on facebook and what not.
    Neither do i wanna be interviewed, i've not problem being in a group photo in the background but people snapping at you while your playing, puts you off your game.

No
    But the world won't get to see your hair.:(

Anyway, competitions in most walks of life routinely stipulate winning participants must take art in any and all publicity.
    In fact I think Chunkis's evo tourny had that stipulation.

It's street fighter, not bukkake.

bukkake-5073.jpg

No
    when i get pictured beside RYans face and then get tagged on facebook
    my friends laugh at me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No
    It's too important for the community. And it really adds to the vids.

absolute load of nonsense, I can't believe this is even being suggested

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    there's no way I am supporting people being forced on camera.

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »

Debate is good.

Now we know that a bunch of people are against this.

No
    Videos of the players is the standard at proper tournaments so people should be expecting the possibilities of cameras but yeah I wouldn't put anyone up if they didn't want it. I understand people can have confidence issues regarding how they look and I wouldn't wanna make 'em uncomfortable. I'll just use the blur it'll make 'em looks all mysterious and shit and its more then self conscious footballers would get :p

Its generally just going to be us watching these vids but yeah.

I'd also note that if random youtube trollers start saying stuff about people in vids I will be deleting such comments.

Some day we'll be big enough to be streaming stuff , I dunno what we can do then if people go mad about being on camera or not. But we're miles away from that we've yet to get some nice inferno stuff.
    Worstgiefever had a nightmare with people wanting vids taken down etc in london after a comp recently, from what i remember, some of them just being match footage. It's not fair to the opponent too, think they decided on it becoming compulsory from then on.

Wow that sounds crazy, any thread or more info you can give on this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No
    Honestly, if a person doesn't want to go in front of a camera for any reason, they should not have to. Personally I don't mind the vids/pics being posted in community forums so long as I don't start getting tagged in facebook etc.

No
    Dreddybajs wrote: »

While I agree with you, to be fair I have seen similar stipulations in a few tournament rule sets.

Even in my time as a mod, I have seen fights break out over pictures taken on boards nights out showing up so it at least deserves some discussion. It'll happen sooner or later so at least having an idea how to deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

No
    As I seem to have inadvertently started this little debate I best clarify my own thoughts.

I've had absolutely no issues to date with either being on camera or being photographed and would be perfectly fine continuing like that.

What I wouldn't really fancy is being filmed while I play, I find it tough enough as is to concentrate on the game at XGC without the further distraction of being aware of your every move being filmed.

I really don't see why anyone would want this,Ive seen it done with the Godsgarden videos but I'd rather just see the game or the players hands/stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

If my picture is used in any publicity pieces, I'd demand 50% image rights and 6.75% agent's fees....plus ultimate call on the final used image (best side, lighting, matches I win only etc.).

In fairness, everyone should be informed before they are filmed and have the right to refuse. Or (in the cases where their opponent is ok and in the proximity/camera line) their image couldd be covered by an SF character (maybe Blanka, or perhaps Norimaru from the Japanese version of Marvel vs. Street Fighter).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

No
    Aw, shant be going to this Inferno =(

With regards to filming I would be in favour of any matches being fair game to film with or without consent of the players - however if a player is actually shown or named on camera then some censorship should be applied at that player's discretion.
    No player should have to be interviewed or anything.

No
    Sairus wrote: »

Must be another secret tournament on somewhere else lads ;)

No
    Sairus wrote: »

With regards to filming I would be in favour of any matches being fair game to film with or without consent of the players - however if a player is actually shown or named on camera then some censorship should be applied at that player's discretion.
    No player should have to be interviewed or anything.

I think this is fair enough actually.

If you're playing in the tournament you should be ok with the game itself getting filmed.

However pushing someone's identity on the net is not something anyone should be allowed to choose for them but themselves IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    I think filming the crowd or the match itself is fine.

But filming the players during the match is a bit naff. Most of us make ugly faces when we are playing anyway. If somebody wants to film me while I play, go right ahead. But it won't be pretty. :D

I don't need a commentator on mine either as I tend to self narrate. :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Probably wont be attending, due to lack of place to stay and general apathy towards competitive play at the moment. Think I'll take a Ry style break. Might be there to watch possibly.

No
    By participating in this event, you agree to take part in promotional activities that may include having your photo taken or be interviewed on camera. Any tournament winner or runner-up that refuses to have their picture taken or video recorded will lose all rights to prizes.

Did y'all not read the fine print? :winkingsmiley:

sisko, if you do blur peoples faces don't have me next to anyone looking like this.
    _44628979_-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

No
    If you want, you can video my SF kissing booth open from 8am until 9:45am upstairs in XGC. For every woman that I get a snog off, I will donate €1 towards the SF funds. For every dude that tries to kiss me, this will instantly make you gay and I will no doubt try and cut you with a bread knife.

I expect Street Fighter IE funds to make quite a profit from this venture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    We should hand out balaclavas on the way in for people who dont want to be seen

Advertisement