Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ten - 03/07/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    We should hand out balaclavas on the way in for people who dont want to be seen

Gotta reinforce those Irish stereotypes for international viewers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No
    Owwmykneecap wearing a balaclava.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

No
    Bush80 wrote: »
    We should hand out balaclavas on the way in for people who dont want to be seen

Better put that to the committee ,maybe they can be paid out of the surplus cash from inferno. Probably get them cheaper up in Belfast for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

No
    Just a reminder to those with Xbox VGA cables to bring them if you can (if they're needed?). I'll bring my working one with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Was holdin out to see if I could make This one bit alas I can't unfortunately. Best of luck lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    BanjoB wrote: »
    Was holdin out to see if I could make This one bit alas I can't unfortunately. Best of luck lads.

The war of the turtles wil happen someday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

The war of the turtles wil happen someday :D

Lol. For every 5 casuals we would have had, everyone else would have went through 10 :D

No
    just realised- Roogle won't be there, nor will Azza.

That's 2 top tier spots waiting to be filled gents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    just realised- Roogle won't be there, nor will Azza.

That's 2 top tier spots waiting to be filled gents.

zChun-Li_victoryA.gif
    it my time, to shine

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    zChun-Li_victoryA.gif
    it my time, to shine

You're going to have to beat ayjay first ;)

• Advertisement

No
    OH SNAP SON.
    tell him it was the lag ;)

No
    OH SNAP SON.
    tell him it was the lag ;)

I videod the replay today, didn't look like it to me :D

No
    i think the replays are just stored commands, that are then run on the game engine, not a video recording.
    OR so how i would have designed it, to save space and be more efficient and robust

No
    i think the replays are just stored commands, that are then run on the game engine, not a video recording.
    OR so how i would have designed it, to save space and be more efficient and robust

Was only kidding with you anyway Farz. :)

No

Yip that's exactly what it is.
    Same as PGR3's gotham tv. files are Kbs rather than Mbs.

Edit: I got dooms joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Probably wont be attending, due to lack of place to stay and general apathy towards competitive play at the moment. Think I'll take a Ry style break. Might be there to watch possibly.

Can't you just come up with the Limerick lads and then go back down with them?
    Monkeyto wrote: »
    If you want, you can video my SF kissing booth open from 8am until 9:45am upstairs in XGC. For every woman that I get a snog off, I will donate €1 towards the SF funds. For every dude that tries to kiss me, this will instantly make you gay and I will no doubt try and cut you with a bread knife.

If you get one snog from one real female i will donate 100 euro to SF funds :P

And i might even let you beat me once!

No
    I think I shall wear the Guile combats to this.

Azza gets his cap, I get the combats.

Please don't follow suit Cog.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    Still not 100% sure, but its looking more likely that I'll go. I should have enough time to even stick around to watch the grand finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

No
    ^watch this guy he's got some good shit down.

RE recording and interviews.

Again when we're doing direct feed stuff the format will be the same as the RTT vids , if you don't wanna be named or on cam. Say it to me. I'll blur your name and your face. Generally the footage stay on the fight the entire time and we only see the players as they sit down before the fight and as they shake hands after. Sometimes it'll cut to the players between rounds and sometimes during an ultra depending on the players/crowd and the flow of the fight.

It makes for better tournament footage.

As for interviews , I'm getting the impression now from reading this thread that half the people on here who watched that interivew video from the launch event got all freaked out and are now paranoid at any event they attend that at any moment I'm gonna wip out a mic and camera and "force them to be interviewed". lol.

It was just something done for the craic to make the community/scene more visable. If it makes people feel better I won't do one again.

I toyed with the idea of having quick 'event summarys' after each inferno , quick chat with the high placers and the tournament organisers. But I don't see that ever happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

No
    A few questions;

What times does the tournament typically end? My train back home is at 7pm on the day and I'd want to see / play the finals without being caught for time.

Is there going to be anything on the side? I don't anticipate getting too far, this being my first tournament and all.

• Advertisement

No
    Sisko wrote: »
    I toyed with the idea of having quick 'event summarys' after each inferno , quick chat with the high placers and the tournament organisers. But I don't see that ever happening.

See now i think thats a great idea. even if only done over a few pints.
    actually make it madatory to have post pint interviews.

"what do you think of azza's play today?" "you know under all that dictator stuff he's soft underneath man, he's my bestish mate"

"and terry? "****"

anywho, did any of y'all get Peace Walker? fancy some co op games???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A few questions;

What times does the tournament typically end? My train back home is at 7pm on the day and I'd want to see / play the finals without being caught for time.

Is there going to be anything on the side? I don't anticipate getting too far, this being my first tournament and all.

Should be finished by six(ish) barring something going wrong.

There'll be casuals and general shenigans but there won't be any side events. Although I have been toying with the idea of running an ST tourney on the side.

@Sisko : Your blur idea doesn't solve the issue of people not wanting to play with a camera in their face. Just give people the choice of play on the camera or not.

By top eight we have the Doom Cam on one screen and your direct feed on another and people on one or the other if they're available.

I had something else to say but I can't thing what it is :confused:

No
    Sisko wrote: »

Actually I'd be up for this.

Especially at a pub

No
    Orim wrote: »

@Sisko : Your blur idea doesn't solve the issue of people not wanting to play with a camera in their face. Just give people the choice of play on the camera or not.

The cameras never been in anyone's face ever. It was off at the side at the RTT event and no one had an issue with it , was barley noticeable.

Also btw there wont be any recording this weekend apart from Doom doing his usual thing. We don't have direct feed going yet.

No
    As it happens I just cleared 12 gigs of SF footage off the ol SD card to make room for the inferno.

Man, Im sad.

No
    Lies , we've had tons of great stuff captured thanks to you from most of our events. Videos are important for our scene.

No
    Especially super zoomed in shots of players faces and reactions in 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

As it happens I just cleared 12 gigs of SF footage off the ol SD card to make room for the inferno.

Man, Im sad.

wow... commitment there :eek:

i broke my ing finger on my left hand so ima not sure if ill be able to play but ill show up n try to play =]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No
    Wtf you were grand yesterday lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Man, Im sad.

12 gigs of footage? Please tell me that's already uploaded onto youtube?

Otherwise your million videos prediction will be on the way and I may have to kill you.

In other news, can a contributor on SFIE check if they can edit a post please.

Advertisement