Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ten - 03/07/10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Wow great match lads, both guys on top form.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    Wow great match lads, both guys on top form.

There's probably no one who's watched as many inferno videos as me (for obvious reasons) and I have to say despite the smaller size the average level of skill shown in the last couple of tournaments is SO far beyond the previous it's unreal. I don't think you realise it until you back and watch some of the older ones (I'm trying to get all the names to match on the vids for searching purposes) until you watch them.

Also, there's new challengers (pardon the pun) showing up at every tournament- Terry has gone into over drive, and gory Snake in this one.

I don't really think there's a clearly deliniated top 8 any more, it's more a top 16 of viable contenders. In the very top tier, I think it's only fair at this point to upgrade blag to Newtype/ Cobelcog level.

Man I have to work on my match ups :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    would be great to keep eye on your stats doom to see what countries are watching, get the irish name out there.

we should have a logo for streetfighter.ie at the start or a watermark, whatevers easiest when encoding

No
    Placebo wrote: »
    would be great to keep eye on your stats doom to see what countries are watching, get the irish name out there.

we should have a logo for streetfighter.ie at the start or a watermark, whatevers easiest when encoding

I agree. I use mpeg stream clip as it's easily the simplest to use with the weird encoding on the doomcam and I haven't messed around with watermarks or splicing 2 films together yet. I will investigate though.

I also think we should do a little promo vid that all the Irish youtube channels can throw up a week before each inferno. just the information changes in each one. We could use my bands music to keep it copyright free.

I actually do keep an eye on who's watching us, I get on average 4 or 5 views from the states a day for example.

Chunkis, cobelcog, and doctor doom get alot of search hits (although I assume the hits for the good doctor are for Victor, not me).

No
    good idea about the promo

should also have one for all infernos, some message board clips about grudge matches then into the match, some thing cleverly done.

• Advertisement

No
    good idea about the promo

should also have one for all infernos, some message board clips about grudge matches then into the match, some thing cleverly done.

Yeah that works. I had the same idea for a podcast- a week before inferno is a good idea as it could get the hype train going. But a short snappy video would prob get more attention across multiple channels than a 30 minute podcast people'd have to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

No
    Yeah that works. I had the same idea for a podcast- a week before inferno is a good idea as it could get the hype train going. But a short snappy video would prob get more attention across multiple channels than a 30 minute podcast people'd have to download.

Yeh, a video of me beating you with the caption "Anythings Possible" :D

No

ryan heart pulling a daigo against just wong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Which has nothing to do with Inferno at all.

No
    sorry thought i clicked interesting video thread,
    DOH :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Great ending: "Bollocks! God Damn it!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    Thanks for uploading the final as I had to leave just before it started.

Can't believe Blag didn't take that. He played so well. Irish cammy is a machine! :D

One thing I would say though, when cobel whiffed DP, some of Blags punishes were just throws. Case in point, the last ten seconds of the video. I know it does less damage, but Bisons ultra 2 might be a better option mate because it doesn't need charge so can be used in an instant as a punish. The amount of times he left himself open but you couldn't ultra because you had no charge was quite noticable.

Bison Laymans opinion though.

No
    Kirby wrote: »
    Thanks for uploading the final as I had to leave just before it started.

Can't believe Blag didn't take that. He played so well. Irish cammy is a machine! :D

One thing I would say though, when cobel whiffed DP, some of Blags punishes were just throws. Case in point, the last ten seconds of the video. I know it does less damage, but Bisons ultra 2 might be a better option mate because it doesn't need charge so can be used in an instant as a punish. The amount of times he left himself open but you couldn't ultra because you had no charge was quite noticable.

Bison Laymans opinion though.

Where the throews not positional?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No
    Not in my eyes. He has ultra metre several times and just throws. Not saying anybody else would do any better, but just an observation. With Ultra 2, a quick motion and its curtains for cammy. He can't do that with Ultra 1 because he needs charge. I would deffo go ultra 2 in most matchups....even against non firebal characters. Its just so useful to be able to punish from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    Thanks Doom for the video uploads, wanted to look over my match against Blag. You can really see the tournament pressure get to me, in the later matches I started to drop really easy links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

No
    GorySnake wrote: »
    You can really see the tournament pressure get to me, in the later matches I started to drop really easy links.

That will ease over time with experience. You missed an fadc in our match which would have been a game-changer but i was lucky it was your first inferno ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

GorySnake wrote: »
    I started to drop really easy links.

Count yourself lucky, when I'm under pressure I fluff sonic booms. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Count yourself lucky, when I'm under pressure I fluff sonic booms. :pac:

Back Forward Kick?

No
    when under pressure, i stun the non believers and take an unexpected rank in the seedings, wah
    jkn, i find it hard to concentrate when people walk by or bump into my chair, or talk real close to me.
    any more videos doom? [of me]

No
    when under pressure, i stun the non believers and take an unexpected rank in the seedings, wah
    jkn, i find it hard to concentrate when people walk by or bump into my chair, or talk real close to me.
    any more videos doom? [of me]

I only have group matches of you I think. I'll check them tonight to see which ones I had to delete :(

• Advertisement

No
    ok thanks, i guess ones that matter there was against vanish [dhalsim] and sisko [ryu]

No
    ok thanks, i guess ones that matter there was against vanish [dhalsim] and sisko [ryu]

Yeah sorry if they're gone I had to delete a few right at the end for the final :(

No
    yeah no worries, they wernt that important.
    specially ones against mike and chris, whitewash, or brownwashd :rolleyes:

p.s: good match to upload if it exists would be first one against mike and chris, i think
    chris made an ultimate comeback in the first round but mike took it in the end

this is when we all clapped and all the other groups were so intrigued/jealous/insecure/started crying

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

No
    animaX wrote: »
    That will ease over time with experience. You missed an fadc in our match which would have been a game-changer but i was lucky it was your first inferno ;)

Next time I'll get my revenge! :D
    jkn

lol

No
    infernorb6tni.jpg

HITLIST for next inferno

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    What do you mean Farz.
    We already "took care" of Roogle.
    IYKWIM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What do you mean Farz.
    We already "took care" of Roogle.
    IYKWIM ;)
    363 days to go and already leveled up with just 2 days at the arcade~

don't die on me when i get back

No
    :eek:

Thanks to whoever's been promoting the videos + inferno across the web.

Hits on inferno 10 finals from all the big hitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No
    Could be something to do with me and 'kneecap posting them on Edge. I know one of the regular SF thread visitors is in Korea and one may be in Japan.

• Advertisement

No
    :eek:

Thanks to whoever's been promoting the videos + inferno across the web.

Hits on inferno 10 finals from all the big hitters!

what you mean big hitters?

Advertisement