Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

national digital plan

Options
  • 09-06-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

since our government has no national digital plan what do you think the best way forward for Ireland.Fine Gael NEWERA plan is ok but has to many flaws.I wish they do something like NZ bring FTTH to 75% or 90% in ten years they could do that couldn't they. what do you guys think maybe we could do thinking for those num skulls in power. like i mean british government kinda cop on why are our so slow to act and stop counting on Eircom to invest when there like the banks need money.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Eamon Ryan does not want a national plan on his watch so it won't happen under this lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They do have a national Digital plan. It's just not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Could we all band together and come up with a feasable national plan for FTTH? And then start bothering TDs into implementing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan does not want a national plan on his watch so it won't happen under this lot.

Source (or are you missing an "I don't think" there)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cgarvey wrote: »
    Source (or are you missing an "I don't think" there)?

Maybe an "Obviously" at the beginning. Otherwise he would have started it or the cabinet would have told him to strart it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Maybe an "Obviously" at the beginning. Otherwise he would have started it or the cabinet would have told him to strart it.

One word changes the meaning altogether. Your original post appears to be a statement of fact (without anything to back it up, and now it looks to be an inaccurate "fact").

Your opinion, which might be well-founded (I happen to agree, anyway) is something else. Please watch that line between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Since Eamon Ryans been in office since June 2007 and there's been no move on a national plan apart from that given to 3 mobile, then I would say that Bobs statement can be taken as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Minister Ryan actually inherted the NBS I think. He only approved the awarding of tender.

His rationale was that the process had been going on too long and there was not time to develop an alternate scheme. From his point of view it's better than the GBS. Only one contract and almost sign once and forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

I can't think of a single initiative during the Ryan Years apart from the modest changes to the NRA ducting remit.

All the rest were legacy ideas or programs.

Advertisement