Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wuthering Heights and Playboy of the western World

Options
  • 09-06-2010 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hey I have two of these((Along with inside Im dancing)) for my comparative but I'm still kinda shakey on them,Especially with Playboy seeing as our teacher was fired half way through the year and our new one didnt have much time for it.

But yeah would anyone know of some good websites for the two?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mercurypink

Well I haven't revised them myself yet, and my thrid text is Il Postino, but for a few quick comparisons between WH and the Playboy, I'd go with how both Heathcliff and Christy were treated badly by fathers or father figures, and yet they are so very different, Christy being shy and with a soft heart, while Heathcliff is heartless to all but Catherine Snr, and even that's kind of questionable, know what I'm saying?

Then you can compare Peggin and Catherine Snr in how they've both been heavily influenced by sociteies expectations them, and how they both end up marrying the men they don't love.

There's loads more, but I don't have the time, sorry! Good luck tomorrow, and when in doubt, stick to the simple stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Hey thanks :)

Ya the only comparisions I really have for them is woman in the socciety,How little freeom they have and the disreguard of love as you said.

Advertisement